• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

It hurts that the dolphins are included in that...but i can't disagree either. Also today is

#NationalDolphinDay
11084708_657246481074357_822340237_n.jpg

bionic77

A house. I mean, filing the title with the city is a known cost, but I mean the lawyers fees for preparing the new title. Should have phrased that better. Wells Fargo screwed up on our initial mortgage and didn't include my wife on the title at closing. Then we refinanced and I told them no less than three times to put her on the title during the refi process, and they showed up at closing without her on the title. Now I have to get a new title that includes her.

And all this is for her peace of mind and I wouldn't spend the money, personally. I contacted one lawyer and he said it's a $1000 flat fee.
That sound like too much (keep in mind I have only bought 2 properties and don't do this kind of work).

Call around and get a better price from other attorney.

There are million of lawyers and unless you live in bumfuck Nebraska you should easily be able to find a few dozen who do this kind of a work for a living that are nearby. I would imagine someone is going to ask you for $500 bucks and have their paralegal do all the work.

And if you live in a place like bumfuck that is unable to attract more than 1 attorney than you should forget about the name on the title and just move.

xnipx

A house. I mean, filing the title with the city is a known cost, but I mean the lawyers fees for preparing the new title. Should have phrased that better. Wells Fargo screwed up on our initial mortgage and didn't include my wife on the title at closing. Then we refinanced and I told them no less than three times to put her on the title during the refi process, and they showed up at closing without her on the title. Now I have to get a new title that includes her.

And all this is for her peace of mind and I wouldn't spend the money, personally. I contacted one lawyer and he said it's a $1000 flat fee.

Your loan officer should eat the cost. But why wasn't it corrected at closing? It's an easy fix.

That sound like too much (keep in mind I have only bought 2 properties and don't do this kind of work).

Call around and get a better price from other attorney.

There are million of lawyers and unless you live in bumfuck Nebraska you should easily be able to find a few dozen who do this kind of a work for a living that are nearby. I would imagine someone is going to ask you for $500 bucks and have their paralegal do all the work.

And if you live in a place like bumfuck that is unable to attract more than 1 attorney than you should forget about the name on the title and just move.

Haha nah I live in Philly. I just wanted a ballpark as to what you thought was legit cause $1k sounded a bit high to me. $500 seems more reasonable. I only have to work for ~1 day to come up with that, not the ~2 days it would take me to come up with $1k.

Your loan officer should eat the cost. But why wasn't it corrected at closing? It's an easy fix.

Cause they dicked around forever and the rate lock was going to expire in like three days and they couldn't have fixed it in time. I was paying $400/month more on the mortgage pre-refi and I gambled thinking the new title would only cost ~$500-1000 and it was better than having them dick around for another two months and me paying the old rate during that period.

Glad we signed Pouncey, guess we are signing Tannehill before the start of the year as well. Bowman seems like an ok pick up for depth at least doubt he pulls a Grimes and becomes a solid starter.

effzee

Best option I can imagine for the Eagles would be to trade down from 20 to say 25-27, still get Byron Jones (CB), pick up an extra 2nd round pick and then use the two 2nd round picks to get Eric FIsher (G), Rowe (S), or best WR available.

Get any combo of those 3 players and combined with the off-season so far and Chip's belief that Stafford is the guy, I'd say the Eagles will have both dramatically changed and improved the roster.

Best option I can imagine for the Eagles would be to trade down from 20 to say 25-27, still get Byron Jones (CB), pick up an extra 2nd round pick and then use the two 2nd round picks to get Eric FIsher (G), Rowe (S), or best WR available.

Get any combo of those 3 players and combined with the off-season so far and Chip's belief that Stafford is the guy, I'd say the Eagles will have both dramatically changed and improved the roster.

Fatford is not the guy. Bradford is the guy.

Kas finally got to you, didn't he?

So Raiders WRs are going to be

1a. Crabtree
1b. Streater
James Jones in the slot

Brice Butler and Andre Holmes will fill in as needed, I'm assuming a late round WR or undrafted rookie will be the 6th WR.

Streater is better than Crabs imo. It's more likely one of them moves to the slot in 3 wr sets, (Streater played like 60% of his snaps there in 2013) Jones never lines up there, he's always played outside, even in GB.

