• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

WedgeX

Banned
So Jags hired Greg Olson as their OC. Don't like him, but he might actually be good to help develop Bortles.

id6IYH2WfgCMC.jpeg

Whats not to like?

JABEE

If Kelly can't get a 2nd for him then he is not a master of the trading game. Andy Reid got teams to pay a 2nd rounder for AJ Feely, Kevin Kolb and a washed up Donovan McNabb. Nick Foles is a better QB then the first 2 and a washed up McNabb.
They got a 2nd and a 25 year old DRC for Kolb.

I still can't believe how they robbed the Dolphins like they did with the AJ Feely deal. :jnc

Saw this posted over at BBI. It's the fourth quarter from the 2008 Steelers/Giants game in Pittsburgh. One of my favorite games, frankly. Two tough, very physical football teams beating the hell out of one another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSRPi2i9eiE

Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl that year with an amazing defense really. I've watched the game itself in its entirety several times over the years. Its just too good (from both teams).

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Saw this posted over at BBI. It's the fourth quarter from the 2008 Steelers/Giants game in Pittsburgh. One of my favorite games, frankly. Two tough, very physical football teams beating the hell out of one another.

Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl that year with an amazing defense really. I've watched the game itself in its entirety several times over the years. Its just too good (from both teams).

I blame Deebo for that loss.

Only watching this for the defense. Ben was awful that day.

edit: Now these throwbacks I absolutely hated. So glad they went to the killer Bee outfits. t least their tackiness is interesting.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
LA - theOBR @LaneAdkins
Bright, young, offensive mind with experience working with a young QBs is likely to land in CLE

I guess that would mean that DeFlippio guy or however his name is spelt.

LJ11

I am reading Field Gulls and I must say, I want Ameer Abdullah too now

Love Abdullah, pretty complete back. I mean he's not the fastest or the strongest, but he's got enough juice and moves to fake defenders outs, he's smooth as fuck, can catch. Good back, in a great running back class.

Watching that video, man, how we ever won the Super Bowl with that offensive line.

That same year the Eagles absolutely destroyed Ben. 6 sacks or thereabouts. The Eagles won 15-6. What a dominant D.

Just watching that clip it's surreal to see how fast Troy and Clark and Keisel were. I'm sure Jints fans feel the same way about their D.

Raiders and Bears news:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 14m14 minutes ago
#Raiders expected to interview former #Falcons coach Mike Smith for their defensive coordinator job, source said. Talked to Mangini today

Former #Broncos OC Adam Gase is flying to Chicago to interview for #Bears OC tomorrow, source said. Could move very quickly.

LJ11

Lot of talk of Mariota dropping. When you look at this class and look at the teams drafting in the top ten, no reason for either to get out of the top ten.

Just watching that clip it's surreal to see how fast Troy and Clark and Keisel were. I'm sure Jints fans feel the same way about their D.
Kiwi and Tuck in their prime were damned good. Fred Robbins was still a beast and we had AP in the middle. Webster had his best year and was playing at a ridiculously high level.

The thing that struck me - 1:46 left on the clock and Spags is sending blitzes at Ben like there's no tomorrow. He had the horses to do it then, of course. He has pieces on the defensive line today and a better secondary today, IMO (at least at corner) but I hope he carries some of that aggression over with him in his second stint with the team. So fucking sick of watching teams dink and dunk their way to a FG victory or TD on us these past two seasons.

Lot of talk of Mariota dropping. When you look at this class and look at the teams drafting in the top ten, no reason for either to get out of the top ten.
Honestly felt like I was talking to a wall earlier in the thread;). There's always the outlier possibility that Marcus pulls a Vontaze Burfict or something (an extreme example of course) but what are the odds? With as QB needy as some of those teams are...

I take more offense to this than anything.

Explain.

Seriously, my fuck you list extends to just Joe Flacco. Everyone else is top notch.

