• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Idk how interested the Browns are in giving 3 1s. I don't personally think it would take that much personally if it did happen. Do doubt we have interest but we'll see how far that interest goes.
This isn't a surprise ethier, I've said since the end of the season we should proceed as of manziel can't be counted on. The first off season thread I said there would be interest in mariota.

Now do I think it'll happen? As of now no.
Depends how far he slides
Edit: pretty much what ez said

MechDX

I'm kinda curious what would'e become of Mariota if Chip wasn't in the league hyping him up. Maybe he'd meet or expectations with a team then, but how can he live up to this now?

Jayson Braddock on Twitter stated that if Mariotta entered the draft last year he has inside people in Houston saying he would have been the #1 overall pick .

John Paul getting a new start in Houston :")

Houston and Dallas would be the worst places for Manziel to go to. For someone coming out of rehab the pressure from media and fans would be unbearable.

Striker

Is Philip Rivers worth the no. 2 pick? He's already 33 and is just a good, but not elite QB. Plus he only has one year left on his deal so you'd have to re-sign him. I feel like the Chargers would have to give up more.
There's a few variables that makes me think it's a good move for Tennessee. No, they're most likely not going to be SB contenders if they acquire Rivers, but that division is not very good right now and they can at the very least contend for the division or at least a wildcard spot. Rivers is still a very good player. Not super talented at WR, though.

I'd say a trade offer would be #2 for Rivers, Chargers 1st (17), their 2nd, and probably a pick next year. Maybe less since Rivers is included. Look what bums like Bradford, AJ Feeley, Matt Cassel, Kevin Kolb, etc. received.

Schefter on Mike & Mike this morning.
Oh, Browns.

Hindl

Jayson Braddock on Twitter stated that if Mariotta entered the draft last year he has inside people in Houston saying he would have been the #1 overall pick.

Oh damn wasn't expecting that. Damn I'm really curious to see where he ends up, though I hope the Chargers get him over the Browns with the way they kil QBs

Mariota has a lot of the qualities that teams want,

Size
Smarts
Pocket presence
Mobility
Decision making
Good arm
Character

Winston has better arm talent and accuracy down the field and good anticipation but his decision making is terrible on and off the field.

manfestival

please stop talking about mariotta

ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

winston will take us to the promised land, it is settled. Now you can relax

Size
Smarts
Pocket presence
Mobility
Decision making
Good arm
Character

Winston has better arm talent and accuracy down the field and good anticipation but his decision making is terrible on and off the field.
Winston has inconsistent decision making on the field but I wouldn't call it terrible across the board. He actually has a very good football mind and learns quickly so I think it's something that could be corrected with time and coaching.

Draxal

Today, we wanted to provide some more information regarding the next patch for Bloodborne.

As we confirmed previously, the 1.03 update seeks to reduce certain load times in addition to performance optimisations. The patch also resolves an issue that resulted in abnormal game behavior after many continuous hours of play. Additional fixes will be included as well.

The team is currently working towards a global release of the 1.03 patch before the end of the month. We will try to provide more specific timing as soon as we are able.

We’re continuing to monitor popular communities and forums for feedback, in addition to the comments below, so please share any other issues or questions you may have.

Please note, online play will need to be disabled for a short period of time to facilitate server-side updates. In this case, and in the case of any future server maintenance downtime, it has been determined that starting at 9am GMT on a non-Friday weeknight will disrupt the fewest players globally. We will target this time for any necessary future server maintenance downtime, which will only last a couple hours in each instance

Hurry up already.

cdyhybrid

Mariota has fumbling issues. I originally thought it wouldn't be as big a deal in the pros since he wouldn't be running as much, but the last few seasons have kinda killed that idea.

Draxal

Size
Smarts
Pocket presence
Mobility
Decision making
Good arm
Character

I think Winston has better pocket presence, the Oregon fumble was horrific, but it doesn't discount his past performances.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
On Jameis Winston: Potential #Jets visit may not happen. Winston wasn’t able to do it when NYJ proposed, sides having trouble finding a time

Unemployed person can't make the time to do an interview with an interested employer?

Pretty sure he just doesn't want to play there, Jack.

As for Winston's decision making, he went 40TD/10INT his freshman year. I think his "poor" decision making last year was the result of him trying to go for homeruns every play to compensate for a less talented team around him. Every expert who's been in the room with him lauds his football mind. We saw him have Mooch speechless with his work on the whiteboard.

Draxal

Ironically, Winston outplayed Mariota in that game.

Mariota wasn't great against tOSU as well.

On Jameis Winston: Potential #Jets visit may not happen. Winston wasn’t able to do it when NYJ proposed, sides having trouble finding a time

Unemployed person can't make the time to do an interview with an interested employer?

As for Winston's decision making, he went 40TD/10INT his freshman year. I think his "poor" decision making last year was the result of him trying to go for homeruns every play to compensate for a less talented team around him. Every expert who's been in the room with him lauds his football mind. We saw him have Mooch speechless with his work on the whiteboard.

Winston's team lost so much talent from the offense from frosh to soph year.

Real talk, bros. I watched Winston's first game against Pittsburgh back in 2013. I had never heard of the kid. He went 25/27 for 356 and 4 TD's and he was making all of the throws, not just dinking and dunking Tom Brady style. At that moment I had a feeling that the kid was going to be something special.

