• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Seanspeed

Banned
I miss turn based RPGs, Type-0 is a nice change but I miss a fantasy setting turn based RPG. Maybe because I'm an old now, but turn based RPGs were great in that you can do other things while playing it.
Divinity Original Sin man. Best turn-based combat ever. Not hyperbole.

MRSA

Banned
Hello friend rando, I am finishing Type-0 today. Would you like to witness me being worse at Bloodborne than BG?

zychi

Banned
Oh yes, Gaming-side arguments, that's exactly what this thread needs!!

don't worry it won't last long. we can talk about how philly is going to bomb this year because they have no qb, and their starting rb is going to get injured.

or we can talk about how seattle is going to run away with the division next year

or how my bears will be one of the worst defenses in history again because ted phillips is still the president by name only and is actually the gm.

MRSA

Banned
big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg

Can we all at least agree that this is the manliest movie of all time?

don't worry it won't last long. we can talk about how philly is going to bomb this year because they have no qb, and their starting rb is going to get injured.

or we can talk about how seattle is going to run away with the division next year

or how my bears will be one of the worst defenses in history again because ted phillips is still the president by name only and is actually the gm.

Not worried about Murray getting injured. I think he and Mathews are going to split play time evenly, and I think he's going to only get half the carries. And we may have no QB if Bradford gets injured, but if he's healthy I don't see a lot of people saying he doesn't have talent.

zychi

Banned
Not worried about Murray getting injured. I think he and Mathews are going to split play time evenly, and I think he's going to only get half the carries. And we may have no QB if Bradford gets injured, but if he's healthy I don't see a lot of people saying he doesn't have talent.

history shows that all 3 will be injured at some point in the season.

I'm nearly done with my NG+ playthrough and am in the middle of the Chalice dungeons in Bloodborne but I still need more of a fix.

I'm going to give it another chance, TDK. Hopefully this remixed version clicks with me more than the initial release. Curious to see how it feels after 70+ hours of Bloodborne.:D

MRSA

Banned
I am still stuck on the first area. I dont get it, I had no problem with the Deamon souls games. I am sure that I am worse then BG.

Hey I was just replying to his nonesense.

I don't have the patience to tolerate dying 10 times within 2 minutes (exaggerating since it takes 2 minutes to load a game).

zychi

Banned
Eagles have had the second fewest injuries in the league for two years in a row.

they didnt have overworked demarco murray, the "man who can't stand" Bradford, or "ouch i put my should pads on, I have to sit out 4 weeks" Mathews

Also, they lost their starting QB last year, and the year before, and the year before(may go back as far as 2010 but i'm too lazy to check.) Not very encouraging for whoever starts at QB for them.

zychi

Banned
I'm nearly done with my NG+ playthrough and am in the middle of the Chalice dungeons in Bloodborne but I still need more of a fix.

I'm going to give it another chance, TDK. Hopefully this remixed version clicks with me more than the initial release. Curious to see how it feels after 70+ hours of Bloodborne.:D

good choice! I'm sad you didn't get it on PC tho. I'm doing a Demon Soul's run right now since I don't have a ps4 until Thurs. Can't decide if I want to buy that version of DS2 or not.

they didnt have overworked demarco murray, the "man who can't stand" Bradford, or "ouch i put my should pads on, I have to sit out 4 weeks" Mathews

Also, they lost their starting QB last year, and the year before, and the year before(may go back as far as 2010 but i'm too lazy to check.) Not very encouraging for whoever starts at QB for them.

They lost Vick because he was old. They lost Foles because the offensive line had a buttload of injuries and he kept getting walloped. They haven't had significant injuries at running back in years though, and this year they have crazy depth. Despite those losses they were still one of the healthiest teams in the league.

zychi

Banned
They lost Vick because he was old. They lost Foles because the offensive line had a buttload of injuries and he kept getting walloped. They haven't had significant injuries at running back in years though, and this year they have crazy depth. Despite those losses they were still one of the healthiest teams in the league.

neat. don't care how healthy the "team" was. you have 3 injury prone players, and the one consistent spot that is injured for "one of the healthiest" teams is QB.

so have fun with that.

Maybe the lowered expectations will help you out. Just accept that the world isn't as intricately connected as Dark Souls I and you'll find that it has plenty of fantastic things to offer. For one thing it has the most varied environments in the series and also more areas to explore than any other Souls game. It's not just about quantity either, many of the locations are among my favorites in the series. The weapons and armor are also a standout of Dark Souls II. I hope you enjoy it more this time!

I finished the game back when it was released and I never played any of the DLC. Looking forward to picking up the remaster at some point.

Spinluck

Just Dark Souls II. It came out today. It includes all of the DLC content, 1080p/60fps and a ton of changes to the gameplay, enemy placement, AI, etc. Also hit on X1 as well.

Never tried DS2, I might get it. Wish they re-released DS1 as well. DS1 was one of my favorite games of last gen.

jbug617

Banned
I bought The Order for $20. My guess this would of been the price during BF.

Remember when I couldn't hit any of the enemies with Molotovs, good times :")

favorite part was the enemy at the top of the stairs and you got him down to half health by hitting him and running away. Then he healed himself back to full health.

terrible combat and mindless grinding ruin what should be a great game. Everything else was top notch.

I would be pan you son of a bitch! Also I'm already a Chargers fan and they are Mexican as fuck.
The combat could have been better but I thought it was solid enough. Once you find some familiars you like you're golden, no need to grind! That game just made me so happy, it's like everything I love about classic JRPG's with a beautifully modern finish.

Maybe the lowered expectations will help you out. Just accept that the world isn't as intricately connected as Dark Souls I and you'll find that it has plenty of fantastic things to offer. For one thing it has the most varied environments in the series and also more areas to explore than any other Souls game. It's not just about quantity either, many of the locations are among my favorites in the series. The weapons and armor are also a standout of Dark Souls II. I hope you enjoy it more this time!
Certainly possible. The other side of the coin is that Bloodborne has ruined me and I'll come away disliking it more but I can sell it off easily enough so no loss either way. I hope that isn't the case. BB has me on a big time Souls kick.;)

Never tried DS2, I might get it. Wish they re-released DS1 as well. DS1 was one of my favorite games of last gen.
Original DS was a top 5 game of all last gen for me, yes. The PC version plus Durante's mod is glorious.

I bought The Order for $20. My guess this would of been the price during BF.
Well worth it at that price, IMO.

Top Bottom