And I'm not too bummed about Trestman. If you remember, Mech was clowning us when we hired Kubiak to be our OC. All he did was turn our offense around get a premier headcoaching position one year later. Trestman is another failed head coach, who just might still be a talented OC. I'm ok with the hire.

I'm just really sad is all. Yeah, Kubiak was good with us, but the thing is I can't remember the last OC we had where he was good, the offense was good, and we got as far as we did. So of course he bolts the next year and we get a guy who took Cutler and Brandon Marshall to their worst year ever. I'm not saying there's no reason to have confidence in him, it's just with his recent years especially this past one I personally can't.

Furyous

LA - theOBR ‏ @ LaneAdkins
@ TheOBR http://cle.scout.com has learned the Browns are closing in on adding Oakland Raiders QB coach John DeFilippo to their staff.

This is great news because of his work with Derek. Derek looked poised and confident out there. Is there a reason why the Raiders let him go? Either way, we'll need him to work with a young QB this offseason. *Goes back to looking at scouting tape on college QBs*

Striker

Kiwi and Tuck in their prime were damned good. Fred Robbins was still a beast and we had AP in the middle. Webster had his best year and was playing at a ridiculously high level.

The thing that struck me - 1:46 left on the clock and Spags is sending blitzes at Ben like there's no tomorrow. He had the horses to do it then, of course. He has pieces on the defensive line today and a better secondary today, IMO (at least at corner) but I hope he carries some of that aggression over with him in his second stint with the team. So fucking sick of watching teams dink and dunk their way to a FG victory or TD on us these past two seasons.
Corners then were good too. Webster, Ross, and Thomas. All really young guys with big upside. Of course they drafted Phillips too and he was getting his way into the lineup. The DB's now are fine with Prince and DRC, but they need to resign Thurmond. Safeties are a whole other topic. Outside 'backers are another need.

Draxal

This is what gives me so much hope about Spags. He had no Strahan or Osi that year and Webster was god awful under Lewis and Sheridan/Fewell.

I really just think the talent Reese's drafts is much better suited for a dc like Spags than Fewell/Sheridan.

As for safeties, I don't think Rolle's coming back but BBI did say that's Hill might come back.

James Butler was captain servicable and the Giants should be able to find an equivalent with out issue.

MechDX

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 3m3 minutes ago
Whisenhunt mentions the 1st day of meeting w/ players, he asked about 30 O-players if they huddled up before about 25 said they never did.

Man fuck college football

Chris Mortensen @mortreport · 22m 22 minutes ago
NFL has found that 11 of the Patriots footballs used in Sunday’s AFC title game were under-inflated by 2 lbs each, per league sources.

Damn cheaters

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Looks like my GTX 570 finally went kaput. Went back to Shogun 2 for a bit, and enabled my usual overclock profile in Afterburner which has worked fine for years. Had a hard reboot while playing in game for a couple minutes. Tried again and it rebooted on the main menu. Ended up booting into Windows with no display active.

Went to Fry's and picked up a 4GB 970 GTX. There was that familiar smell of burnt electronics when I took out the old card.

Now to retry all my old games with the card, lol. Witcher 2 on ultra first I suppose...

Tamanon

Banned
Raiders and Bears news:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 14m14 minutes ago
#Raiders expected to interview former #Falcons coach Mike Smith for their defensive coordinator job, source said. Talked to Mangini today

Former #Broncos OC Adam Gase is flying to Chicago to interview for #Bears OC tomorrow, source said. Could move very quickly.

Mike Smith to Oakland? They really are trying to be the Jags West.

DMczaf

Teams should be waiting for 2016. Next year, Schiano's contract with the Bucs finally runs out! He's back on the market!

Mindlog

Insular.
Be careful in the Super Bowl thread people. Remember, OT behavior.
Teams should be waiting for 2016. Next year, Schiano's contract with the Bucs finally runs out! He's back on the market!
Looking for the perfect image to encapsulate my reply.
Google pretty much nailed it.

Lead with the Browns. End with the Bag.
Winston is in there...
Google. Wait your turn.

Top Bottom