• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Slo

Didn't I hear on PTI or somewhere that Sam runs a 5.1/40? Pff. If he ever got past an OT, the guy would turn around and run him down.

I think I found a new hashtag for Monday.

https://twitter.com/JenSelter/status/585240949833527296

#MondayMotivation
CB8xiiCXIAMdeIb.jpg

ampere

Michael Sam is on dancing with the stars? Lol

Guess he never had a chance in the league

His main problem is he's too small so teams won't deal with the openly gay player 'issue'. If he were like Suh people would be all over that shit, gay or not.

BigAT

Are there examples of the NFL purposely keeping out a player based on his sexuality?

Vikings punter?

For a league with absolutely no safeties, Kerry Rhodes got completely ignored after all his stuff started coming out. He wasn't some world beater, but almost certainly deserved to be on a roster somewhere.

Draxal

For a league with absolutely no safeties, Kerry Rhodes got completely ignored after all his stuff started coming out. He wasn't some world beater, but almost certainly deserved to be on a roster somewhere.

Yeah, Kerry Rhodes was the one I was thinking of, he def still had game before he got blacklisted.

Slo

The league has always been willing to put up with your bullshit, if what you do on the field is worth it. Right now, being gay still means locker room drama and some amount of media/fan controversy, so a warm body like Kerry Rhodes isn't going to have a high enough production:bullshit ratio.

Sanjuro

Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia, Nick Saban...the list goes on

iRsdsPD4Rg74S.gif

The league has always been willing to put up with your bullshit, if what you do on the field is worth it. Right now, being gay still means locker room drama and some amount of media/fan controversy, so a warm body like Kerry Rhodes isn't going to have a high enough production:bullshit ratio.

There still hasn't been a prime example though. Rhodes seems fine with his result.

Draxal

iRsdsPD4Rg74S.gif

There still hasn't been a prime example though. Rhodes seems fine with his result.

Kerry seemed really pissed off that he got outed, so I don't think he was fine. It's funny how much play Michael Sam got, and the Kerry Rhodes thing was just pretty much a deadspin and similiar sites thing only.

Bread

Banned
Wisconsin's offense is so fun to watch, it's nice to see some guys who can actually make plays with the ball instead of the typical college offense of pass pass pass shoot crappy shot.

Bread

Banned
holy shit Peter King writes an article about a military veteran trying to make the NFL and he asks the dude how many people he killed

that is the most Peter King thing I've ever seen

Draxal

holy shit Peter King writes an article about a military veteran trying to make the NFL and he asks the dude how many people he killed

that is the most Peter King thing I've ever seen

Did he ask him which base had the best coffee?

Draxal

It's like the CrossFit of high school sports. For the most part nobody gives a shit, but the ones who do REALLY REALLY REALLY give a shit.

I hear ya, the NY ranger fanbase is small compared to the other sports, but man their fans are the most fanatic diehards there are.

Top Bottom