• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Wouldn't the Packers having only one player on their roster they didn't draft make them the best?

Packers would definitely be in my top 5.

49ers - Draft so well their front office got gassed and fired their head coach
Seahawks - Leader of their offense AND defense 3rd round pick or later
Ravens - instant reload, constantly shedding talent with little drop off in on field play
Packers - consistently talented players on offense despite for years an awful at best defense
Bengals - Probably would have had a Super Bowl were it not for their QB/Coach

Personally I feel the Steelers draft excellently as well, but their recent draft picks have only just gotten on the field in favor of the dead weight so the jury is out.

Posted this in the other thread too
Don't forget to get involved with out NFL-GAF Team mock draft! Here we try to predict the picks our team makes with a team of fans! Let me know if you want to join and for what team and I'll add you to the list.

MOCK DRAFT PARTY

Let's just do the sign up now because it's gonna take forever

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -
2. Tennessee Titans -
3. Jacksonville Jaguars -
4. Oakland Raiders -
5. Washington Redskins -
6. New York Jets -
7. Chicago Bears -
8. Atlanta Falcons -
9. New York Giants -
10. St. Louis Rams -
11. Minnesota Vikings -
12. Cleveland Browns -
13. New Orleans Saints -
14. Miami Dolphins -
15. San Francisco 49ers -
16. Houston Texans -
17. San Diego Chargers -
18. Kansas City Chiefs -
19. Cleveland Browns (from Buffalo) -
20. Philadelphia Eagles -
21. Cincinnati Bengals -
22. Pittsburgh Steelers -
23. Detroit Lions -
24. Arizona Cardinals -
25. Carolina Panthers -
26. Baltimore Ravens -
27. Dallas Cowboys -
28. Denver Broncos -
29. Indianapolis Colts -
30. Green Bay Packers -
31. New Orleans Saints (from Seattle) -
32. New England Patriots -

In spirit:
Buffalo Bills -
Seattle Seahawks -

And don't forget the official Predict the Pick league, where you can make your own personal prediction of every draft pick and show Mel Kiper what's up!

http://predictpick.nfl.com/groups/view/242

Our predict the pick league for this year friends, the password is Gronkislife (with a capital G).

I'll do the Browns second pick.

This is TheBatman btw ;p

Syrinx

I feel like when just about every player you draft ends up washing out, the problem may not be with your drafting but rather your coaching and player development.

Rand Getlin ‏ @ Rand_Getlin 46s 46 seconds ago
Former # UCF WR Breshad Perriman just ran a 4.26 forty at his pro day, according to his agent, @ RosenhausSports. Blazing.

Rand Getlin ‏ @ Rand_Getlin 2m 2 minutes ago
Interested to see the official time on Perriman's forty. Anywhere in the 4.3 range for a 6-foot-2, 212 pound wide receiver, is outstanding

UCF Football ‏ @ UCF_Football 11m 11 minutes ago
Here it is! Breshad Perriman's 40 which was clocked between 4.22-4.27! # UCFproday # BuiltByUCF https://vine.co/v/O35ddHeUur6
Vine

Brent Sobleski ‏ @ brentsobleski 4m 4 minutes ago
You watch that Perriman 40 attempt, and he's just floating. Doesn't even look like he's trying hard.
He's been kinda under the radar since he couldn't run at combine
Edit: already thought he was probably going in the first round before the 40

You can't deny that his drafting has vastly improved though. From 05-09 he was probably one of the worst, for sure.

Definitely. Hitting on Hightower and Jones in the same draft was a big help. Best in the league I think is a massive reach though.

edit: Put me on the Steelers list Dutch Man. I'll try not to get banned this year.

So they made the seemingly illegal substitution rule used the Pats illegal.

How expected. I'm glad no other teams will get to have this loophole exploited against them.

Edit: I'll take the Ravens for the draft.

So they made the seemingly illegal substitution rule used the Pats illegal.

How expected. I'm glad no other teams will get to have this loophole exploited against them.

Edit: I'll take the Ravens for the draft.

Seemingly illegal =/ illegal. Because you're coaching staff is too fucking moronic to draw it up and to stop it, that doesn't make it illegal. It was within the rules, sucks to suck.

Haha sweet. Still celebrating that Super Bowl? ;o

Ain't no stoppin' this train

Seemingly illegal =/ illegal. Because you're coaching staff is too fucking moronic to draw it up and to stop it, that doesn't make it illegal. It was within the rules, sucks to suck.