Maybe he'll ruin his potential by being an idiot but I'm inclined to think otherwise. My gut says he'll be a great player for years to come.

Bookmark this post to laugh at me a few years from now when he pulls a JaMarcus.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

So if he couldn't make smart decisions with less talent in the NCAA, how's he going to succeed in the NFL with the worst team in the league?

Jarnet87

Size
Smarts
Pocket presence
Mobility
Decision making
Good arm
Character

Sounds like every QB prospect coming into the draft.

Chances are both of these guys don't pan out and its just another terrible qb class, but if any of these QBs can make it at the next next level for me It's Winston.

So if he couldn't make smart decisions with less talent in the NCAA, how's he going to succeed in the NFL with the worst team in the league?
It's not like he had an abysmal year, he led an average team to an undefeated season before losing in the CFB playoff.

Bucs have Evans and V. Jackson at least.

Whoever drafts him is not going to put nearly the load on him initially as he got in college.

Literally every game for FSU rode on Winston's arm. The Bucs (nor would they for Mariota) aren't going to put him in that situation as a rookie.

And let's be real, the Bucs have Vincent Jackson, Mike Evans, and Austin-Sefarian Jenkins. They aren't hurting for offensive talent.

Fox318

please stop talking about mariotta

ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

winston will take us to the promised land, it is settled. Now you can relax

iUz1T7sEg1eB9.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's not like he had an abysmal year, he led an average team to an undefeated season before losing in the CFB playoff.

Bucs have Evans and V. Jackson at least.

Whoever drafts him is not going to put nearly the load on him initially as he got in college.

Literally every game for FSU rode on Winston's arm. The Bucs (nor would they for Mariota) aren't going to put him in that situation as a rookie.

And let's be real, the Bucs have Vincent Jackson, Mike Evans, and Austin-Sefarian Jenkins. They aren't hurting for offensive talent.

I think Winston is better than Mariotta for sure just so we're all clear.

I'm just not sure if I even see him surpassing a guy like Cam Newton in ability. I think Winston could have benefited from another year in college but only an idiot would risk injury so I understand why he's in the draft this year. He needs a lot of work and I'm just skeptical that he'll be able to overcome all that.

I think Winston is better than Mariotta for sure just so we're all clear.

I'm just not sure if I even see him surpassing a guy like Cam Newton in ability. I think Winston could have benefited from another year in college but only an idiot would risk injury so I understand why he's in the draft this year. He needs a lot of work and I'm just skeptical that he'll be able to overcome all that.
He's not really similar to Cam at all in terms of playing style. He's not nearly as athletic or mobile but he has better pocket presence and he's a much better passer. I think he's the most NFL ready QB prospect since Luck. No one is going to come in without some areas in their game that need work, you know?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He's not really similar to Cam at all in terms of playing style. He's not nearly as athletic or mobile but he has better pocket presence and he's a much better passer. I think he's the most NFL ready QB prospect since Luck. No one is going to come in without some areas in their game that need work, you know?

I wasn't making a one to one comparison (racist.)

I was basically thinking in Madden terms of their "OVR" score haha. If Cam Newton is an 85 or whatever then I don't see Winston doing better than that. Another way of saying that might be that I feel like Cam Newton was a much better prospect coming into the league than Winston.

MechDX

mech going forward would you rather have Mallett, Winston, or Mariota?

Mallett has the strongest arm of the 3 and already know the system. Not like he has a lot of wear and tear on him from prior years.

Give him a full off season here and see what he can do. Funny enough both Mallet's and Hoyers contracts are set up that they can both be cut next year with no cap hit

I wasn't making a one to one comparison (racist.)

I was basically thinking in Madden terms of their "OVR" score haha. If Cam Newton is an 85 or whatever then I don't see Winston doing better than that. Another way of saying that might be that I feel like Cam Newton was a much better prospect coming into the league than Winston.
Cam is a better athlete but I think Winston could develop into a better QB. Lots of speculation at this point in the process, obviously.

As far as comparisons I always saw him as a Big Ben type guy, maybe with a little Eli thrown in.

Mallett has the strongest arm of the 3 and already know the system. Not like he has a lot of wear and tear on him from prior years.
This post is amazing.

MechDX

I'm just amazed that you actually answered Bread's question in a way that attempted to suggest Mallett was worth mentioning alongside Winston and Mariota.

Mallett is a career backup.

Why is that? Because he could not beat out Brady?

Please show me evidence of this. Serious question

Why is that? Because he could not beat out Brady?

Please show me evidence of this. Serious question
You sound like me talking about Tyrod Taylor. Just because he couldn't beat out Flacco doesn't mean he isn't a stud! Now that he's with Buffalo you'll see! You'll allllllllllllll see!

Let's get to the real questions here, who do you take between Mallett, Winston, and Brock Osweiler?

MechDX

You sound like me talking about Tyrod Taylor. Just because he couldn't beat out Flacco doesn't mean he isn't a stud! Now that he's with Buffalo you'll see! You'll allllllllllllll see!

Let's get to the real questions here, who do you take between Mallett, Winston, and Brock Osweiler?

Answer my question: what makes him a career back up?

Hoyer I can understand if you make that comment.

Top Bottom