• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
My daughter is 4 and and has been reading for awhile now. I wonder when she is going to advance past Gata in school (not going to let her skip ahead so that will probably delay things by a few years)?

My daughter is 5 and she corrected my wife on her grammar when my wife was trying to scold her a few nights ago. It was hilariously awesome.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
god DAMMIT wienke you fucked up

:(

Guys....I'm pretty sure it's Monday....

What was Monday again? We make fun of Gata on Mondays right?

Leave it to a Pats fan to screw it all up...

Fuck you. That's the most disrespectful thing anyone has said to me in this thread. I'd rather be called an animu compared to that you son of a bitch!

To be fair he did say he was going to start posting animu gifs if we didn't shut up about Baseball.

I did so you all are doing good work for me anyway. Fuck baseball.

Narag

I'm sure there are gifs of moe girls shooting fully automatic weapons and struggling to control them or something weird like that.

Huep7Ej.gif

I love anime, and even I'm here like Donald Glover walking into the apartment with pizza and seeing everything on fire right now. What happened??

Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN 31m 31 minutes ago
# Browns new helmet will be matte orange with modified brown & white oreo stripe + brown facemask
My one wish was matte orange helmets :""")
The rest of the uniforms can be offensive as fuck

Milchjon

I go each Summer to Fürth, that's pretty far out East. People are still nice there.

Well, that's Franconia. My mom's from that region. Maybe the best region in Germany. I was mostly referring to the former GDR states.

Also, jak, all this means is you have an alarmingly high threshold. 12 beers on a Monday is no joke...

Houston's all about the mediocre QB's:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 57s 57 seconds ago
A bit unexpected: #UCLA QB Brett Hundley was spotted in Houston, set for a pre-draft visit with the #Texans tomorrow, I’m told.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
But the length of the regular season... smh.

Reminds me of this recent article:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/articl...15-sabermetrics-still-cant-trump-pure-emotion

The thing about having one game never really matter that much is that you get all of the upside of a victory, really, without any of the downside of the loss.

Understanding that just one game is a tiny cog in a larger machine doesn't take away the fun of winning, because that's going to be there no matter what; it just eases the sting of losing. Understanding that no one game makes that much of a difference allows you to just bask in the enjoyment of the thing. It lets you have fun.

This is something unique to baseball. Every NFL loss is like losing 10 baseball games in a row; every NBA and NHL loss is like losing two. The length of the season -- whether it's 162 games or, maybe one day (again), 154 games -- bakes in both disappointment and euphoria. The Arizona Diamondbacks lost 98 games last year, an absolutely miserable season, but if you were at Chase Field on April 30, when the D-Backs were behind 4-1 but scored one in the eighth, two in the ninth and won on a Miguel Montero walkoff in the 10th … you had a terrific time. You jumped and hollered and hugged whoever was next to you, even though your team was 9-22 and had just lost four in a row.

Look at them:

They're so happy! They're spraying Montero with water as he slides into home plate! The Diamondbacks were 9-22!

That's what baseball does. It is capable of providing you with pure, mainlined mirth, regardless of context, on any given day. Collectively, it can mean more, and all moments are, yes, just data points, but that doesn't mean those little moments and those data points matter any less while they're happening.

bionic77

My daughter is 5 and she corrected my wife on her grammar when my wife was trying to scold her a few nights ago. It was hilariously awesome.
Girls are the worst.

My daughter is trying to drive us crazy. Once she gets bored it seems like she is looking to fuck shit up. We have to get a hold of her or she will be the mean girls sequel by herself.

My son is chill as fuck and always listens to us. Never starts any shit.

Milchjon

Girls are the worst.

My daughter is trying to drive us crazy. Once she gets bored it seems like she is looking to fuck shit up. We have to get a hold of her or she will be the mean girls sequel by herself.

My son is chill as fuck and always listens to us. Never starts any shit.

Sexist pig.

bionic77

No.

Lakers are shit and Clippers are less shitty.
The Clippers are good.

So he was right.

They just are not good enough to win anything other than a playoff spot.

That team is getting broken up after this season because they are not winning it all.

Spurs/Golden State is going to be pretty epic though.

The East smells like a giant turd. I can't remember the last time the conference had more than 3 decent teams. It is so bad that the Lakers could contend for a 6th seed there if they were healthy. Probably would be fighting for the 8th spot as currently constructed...

Top Bottom