• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

bionic77

Packers would definitely be in my top 5.

49ers - Draft so well their front office got gassed and fired their head coach
Seahawks - Leader of their offense AND defense 3rd round pick or later
Ravens - instant reload, constantly shedding talent with little drop off in on field play
Packers - consistently talented players on offense despite for years an awful at best defense
Bengals - Probably would have had a Super Bowl were it not for their QB/Coach

Personally I feel the Steelers draft excellently as well, but their recent draft picks have only just gotten on the field in favor of the dead weight so the jury is out.
What defensive playmakers have we drafted in the past 8 years other than Timmons?

We have had a lot of success on offense, especially with wide receivers (though I think that is as much of a product of how good Ben is as it is for our FO) but we have sucked major balls at drafting and developing talent on defense. I mean we just fucking signed Harrison to a 2 year deal in 2015! That is like 5 years past expiration...

BigAT

Tom Coughlin vs. Siri:

"Two weeks ago I'm trying to get to a roller hockey game that my grandson is playing in, so Marc Ross [the Giants' director of college scouting] had showed me how to talk to this phone," Coughlin said. "I don't trust the lady in GPS, I don't trust her, because they don't send you the right way. I hit the button and I go 'Park Ridge, New Jersey.' And she comes back on, she's giving me directions. So now I figure out where I am. I hit the thing and I said, 'Thank you very much, I know exactly where I am now.' And she comes back and says, 'You don't have to thank me.' I swear to God that's what she said. And then I couldn't get her to shut up. Every turn. 'Take a right here.' I know where I am. I know where I am. I'm a block away from my house and she's telling me where to go. I said, 'I know where I'm going.' "

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Who's fucking alt is Jackie Chiles? This is getting out of hand guys.

NFLGAF should be inclusive. Everytime we get a new member we can't just call them someone's alt.

Only three things should be asked:

1.) Who's your team?
2.) Do you respect the dynasty the Patriots have put together under Bill and Tom?
3.) Is Matthew Stafford elite?

If you answer #3 wrong I'll begin to question your football IQ.

NFLGAF should be inclusive. Everytime we get a new member we can't just call them someone's alt.

1.) Who's your team?
2.) Do you respect the dynasty the Patriots have put together under Bill and Tom?

1) FinsAGE for life!
2) No
3) Fuck No, unless you mean at eating doughnuts, then definitely.

eznark

Banned
Tom Coughlin vs. Siri:

"Two weeks ago I'm trying to get to a roller hockey game that my grandson is playing in, so Marc Ross [the Giants' director of college scouting] had showed me how to talk to this phone," Coughlin said. "I don't trust the lady in GPS, I don't trust her, because they don't send you the right way. I hit the button and I go 'Park Ridge, New Jersey.' And she comes back on, she's giving me directions. So now I figure out where I am. I hit the thing and I said, 'Thank you very much, I know exactly where I am now.' And she comes back and says, 'You don't have to thank me.' I swear to God that's what she said. And then I couldn't get her to shut up. Every turn. 'Take a right here.' I know where I am. I know where I am. I'm a block away from my house and she's telling me where to go. I said, 'I know where I'm going.' "

amazing

Malalaw

1.) Who's your team?

1. Saints
2. Couldn't care less.
3. He was the best #1 overall pick that year. Belee DAT.

1.) Who's your team?

1. Pack
2. I respect the dedication to rampant cheating that the Patriots have sustained the last fifteen years. Lesser teams would've had an attack of conscience, but Darth Belichick and Co. have long since extinguished any glimmer of humanity that may have survived along the way.
3. :jnc

What defensive playmakers have we drafted in the past 8 years other than Timmons?

We have had a lot of success on offense, especially with wide receivers (though I think that is as much of a product of how good Ben is as it is for our FO) but we have sucked major balls at drafting and developing talent on defense. I mean we just fucking signed Harrison to a 2 year deal in 2015! That is like 5 years past expiration...

Cameron Heyward.

Nobody else has really gotten the opportunity on defense. Keisel was starting over Tuitt Last year, Jones is in his second year and was inured, Shazier is a rookie. Shamarko is behind Troy Polamalu.

Steelers kept a good thing going for too long, doesn't for a second mean that Colbert can't draft.

bionic77

Actually dumb doctors are the worst because they fuck shit up for people. In a way that is not possible in most professions.

And worst of all, like Gata, even though they are dumb as shit and incompetent they think they are smart and nothing is ever their fault.