Still think they draft a WR on day 2 and possibly another on day 3.

xnipx

Haha nah I live in Philly. I just wanted a ballpark as to what you thought was legit cause $1k sounded a bit high to me. $500 seems more reasonable. I only have to work for ~1 day to come up with that, not the ~2 days it would take me to come up with $1k.

Cause they dicked around forever and the rate lock was going to expire in like three days and they couldn't have fixed it in time. I was paying $400/month more on the mortgage pre-refi and I gambled thinking the new title would only cost ~$500-1000 and it was better than having them dick around for another two months and me paying the old rate during that period.

That's why big banks suck when it comes to mortgages. Go with a local lender that focuses on lending and those types of problems rarely occur. Adding your wife to the deed shouldn't cost more than a few hundred bucks and you don't need a title lawyer to do it the local municipality should be able to handle it for you. I've had clients literally add someone to title the day of closing and we got it done with no problems.

Fox318

Nobody in NYC wants to hear fucking mike and mike talk college sports or national stories.

Nobody gives a fucking shit about that here and nobody wants to hear ESPN push their Boston voices on our airwaves.

And every time they try and trout out Smith he quickly disparages women and then is fired or relocated.

Lupica is ok but all he talks about is Boston College.

Draxal

Nobody in NYC wants to hear fucking mike and mike talk college sports or national stories.

Nobody gives a fucking shit about that here and nobody wants to hear ESPN push their Boston voices on our airwaves.

And every time they try and trout out Smith he quickly disparages women and then is fired or relocated.

None of those rubes have a convention.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/a...audience-with-the-sports-pope-at-francesacon/

Is Philip Rivers worth the no. 2 pick? He's already 33 and is just a good, but not elite QB. Plus he only has one year left on his deal so you'd have to re-sign him. I feel like the Chargers would have to give up more.

Depends on how many Years Rivers has left, if he gives you 3-4, I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

That's why big banks suck when it comes to mortgages. Go with a local lender that focuses on lending and those types of problems rarely occur. Adding your wife to the deed shouldn't cost more than a few hundred bucks and you don't need a title lawyer to do it the local municipality should be able to handle it for you. I've had clients literally add someone to title the day of closing and we got it done with no problems.

Thanks, I'll look in to this. The local municipality is Philadelphia though, and I am pretty sure there are a total of two brain cells working for the entire city government.

effzee

Eh sports radio is largely the same. As a Philly sports fan living in NYC I find myself listening to more and more 98.7 because they cover more of the national stories. Of course WFAN dominates...its all localized nyc sports discussion.

I love the Michael Kay show. Can't stand Fatcesa.

Fuck I keep confusing the two!

I think it wouldn't be terrible if he traded back as in your scenario, but I think if he did get a high or mid high second round pick it may be worth taking a shot at Hundley with it, then take the best WR available with their regular pick, then see what is left in terms of offensive line in later rounds.

Draxal

Eh sports radio is largely the same. As a Philly sports fan living in NYC I find myself listening to more and more 98.7 because they cover more of the national stories. Of course WFAN dominates...its all localized nyc sports discussion.

I love the Michael Kay show. Can't stand Fatcesa.

Francesa is the best because he's a walking caricature, sort of like Peter King (but actually funny). But listening to him interview people and well not letting his interviewees actually answer the question is amazing to me.

zychi

Banned
I watch a lot of twitch streams lately. with gta v's release on pc, i am amazed at how stupid most of the twitch streamers who make money actually are. there is a minimap that tells you exactly where to drive. none of these dudes have been able to beat the first mission without going the wrong way.

lucky fucks make 10k-40k a month and are terrible at video games.

Hindl

I'd love this but I just can't see it happening. I'd take Jones and a tradeup to get Fisher in Round 2 tho, seems a little more likely

MechDX

Adam Schefter of ESPN says the Browns are intrigued by the idea of giving up this year’s two 1st round picks (12 and 19) and next year’s #1 pick to move up into the Top 5 to take Marcus Mariota. Cleveland’s two QBs right now are Josh McCown and Manziel.

Schefter on Mike & Mike this morning.

Top Bottom