• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Remember Superbowl 49

Chicken wings, Spicky chicken wings, ribs, pizza, chips, some coke, a few heinekens, 3 shots of crown, and praying a lot of praying.

Didn't work out.... saw a lot of cops on the road home. Was praying again but this time not to get pulled over. Got home.... praying it was all a dream. Woke up... it wasn't.

That's about what I remembered.

Spinluck

Remember Superbowl 49

image.php

Chicken wings, Spicky chicken wings, ribs, pizza, chips, some coke, a few heinekens, 3 shots of crown, and praying a lot of praying.

Didn't work out.... saw a lot of cops on the road home. Was praying again but this time not to get pulled over. Got home.... praying it was all a dream. Woke up... it wasn't.

The first part sounds fun

The second part sounds not fun

The first part sounds fun

The second part sounds not fun

I saw a lot of people in handcuffs on the way home man. 70% of them had on Kam Chancellor jersey.. I was wearing a Kam jersey. Even the cops look sad when they had people taking those DUI test. Man I have never seen a city so depress. And what worst was traffic was bumper to bumper so you literally see people getting fucked by cops. And you can't turn to look away because you aren't fucking moving anywhere. This was like 10x sadder than SB 40.

I saw a lot of people in handcuffs on the way home man. 70% of them had on Kam Chancellor jersey.. I was wearing a Kam jersey. Even the cops look sad when they had people taking those DUI test. Man I have never seen a city so depress. And what worst was traffic was bumper to bumper so you literally see people getting fucked by cops. And you can't turn to look away because you aren't fucking moving anywhere. This was like 10x sadder than SB 40.
Sounds terrible

Glad I wasn't sad that night

Spinluck

So you don't remember this?

malcolm-butler-intercepts-russell-wilson-super-bowl.gif

Weird, this would haunt me for a while. I can get over the Tracy Porter Pick 6, but this would've wrecked me.

So you don't remember this?

malcolm-butler-intercepts-russell-wilson-super-bowl.gif

Weird, this would haunt me for a while. I can get over the Tracy Porter Pick 6, but this would've wrecked me.

Yep I remember it almost second by second. There was quite some time in between that play and the run before it where Beast Mode was stopped. I yelled "Run it again," The guy to my right a friend of a friend I guess (he seemed to know his football from talking to him throughout the evening and he had a Largent jersey) said something like we only have 1 time out left. I was like "so what run it again" before he rebuttal the play happened. I jumped in the air.. it got picked my face was in my hands when I landed.

Place went dead silent, some dude scream "WHY," most of the chicks screamed "OMG" and had the OMG look on their face. I'm still in this head in my hand pose from someone came over and gave me a shoulder rub message and was like it's okay man.

I got up told the host hey I need a go outside for a minute. And yea went outside bang my head on the wall a few times. Came back in everyone was leaving, I stayed longer just sitting there.. reading through NeoGAF for a good hour. Was pretty numb, and mad/sad etc....

Left about maybe an hour after the game ended. Got on the freeway and it was bumper to bumper with just cops sirens/lights on every I don't know 100-300 ft on the side? Probably didn't get home for another good hour just sitting in traffic reading through group messages.

I never saw the "supposed" fight between Bennet/Irvin or Pats final kneel down. I was outside the second that guy landed with the pick.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yep I remember it almost second by second. There was quite some time in between that play and the run before it where Beast Mode was stopped. I yelled "Run it again," The guy to my right a friend of a friend I guess (he seemed to know his football from talking to him throughout the evening and he had a Largent jersey) said something like we only have 1 time out left. I was like "so what run it again" before he rebuttal the play happened. I jumped in the air.. it got picked my face was in my hands when I landed.

Place went dead silent, some dude scream "WHY," most of the chicks screamed "OMG" and had the OMG look on their face. I'm still in this head in my hand pose from someone came over and gave me a shoulder rub message and was like it's okay man.

I got up told the host hey I need a go outside for a minute. And yea went outside bang my head on the wall a few times. Came back in everyone was leaving, I stayed longer just sitting there.. reading through NeoGAF for a good hour. Was pretty numb, and mad/sad etc....

Left about maybe an hour after the game ended. Got on the freeway and it was bumper to bumper with just cops sirens/lights on every I don't know 100-300 ft on the side? Probably didn't get home for another good hour just sitting in traffic reading through group messages.

I never saw the "supposed" fight between Bennet/Irvin or Pats final kneel down. I was outside the second that guy landed with the pick.

I feel you brother.

Not on the same level but a few years back when the Leafs blew that third period and lost in game 7 I was so close to calling in sick to work the next day. I was worried I was gonna snap on someone in the office who would have sauntered over with a "ohhh we were so close!" and try to pretend as if they've always been a fan when really they started watching after they won in game 2.

I remember after the game turning off the radio and just driving in silence back home. I just couldn't even stomach even hearing someone talk about it let alone recap it.

I also remember finally checking GAF and seeing in 2 or 3 threads people wondering if I was okay which I admit did make my chuckle.

