• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Heres a new sportscar that just got unveiled today.

My dad ordered a new car last month.

0O5ETLJ.jpg

I really hope this is a typo but someone at work typed "passanger" instead of "passenger". The worst part is it propagated down into like three different levels in our external API.

Konka

Banned
I've never seen so many people who have no idea how credit cards really work then here on GAF. It explains so much about my generation.

I've never seen so many people who have no idea how credit cards really work than here on GAF. It explains so much about my generation.

Dude why do you think the millennial generation is fucked? It's not because of their pathetic narrative that "mom and dad and everyone said I should take out massive loans for school." It's because they make financial decisions without spending more than two seconds considering them. I took one look at student loan repayment and noped the fuck out of it and went to a super cheap state school.

I've been meaning to get a credit card for a while, to build up my credit rating and bit of added protection for online purchases, just haven't been arsed to get round to it :(

The biggest problem I have is that my credit limit is not high enough to actually use to pay all of my monthly bills because I never called and asked them to raise the limit. It's annoying as shit. The other annoying as shit thing is my work won't do direct deposit and I have three paychecks just sitting on a table at home that I should take to the bank.

cajunator

Banned
I have two currently. One is an emergency card with 1K limit that I rarely use and one is a 5K limit card that I usually put less than $500/month on but I pay it off every month.
Its nice to have a line of credit and a good credit history. I was able to get a 0% interest car loan for a brand new car because of excellent credit history.
Seriously, credit cards are not some bogeyman they are very useful if you arent a fucking moron who misuses them.

brentech

The biggest problem I have is that my credit limit is not high enough to actually use to pay all of my monthly bills because I never called and asked them to raise the limit. It's annoying as shit. The other annoying as shit thing is my work won't do direct deposit and I have three paychecks just sitting on a table at home that I should take to the bank.

Deposit from phone is wonderful

Konka

Banned
smgdh. and yall think Im out of touch with reality.
At least I can function in society.

It's ridiculous.

Dude why do you think the millennial generation is fucked? It's not because of their pathetic narrative that "mom and dad and everyone said I should take out massive loans for school." It's because they make financial decisions without spending more than two seconds considering them. I took one look at student loan repayment and noped the fuck out of it and went to a super cheap state school.

Yeah. I mean I took out loans to get my masters and move to Ireland but I only did that because I had no undergrad loans and when the hell else will I get a loan to move to another country?

It explains so much about GAF.

People proud of being chumps and not knowing how to use a credit card or how it could benefit them. It's absurd.

Mindlog

It's pretty nice to get cash back just for paying your bills.

Time for disrespect.
Lc2XtcM.jpg

GT30w2s.png

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I use that Capital One 1.5% rewards card and couple it with Mr. Rebates or Fat Wallet when booking hotels and stuff for work.

The rewards card alone is pretty sweet. Credit cards are awesome if used properly.

jakncoke

Banned
The last time a Kentucky St player was drafted was 2001,

Carey Scott by the Vikebikes with the 189th pick overeall in the 6th round

Konka

Banned
I use that Capital One 1.5% rewards card and couple it with Mr. Rebates or Fat Wallet when booking hotels and stuff for work.

The rewards card alone is pretty sweet. Credit cards are awesome if used properly.

Yeah. You should look into a discover it card. Rotating 5% back is glorious.

ampere

Where on Earth do you work that won't do direct deposit??

ampere

A small as shit software company. We actually had it when I started working here, but they stopped outsourcing payroll and do it internally now, and they don't want to pay the bank to do direct deposit.

Interesting. My office is tiny, but my company is quite large so we do have that perk of outsourced payroll dealing with all that.

I guess it's not terrible if you have a bank on the way on your commute. The grocery near the gym actually has a Suntrust attached so I can easily stop there after work. Only time I get checks is when my roommate pays me for his portion of rent.

Interesting. My office is tiny, but my company is quite large so we do have that perk of outsourced payroll dealing with all that.

I guess it's not terrible if you have a bank on the way on your commute. The grocery near the gym actually has a Suntrust attached so I can easily stop there after work. Only time I get checks is when my roommate pays me for his portion of rent.

Well I live in the city so parking at a bank is an absolute nightmare. It's easier just to walk, but I can't do it during working hours really, and by the time I get home banks are closed. The only time I could realistically do it would be before noon on Saturday. Fuck banks and their bullshit hours.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Well I live in the city so parking at a bank is an absolute nightmare. It's easier just to walk, but I can't do it during working hours really, and by the time I get home banks are closed. The only time I could realistically do it would be before noon on Saturday. Fuck banks and their bullshit hours.

Get a better bank. One that lets you deposit checks via smartphone app.

Top Bottom