• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

RBH

Dan Pompei ‏ @ danpompei 16s 17 seconds ago
10. Randy Gregory’s failed marijuana test not the only issue. Heard he recently weighed below 230 on a team visit.
Too many strikes against him for my tastes.

MechDX

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...-to-Watt/644ee71f-d8bf-45af-86d1-37e77242f2dd

“He’s a guy who’s had a lot of success in the league and he is extremely good at what he does,” J.J. Watt said Monday. “I’m really excited about that. It’s going to be great for our young guys to have that veteran leadership. Obviously, I’m looking forward to playing on the line with him because he is very good at what he does and he commands respect from every team.”

For Wilfork, the feeling is mutual.

“Everybody loves to win, so hopefully we can do a lot of that now especially now that I’m here,” Wilfork said Monday. “It will be fun times, it will definitely be fun.”

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2015/04/20/watt-feeling-ahead-of-schedule/

Watt was asked about his 61-inch vertical box jump from last week.

“That was the first time I hit (that height),” Watt said. “That’s why I was so dang excited when I did it. I missed it quite a few times before I hit it. I’ve never hit that height before. I’ve never even hit 60 before. 59.5 was my previous best.”

The reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year thought it was a good sign of things to come.

“I normally hit my highs at the end of July, like the second part of the offseason,” Watt said. “So to hit it this early in the offseason’s exciting for me.

jj-watt-touchdown-dance.gif

vince-wilfork-dancing-while-barbequing-on-memorial-day.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Alex Boone: 'Clinically insane' Jim Harbaugh 'wore out welcome'

Now that Jim Harbaugh is no longer with the San Francisco 49ers, offensive lineman Alex Boone has dramatically changed his tune about his former coach.

"I think he just pushed guys too far," Boone told HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" for an episode that will air Tuesday. "He wanted too much, demanded too much, expected too much. You know, 'We gotta go out and do this. We gotta go out and do this. We gotta go out and do this.' And you'd be like, 'This guy might be clinically insane. He's crazy.'"

Said Harbaugh, when asked by HBO whether he has a problem working with others: "It must be true. Because I'd wear out my welcome. People just don't want to be around you for a while."

In September, when reports were swirling about Harbaugh's future with the team, Boone was one of his more staunch, vocal defenders. Harbaugh was introduced as coach of the Michigan Wolverines -- his alma mater -- on Dec. 30.

"I know for a fact that everybody loves Harbaugh," Boone told 95.7 The Game in September. "He's a great guy. How can you not want to win for a guy that wears cleats during the game? Come on now. Have you not seen that guy's energy? He's excited 24-7. You've got to love to play for a guy like that. That's what football is all about."

But now? Boone, who played for Big Ten rival Ohio State, has flipped on his former coach.

"He does a great job of giving you that spark, that initial boom," Boone told HBO. "But after a while, you just want to kick his ass. ... He just keeps pushing you, and you're like, 'Dude, we got over the mountain. Stop. Let go.' He kind of wore out his welcome."

It's not that Boone doesn't think Harbaugh will be successful at Michigan. That's not the case at all, as Boone told HBO he has no doubt that Harbaugh is at the right place.

"I think he's a better college coach than he would be as an NFL coach," Boone told HBO. "It's different for college kids than pro players. I don't think college kids can say, 'Hey, Jim, you're pissing me off today.'"

The 51-year-old Harbaugh played quarterback for four teams during a 14-year NFL career before retiring after the 2000 season to become a coach. He got his first head-coaching job at the University of San Diego in 2004, left for Stanford in 2007 and then jumped to the NFL with the 49ers in 2011.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...welcome-san-francisco-49ers-clinically-insane

jimharbaugh.jpg

Dan Pompei ‏ @ danpompei 1m 1 minute ago
8. The offensive tackle class may not as good as advertised. Scouts I’ve spoken with don’t see an elite OT.

Alright, Malcolm Brown/Eddie Goldman/maybe Melvin Gordon if neither available it is?

... Fuck... we're going to take Green-Beckham, aren't we ...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Alright, Malcolm Brown/Eddie Goldman/maybe Melvin Gordon if neither available it is?

... Fuck... we're going to take Green-Beckham, aren't we ...

Thanksgiving 2015 Detroit Lions vs. Philadelphia Eagles

Yes we are playing the Eagles at home this season

Joe Buck: "Boy I'll tell ya partner this offense sure is reminiscent of the 1999 St. Louis Rams isn't it?"

*Camera pans to Matthew Stafford calling a play in the huddle with Goldent Tate III and Melvin Gordon on his left and right listening intently as the play is called*

Troy Aikman: "It sure does, and you have to give credit to the coaching staff and the team the front office has put together"

*Camera pans out to show the Lions out of shotgun midfield with Eric Ebron audibiling from Tight End into slot*

Joe Buck: "3rd and 6 on the 50 yard line, Lions up 34-11, Travis Swanson snaps it to Mattew Stafford, Stafford drops back...nowhere to throw to...dumps it off to Gordon....Gordon shakes one tackler...Gordon shakes another....and he's gone. Touchdown Lions. Lions up 40-7".

*Camera pans to Ford Field as Lions fans erupt in cheers*

Troy Aikman: "What a play by Gordon, the athleticism combined with the speed...reminds me of a young Emmitt Smith"

B4mBz2JCcAA93BD.jpg

cdyhybrid

Sounds like you guys drank too much Smirnoff Ice and were hungover in the morning. Maybe you should cut back and stick with appletinis or something.

cajunator

Banned
I will always stay skeptical of people who get up early voluntarily.

They can't be quite right in the head.

I used to get up at 3 am to go watch hot air balloons taking off.
also getting up in the summer at 5 am to go fishing is normal.
when we go on vacations I usually get up extremely early as well.
i feel like miserable failure if im not working but I get up past 7 am.

Milchjon

Sounds like you guys drank too much Smirnoff Ice and were hungover in the morning. Maybe you should cut back and stick with appletinis or something.

I recently wanted to check out Smirnoff Ice again because it feels like I haven't had one in like ten years, and they fucking gimped it. Shit has like 3% ABV these days over here. Used to be like twice that, I think.

Good times.

Top Bottom