To this day I still change the channel/turn off the TV they even show a second of that collapse. I'm still not ready to watch any of that third period again. :(

squicken

Fucking Browns. Leave Sam Bradford alone!

http://www.chatsports.com/cleveland...ng-Johnny-Manziel-And-Sam-Bradford-10-27-1775

According to a source very close to an agent involved in the trade talks, the Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles have engaged in multiple discussions to send Browns QB Johnny Manziel, who is currently in rehab, and draft picks, to the Eagles in exchange for Eagles QB Sam Bradford, who was recently acquired via trade from the St. Louis Rams.

According to our source, both sides are very motivated to get a deal done, with each side valuing the other’s QB more than the QB currently on their rosters.

There are two major sticking points that are holding up a deal being reached:

1. Sam Bradford becomes an unrestricted free agent after the 2015 season, and the Browns are looking for Bradford to sign a 4 year contract as part of the deal, something Bradford as been reluctant to do. The main reason for Bradford’s resistance to signing with the Browns is the dollar figures thrown out (half the annual salary he makes currently – $12.9MM) and uncertainty of the Browns organization, from coaching staff to ownership to potential teammates.

2. The Eagles want Manziel AND a 1st round pick in the 2015 NFL Draft. The Browns hold two 1st round picks (#12 and #19), but have not been willing to give up a 1st rounder to get the deal done. The Browns started negotiations by offering their 3rd round pick along with Manziel, and recently budged to include their 2nd round pick (#43 overall) but are not willing to go into the 1st round unless the Eagles offer more in return than just Bradford.

Our source went further and said that the Eagles are also hell-bent on moving up into the top 2-4 picks in the NFL Draft to select Marcus Mariota (who played under Eagles coach Chip Kelly at Oregon) and need the Browns 1st round pick to be a part of the deal so they can then use it as part of a deal to move into the top 4.

Eagles coach Chip Kelly covets Manziel’s skills and ability to pass the ball on the move, while potentially providing an enviable QB competition with Mariota if the Eagles can maneuver well enough to have both young QB’s on the roster.

Fucking Browns. Leave Sam Bradford alone!

that just seems really weird on a lot of levels. my immediate questions:

1. why do the browns want an injury prone player who is slightly above average on his BEST day? what is bradfords record when he is healthy?

2. why do the eagles want john F AND mariotta? why would you want two youngsters? i get sanchize as a backup vet and then one of these guys to come in

3. how do the eagles have enough firepower to move up into the 2-4 range EVEN with 2 first rounders? last i checked, the redskins had to give up 3 first rounders and a 2nd to move up like 3 spots for RG3. i suppose mariotta isn't the prospect that RG3 was but still... doesn't make sense that a team like the raiders would drop from #4 all the way to #19 and #21

squicken

Have you squickened to the Eagles? I thought the Browns were one of your teams because of JF8. Dammit, I can't keep track of your teams anymore!

Neither can I! I can't get interested in the draft b/c I don't know who I am cheering for next year.

But I don't like the Browns option at all. They destroy all things they touch except Joe Thomas, who would probably be like Anthony Munoz on any other team

But JFF and SB are still my boys. But it seems like Bradford has a better chance of a career resurrection than JFF, even with the knee issues

e:

FMT How can someone who watched Alex flounder with all those shit coaches and WRs not understand why judging a QB by wins and losses is silly?

MRSA

Banned
doesn't make sense that a team like the raiders would drop from #4 all the way to #19 and #21

You see the Raiders would take #19 and #21 and their second round pick (Wait do the Iggles have a 2nd in 2015?). You could pick up a OT and probably Jaelen Strong or Todd Gurley.

RBH

I feel you brother.

Not on the same level but a few years back when the Leafs blew that third period and lost in game 7 I was so close to calling in sick to work the next day. I was worried I was gonna snap on someone in the office who would have sauntered over with a "ohhh we were so close!" and try to pretend as if they've always been a fan when really they started watching after they won in game 2.

I remember after the game turning off the radio and just driving in silence back home. I just couldn't even stomach even hearing someone talk about it let alone recap it.

I also remember finally checking GAF and seeing in 2 or 3 threads people wondering if I was okay which I admit did make my chuckle.

To this day I still change the channel/turn off the TV they even show a second of that collapse. I'm still not ready to watch any of that third period again. :(
Hey Kave Man, check out this cool Phil Kessel video that I found today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Tc5D0jY3Y

:)

Grexeno

I imagine it would have been more crushing for Hawks fans if they hadn't literally just won the Super Bowl the previous year.

I'm glad we've never lost a Super Bowl. You all are ruthless.

I dig it, though.

I'd be over the way the Panthers lost the Bowl by now had we actually won (or even played in) another one.

We're still a young franchise, so we haven't really been around long enough to have a narrative written on us.

We could very well end up winning multiple chips in the future and taking our place among the great franchises in the league.

Or we could become the Browns and be doomed to sadness and failure for all eternity, never to win a chip or experience anything resembling happiness.

The uncertainty kills me!

Top Bottom