• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

MechDX

JJ is over there begging, 'please guys, do anything you can to get me off this god forsaken team.'

B7600zNIIAAH96s.jpg:large

Then Watt made Luck the number one overall pick. Then drafted Mario, Barwin and Quinn , getting the band back together

Greg

What's with all the random posters in the deflategate thread defending the Patriots?
the funny thing is the same playoff lifelongs that say they're too busy to post in the NFL thread with us losers are able fill 35 pages in less than 24 hours

brentech

Justin Hardy and Evin Smith topped the wide receivers crop.

East Carolina’s Hardy, 5-10, 190, reminded Pauline of the Packers’ Jordy Nelson. “He doesn’t wow you physically but he’s just a terrific football player, a guy I think will be underdrafted. He might run in the high 4.4’s; third or fourth-round area. Will compete at the next level as No. 3 or No. 4 receiver.

I immediately had to look him up....and he's NOT white! We've come a long way guys.

gutshot

Jeff Garcia wants to be a QB coach:

@BrianSeltzer975 said:
Jeff Garcia on @JonandSeanShow on becoming QB coach: 'Whether it's Philadelphia, OAK, SF, I'm putting my name out there. This is my passion'

@BrianSeltzer975 said:
Jeff Garcia also said his agent reached out to Eagles to explore possibility of joining Chip Kelly's coaching staff once Bill Musgrave left.

brentech

I could see the Packers allowing Hawk to ride out the final year of his contract, but damn, save almost 4M by cutting him. 1.6 dead money. Can't tell me that money couldn't be better spent on retaining Cobb and or Bulaga (one of them is going to get signed either way, maybe even both).

Striker

Some Giant fans are talking about Bulaga coming to NYG. I wondered how much money he's looking at, but if he did it would be at RT. Surely Green Bay offers more for him.

Pro

I could see the Packers allowing Hawk to ride out the final year of his contract, but damn, save almost 4M by cutting him. 1.6 dead money. Can't tell me that money couldn't be better spent on retaining Cobb and or Bulaga (one of them is going to get signed either way, maybe even both).

All I can still think of when I hear AJ Hawk is him not falling back to defend the wide open man in the end zone on that fake punt.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I don't think it'll be a huge shock if the Browns end up getting Mark Sanchez.

There are a lot of guys in our coaching staff who were coaching for the Jets the year they went to the AFC Championship.

eznark

Banned

They don't really need it and you realize that means Brad Jones, starting ILB.

They can sign Cobb, tag Bulaga and have plenty of room left over for Shields. That way they'll have more money in 2016 to sign Bulaga to a long term deal.

cashman

Banned
Can't argue getting stripped of play calling is a good look. Jerry loves to micromanage. But if Garrett is a "yes-man", then Jerry re-built the team, Jerry created an environment conducive to winning. I just don't see that.

Meanwhile, reports suggest that his son and Will McClay handle the personnel side of things with heavy influence from the coaching staff. Garrett came in and they end up drafting corner stone players, they limit big free agent signings, and built the team up from abysmal mediocrity. Garrett can navigate Jerry like no other coach. Dude was made for this role and has his fingerprints all over the team.

I've always liked Garrett as a person, and it's nice to see his strategy finally paying off.

brentech

They don't really need it and you realize that means Brad Jones, starting ILB.

They can sign Cobb, tag Bulaga and have plenty of room left over for Shields. That way they'll have more money in 2016 to sign Bulaga to a long term deal.

i was thinking, both him and Jones have one year left. And Jones actually saves more cap with less dead money, but it's just rare to see the Packers do that, so yeah, it's probably not happening to either guy.

eznark

Banned
i was thinking, both him and Jones have one year left. And Jones actually saves more cap with less dead money, but it's just rare to see the Packers do that, so yeah, it's probably not happening to either guy.

I actually think they will definitely cut Jones. Towards the end of the year he was basically only a special teams player. In the last 6 weeks he played an average of 8% of defensive snaps, mostly due to them playing him a fuckton against Buffalo (where he played well...he's a good run stuffer).

I hate this part of the season where people see players simply as dollar signs as opposed to their worth on the field.
I mean, it's pretty obvious that Brad Jones has negative worth on the field, every number backs that up. Hawk has limited value depending on down/distance. The only "value" they possess is through attrition. The Packers only have one ILB, Barrington. So they need to keep AND start either Jones or Hawk.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm bored of "inflate gate". Seems like a nothing thing in the grand scheme of things.

The only thing to hope for now in the next 8 months is to resign all of our guys, draft an ILB, smarten up our defense somehow, and cut Brad Jones.

eznark

Banned
I'm bored of "inflate gate". Seems like a nothing thing in the grand scheme of things.

The only thing to hope for now in the next 8 months is to resign all of our guys, draft an ILB, smarten up our defense somehow, and cut Brad Jones.

You want to resign Tramon?

Draxal

Some Giant fans are talking about Bulaga coming to NYG. I wondered how much money he's looking at, but if he did it would be at RT. Surely Green Bay offers more for him.

Some Giants fans are in denial. There's a 1% chance that Green Bay will let go of Bulaga.

I mean, it's pretty obvious that Brad Jones has negative worth on the field, every number backs that up. Hawk has limited value depending on down/distance. The only "value" they possess is through attrition. The Packers only have one ILB, Barrington. So they need to keep AND start either Jones or Hawk.

I'm not as familiar with Capers and the Pack defense. How likely is it they start a rookie at ILB with Hawk or Jones still likely on the team??

eznark

Banned
I cannot even fathom a scenario where Bulaga isn't a Packer next year. He's an obvious tag.

I'm not as familiar with Capers and the Pack defense. How likely is it they start a rookie at ILB with Hawk or Jones still likely on the team??

Well, they are very comfortable with Barrington now so I could see it happening. Hawk and Jones were on the sidelines a fair bit the second half of the year.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 8m8 minutes ago

Former Raiders HC Tony Sparano is being hired as 49ers' TE coach, per sources. Stays right in Bay Area.

That's a pretty serious fall. At least he's still in the league, I guess.

So I don't think it'll be a huge shock if the Browns end up getting Mark Sanchez.

There are a lot of guys in our coaching staff who were coaching for the Jets the year they went to the AFC Championship.

Better than the options we already have...which isn't saying much, but still.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What if someone were to upload a virus into Ted's AI?

You can't have him!

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 8m8 minutes ago

Former Raiders HC Tony Sparano is being hired as 49ers' TE coach, per sources. Stays right in Bay Area.

That's a pretty serious fall. At least he's still in the league, I guess.

Wow that's a ridiculous drop. Why not just go coach in college?

Top Bottom