• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Fox318

Why would you? It's me, Fox who is a Bills fan now, and that guy with the triforce avatar who hates them more than you do. Darkside's alright I guess.

Yes I've become a bills fan.

Because if I was going to switch fandom I should do it with a team that has an even worse record with qbs than the jets.

Yes I've become a bills fan.

Because if I was going to switch fandom I should do it with a team that has an even worse record with qbs than the jets.

If you're going to pick teams based on qbs might as well go all the way and become a browns fan, even the titans have a better record with qbs

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
CgANTHF.jpg

bionic77

I got the R2 from there.

Also have a Soundwave masterpiece. In fact a GAF bro got me the transformer.

I am married but I am convinced that most girls would not be able to keep their panties on for long after seeing both of them in the same room. Maybe ugly sluts have the willpower to resist, but hot girls that don't think of biting your dick off when you are sleeping? No chance.

gutshot

This has to be one of the dumber mock draft trades I have seen, although I would love if it happened.

Another mock draft scenario has emerged as a possible way Mariota ends up in Philadelphia.

It's a three-way trade involving the Titans, Chargers and Eagles. The latest scenario has the Eagles sending Sam Bradford, their first round pick (No. 20) and the Titans' second round (No. 33) pick to the Chargers.

The Chargers send Phillip Rivers to Tennessee along with the Eagles' third round pick.

The Eagles of course would end up with the No. 2 pick and what appears to be a clear shot at Marcus Mariota in the upcoming draft.

There is little debate the Titans have a high interest in obtaining Phillip Rivers along with Chip hoping to bring Marcus Mariota aboard. It simply makes too much sense for both sides. The Chargers have had no success getting Rivers to agree to a new deal so they seem to be willing to move him prior to the start of his final season and getting what value they can in return.

effzee

You're delusional. Sam Bradford isn't 'lightyears' ahread of Nick Foles. What the fuck are you even saying? Aren't Murray and McCoy both signed to 5 year/$40 million contracts?

The impact of a WR in todays game is far more significant than a CB, especially when comparing a WR who has over 1,300 yards to a CB whose name isn't Darelle Revis or Richard Sherman.

Chip is getting rightfully so critiqued. The Tebow news is just the nail in the coffin.

McCoy's reworked deal is the same as Murray's deal with the Eagles. The deal McCoy had with the Eagles carried a huge cap hit.

Impact of WR is well understood by the Eagles. Our secondary was burned by Beckham, Dez, and Desean routinely.

I'd rather spend money and resources on improving the secondary even if it means losing out on Maclin in a bidding war. This year's draft is also loaded once again at WR. If they can pick up another WR this year like Jordan Mathews last draft then they have 2 starters right there.

I understand why Sam Bradford is getting paid that amount of money. That part is regardless. The only part that matters is that the Eagles are agreeing to pay that $13 million even if it is only for a year. He sucks. They could have probably landed Mariota if they didn't trade away their best players for a bunch of scrubs. I can't imagine one of the top picks not interested in trading their pick for Foles and McCoy.

You seem to be assuming a lot or missing information.

There is no doubt in anyone's mind that Chip is/was interested in Mariota. He probably explored every option available and either has an ace up his sleeve OR far more likely realized to get Mariota they would have to give up way too much (most of this year's and next 2 year's drafts).

Back up plan is to go with Bradford. People are down on him cause he can't stay healthy but the talent is there. Up to Chip bring it out. He probably knows he can do it if he can get Foles to play above his level and Sanchez to look just as decent.

Plus post draft, Bradford if he is the clear #1, will most likely get a redone deal with an extension that lowers his cap #. Even if he doesn't the Eagles are no way near cap hell and have managed to be in amazing cap shape for the past 15 years. If Chip believes in this deal who cares about the cap?

And you keep mentioning scrub players. Who? Most of these guys, besides Tebow, the Eagles have picked up are big time talent with injury problems.

effzee

Why would the Chargers want Bradford? Silly situation.

They probably don't want him more than Rivers. But they also might not be sold on Mariota. So instead of losing Rivers after next season, they can trade him for Bradford essentially (granted Bradford restructures and extends) and still have a QB. They also avoid having to turn their offense into something Mariota might thrive in.

Random Draft stuff: Pompei - more things I know
Dan Pompei ‏ @ danpompei 8m 8 minutes ago
Coming your way: more things I know, things I can make an educated guess about, and things I suspect about the upcoming draft.

Dan Pompei ‏ @ danpompei 3m 3 minutes ago
1. The more teams get to know Jameis Winston, the more comfortable they are with him.

Dan Pompei ‏ @ danpompei 3m 3 minutes ago
2. Those who don't have a need/chance at Jameis remain the most skeptical.

Dan Pompei ‏ @ danpompei 2m 2 minutes ago
3. The dropoff after top 2 QBs might be a sign of things to come. Scouts tell me there isn’t much QB depth in the pipeline for coming drafts

4. One veteran front office man told me this is the best WR group he’s ever seen. And this is the second straight year he’s thought that.

Dan Pompei ‏ @ danpompei now 11 seconds ago
5. Lot of buzz on Breshad Perriman, but it’s going to take guts to take him in 1st. Scouts say he didn't play as well as he worked out.

Dan Pompei ‏ @ danpompei now 9 seconds ago
6. I don't think many teams have a feel-good about Dorial Green-Beckham. Recommend this @ larsanderson71 story on him. http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/DGB/

7. Chances are good that Brandon Scherff is drafted to play guard. Scouts say he’s the new Zack Martin. They like him at G more than OT.

Dan Pompei ‏ @ danpompei 1m 1 minute ago
8. The offensive tackle class may not as good as advertised. Scouts I’ve spoken with don’t see an elite OT.

Dan Pompei ‏ @ danpompei 1m 1 minute ago
9. It’s possible Cameron Erving will be drafted as a center ahead of any of the true offensive tackles.

Dan Pompei ‏ @ danpompei 16s 17 seconds ago
10. Randy Gregory’s failed marijuana test not the only issue. Heard he recently weighed below 230 on a team visit.

Dan Pompei ‏ @ danpompei 20s 21 seconds ago
11. As for the rumor that the Titans are passing on Mariota and trading for Jay Cutler… Let’s be real

Dan Pompei ‏ @ danpompei 26s 26 seconds ago
12. I think the Bears are less predictable in this draft than they’ve been in a long time because new GM Ryan Pace is an unknown.

Top Bottom