If it was a coaching thing, they wouldn't have made it illegal. I give credit to Belichek, he's a genius. Found a loophole, exploited it, got a Super Bowl, and they closed it. That's the best he could hope for. But lets not act like they just make things illegal because it's hard to coach against them

And, yes seemingly illegal =/ illegal. But, now it's illegal, and illegal = illegal, so find some other crutch to bail your team out.

You did not add me to the list, brother Dutch.

Posted this in the other thread too

I'll do the Browns second pick.

This is TheBatman btw ;p

Ah, that's who you are. I remember your PSN name and knew you were from gaf but wasn't sure which gaffer. Also, I think you were the one that liked my playing FF XV demo, good on you brother. Most anticipated game of the last...9 years ;_;

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@SandoESPN 2m 2 minutes ago
Gruden thinks Garrett Grayson can be 2nd-rd pick or higher a la Garoppolo. Thinks HC with advanced pro system will love him. #GrudensQBCamp
Battle of Hundley, Petty, or Grayson for 3rd Qb taken.

gutshot

Added the both of you.

But remember kids, it's a group effort thing. Multiple people can sign up for 1 team their pick, and together you have to decide on who you think your team is gonna take.

JABEE, yankee and I collaborated on the pick last year and hopefully we can do so again this year. If any other member of Eagles-GAF wants in as well, feel free to PM me and/or post here.

Added the both of you.

But remember kids, it's a group effort thing. Multiple people can sign up for 1 team their pick, and together you have to decide on who you think your team is gonna take.

Not a problem; I was always planning to work with the rest of LionsGAF (yes, that means Kas, too).

MechDX

Packers don't really grade out well individually outside of Rodgers and Nelson.

Personally I'd probably look at it as % of drafted players still on the roster divided by wins to come up a number. There's no great way to do it though. Adding in four points of failure seems like the absolute worst way to try and solve the problem though.

That stat I mentioned is mind blowing in this day and age. Team is contention year after year and just reloads through the draft. Rodgers helps but still. Just damn.

Here is another metric:
CA9ZmixWsAAqg0V.jpg:large

He's been kinda under the radar since he couldn't run at combine
Edit: already thought he was probably going in the first round before the 40
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 20m20 minutes ago
"Did he catch at the Pro Day, because he couldn't at UCF." - AFC West scout to me on Breshad Perriman.

Yeah...

"He's probably one of the highest character people I've met," Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said at the Owners Meetings this week. "I don't believe he's the dirtiest player in the NFL and I'm very proud he's a Miami Dolphin. I totally disregard that statement, being the dirtiest player. I wish all the players were the character of Ndamukong Suh."
If only all players had the character of Suh, then the NFL wouldn't have to worry about player safety. Maybe one day...

Konka

Banned
JABEE, yankee and I collaborated on the pick last year and hopefully we can do so again this year. If any other member of Eagles-GAF wants in as well, feel free to PM me and/or post here.

In following with Chip, with the 20th pick of the 2015 NFL draft the eagles pick Pharaoh Brown, TE, Oregon.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I will represent LionsGAF in the mock draft if no one else has done so yet.

I would also like to be a member of LionsGAF mock draft. I will do my best to convince LionsGAF to go offensive playmaker to no avail, but I will try.

Seriously though I wouldn't mind a defensive lineman or DB with the stipulation that we go RB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

I can stick my two cents into your discussions, but I dunno if I'll be around day and date of the actual mock.

This semester I have three courses heavily centered on group work. I'm about to pull my goddamn hair out trying to get outside meetings coordinated.

Draxal

I can't beat the Cleric Beast. I regret taking the Threaded Cane. I must have fought it a dozen times. Best I did was I got it to 1/3 health. Tried molotovs, bought all the gear, etc.

Oh you are talking about an old game.

You can try going on to the second boss, going there unlocks the ability to level up (even if you don't beat him) and get more bloods shards on the way. The leveling upgraded/weapon did help me a ton.

manfestival

are the bucs claiming a possibility between mariotta and winston simply to stir up attention? I mean, everyone knows winston is the chosen one and will lead us to our milk and honey

You can try going on to the second boss, going there unlocks the ability to level up (even if you don't beat him) and get more bloods shards on the way. The leveling upgraded/weapon did help me a ton.

You can skip Cleric Beast? Just encountering Cleric Beast lets you level up, I'm already up to like level 16 or something. But yeah being able to level up my weapon would be very helpful. How do you skip it?

Are they meeting in your dungeon?

Not sure yet. We're doing most of our work virtually, but I have two presentations next week and want to do run-throughs together so we don't fuck it up. They'd take an hour each at the most to coordinate, but these youngsters' priorities are severely misplaced.

Top Bottom