• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

ZgQxYZH.jpg

Gronk Gronk

knicks

Bradford's salary is only that high cause of where he was picked and due to the last cba. Even then he only has a year left. If he really is the guy they will get him to sign an extension which will reduce his contact considerably on an annual basis.

I assume the Eagles are going to wait until after the draft to do so on the off chance they do somehow land Mariota.

Sanchez is making decent back up money but then again he is a really good back up to have. He stepped in and played just as well as Foles.

Tebow's reported #s are all incentive based and dependent on him even being on the final 53. He might just have been picked up to see what he can do while Bradford still recovers.

I understand why Sam Bradford is getting paid that amount of money. That part is regardless. The only part that matters is that the Eagles are agreeing to pay that $13 million even if it is only for a year. He sucks. They could have probably landed Mariota if they didn't trade away their best players for a bunch of scrubs. I can't imagine one of the top picks not interested in trading their pick for Foles and McCoy.

Gigglepoo

I understand why Sam Bradford is getting paid that amount of money. That part is regardless. The only part that matters is that the Eagles are agreeing to pay that $13 million even if it is only for a year. He sucks. They could have probably landed Mariota if they didn't trade away their best players for a bunch of scrubs. I can't imagine one of the top picks not interested in trading their pick for Foles and McCoy.

I agree until that last line. Do you really think Tennessee would trade the second pick for McCoy and Foles? I sure wouldn't.

Gigglepoo

Well draft picks would more than likely have to be included if that trade ever had a chance. Mccoy/Foles/1st/3rd does titans say no?

Eh, I'd rather give Zach Mettenberger another go than Foles (and Whisenhunt loves strong-armed QBs), and even though McCoy is good, I wouldn't gamble on a RB, especially one coming off a mediocre year. So then it's just picks for picks and, well, that's not enough for #2.

You cant imagine teams not wanting to give up a top pick for a RB signed to a 1 year deal for more then $10m, and a QB that has never won a playoff game and has been average at best outside of 1 year. I am sure Chip would have been very happy to take the 2nd pick in the draft for those 2. Teams just dont value RBs as highly anymore, and the Eagles had to include extra picks to even get the Rams to do Foles for Bradford. No way would the Titans have done that deal.

I think it's probably ridiculous to think that Chip didn't float those sorts of ideas past teams with high picks. He probably got shot down.

Malalaw

It is a glorious day. Blessed be upon Tebow.

#PraiseEaglesPraise

If only the Saints had signed Tebow. All would have been right in the world.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I feel like we've got some religious factions with Tebow developing here.

Some posters feel that Tebow blessed the Patriots and enabled them to win a fourth Super Bowl.

Other posters feel that Tebow tried to bring the light to the Patriots but they rejected him.

Obviously the former are heretics and should be put to the sword!

JABEE

I feel like we've got some religious factions with Tebow developing here.

Some posters feel that Tebow blessed the Patriots and enabled them to win a fourth Super Bowl.

Other posters feel that Tebow tried to bring the light to the Patriots but they rejected him.

Obviously the former are heretics and should be put to the sword!

Don't you dare say such a thing on this holy day.

You once placed yourself among those that followed the Patriot Way. I will never forget!

BigAT

As long as one person believes it (usually a degenerate like JNA or jak) I'll keep doing it.

Like twenty people believed it yesterday (and even going into this morning). I didn't want to ruin the fun and point it out, but it was absurd how many people bought it.

Top Bottom