I always thought it was crazy that a doctor in bumfuck, nowhere who barely make it in medical school makes the same per procedure as a brilliant doctor in the city whose CV is like 100 pages long. I always thought doctors should be reimbursed by results.

1.) Who's your team?

I feel like I need to correct your list, for number 2 what dynasty are you referring too? Because the pats haven't ever won a superbowl so I'm a little confused here.

ampere

I feel like I need to correct your list, for number 2 it's obv that everyone agrees they are GOATs!what dynasty are you referring too? Because the pats haven't ever won a superbowl so I'm a little confused here.

Chris I corrected the errors in your post <3

No need to thank me

RBH

New Falcons stadium is starting to take shape:

aerial_progress_2015_032515_001.jpg

aerial_progress_2015_032515_003.jpg

aerial_progress_2015_032515_004.jpg

aerial_progress_2015_032515_005.jpg

bionic77

Cameron Heyward.

Nobody else has really gotten the opportunity on defense. Keisel was starting over Tuitt Last year, Jones is in his second year and was inured, Shazier is a rookie. Shamarko is behind Troy Polamalu.

Steelers kept a good thing going for too long, doesn't for a second mean that Colbert can't draft.
First a good thing going? When is the last time our defense was good? I feel like the last time it was actually stopping offenses was in 2010 and they fell apart against the Packers in the SB (similar to how we fell apart against the Cards in the last 20 minute of the SB).

And that is the fault of the FO and coaching if the young players are not getting a chance. Fuck Tomlin and the rest if their plan was to continue to play over the hill guys until they died on the field.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I was going to ask where people are going to park but then I remembered how many people actually show up for the games.

smiley-smug_zpsc9fec4f2.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I feel like I need to correct your list, for number 2 what dynasty are you referring too? Because the pats haven't ever won a superbowl so I'm a little confused here.

The question could be interpreted different ways. I guess another way to interpret the question would be do you believe the Patriots deserve an * on there 4 Super Bowl titles.

I personally respect the greatness and 6 Super Bowl appearances the Patriots have had. Tom Brady's 2007 season is still the best QB season I've ever seen. Matthew Staffords 2011 domination at 23 years old is up there as well.

I personally see no * on the Patriots 4 Super Bowl wins. Bill Bellichick had nothing to do with Andrew Lucks abysmal performance in the AFC Title Game or Pete Carrol deciding to pass the ball on the 1 yard line on a 2nd and Goal when Marshawn Lynch is your RB.

I was going to ask where people are going to park but then I remembered how many people actually show up for the games.

9.3/10

smiley-smug_zpsc9fec4f2.jpg

:jnc

The question could be interpreted different ways. I guess another way to interpret the question would be do you believe the Patriots deserve an * on there 4 Super Bowl titles.

I personally respect the greatness and 6 Super Bowl appearances the Patriots have had. Tom Brady's 2007 season is still the best QB season I've ever seen. Matthew Staffords 2011 domination at 23 years old is up there as well.

I personally see no * on the Patriots 4 Super Bowl wins. Bill Bellichick had nothing to do with Andrew Lucks abysmal performance in the AFC Title Game or Pete Carrol deciding to pass the ball on the 1 yard line on a 2nd and Goal when Marshawn Lynch is your RB.

You're one of the good guys, friend.

image.php

You're a good man

First a good thing going? When is the last time our defense was good? I feel like the last time it was actually stopping offenses was in 2010 and they fell apart against the Packers in the SB (similar to how we fell apart against the Cards in the last 20 minute of the SB).

And that is the fault of the FO and coaching if the young players are not getting a chance. Fuck Tomlin and the rest if their plan was to continue to play over the hill guys until they died on the field.

2011 was the last time. 3 seasons ago. They've been mediocre at best ever since.

And the Steelers D didn't fall apart against the Pack in the Super Bowl. The garbage offensive line did. An offensive line that has since been rebuilt and is one of the better ones in the league.

Yeah the FO should have gutted the whole thing a year or two earlier, but it really speaks to how spoiled Steelers fans are when 3 consecutive years of mediocre defense (after a championship run no less) is completely unacceptable.

JABEE

1.) Who's your team?

So you are questioning your own football IQ?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I do wonder how many people just lurk this thread and not post.

I mean, we have just so many bags of dicks to give out (or penguins if you're an animu or whatever).

Top Bottom