• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

ampere

Who gives a shit about whether he took some crab legs or not?
Why is this an issue?

Shows he is kind of stupid with how he handled it.

Bigger deal is obviously the sexual assault, but Harbaugh probably wasn't supposed to ask about that or something? Big Ben v2 this fool is.

cajunator

Banned
Its not about the 32$ in merchandise, but about the character of a guy we are going to make the face of our franchise :-/

in all likelihood the crab legs were given to him as some sort of under the table incentive and he lied to protect himself/his team against some bullshit NCAA rules.
If thats the worst dirt they have on him then it shouldnt be much problem.

Konka

Banned
Who gives a shit about whether he took some crab legs or not?
Why is this an issue?

It's not about the crab legs anymore. It's about how stupid he has looked in trying to explain it away. Just own up to it and say you took come crab legs and nobody would really care.

effzee

in all likelihood the crab legs were given to him as some sort of under the table incentive and he lied to protect himself/his team against some bullshit NCAA rules.

There is also the matter of sexual assault

Hammer24

Banned

Publix has officially stated, that this version of the events is untrue, and that they have store surveillance video supporting their claims.

Yeah, and don´t even get me started on the rape allegations... :-/

Hammer24

Banned
Ok I didnt know that aspect.

Martin Fennelly, Bucs beat writer:

"Chance Bucs coach Lovie Smith and GM Jason Licht have already seen “The Hunting Ground,” the documentary on college sexual assault that includes Winston’s accuser (2 percent). I want this number to be higher. I mean, I’m sure someone connected with the Bucs saw the film. I know I saw it at the Tampa Theater, where one of the songs played on the famed house Wurlizter before the movie was “Thank Heaven for Little Girls.” It still makes me cringe."

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
he only post here and the nba playoff thread.

graphics-flashing-light-245546.gif

FORT IS COMPROMISED

I'm 95% sure that without looking that it was the NBA thread then since they're in playoff mode.

Milchjon

Donté Stallworth ‏@DonteStallworth
Up prepping Patriots players for questions to ask Obama today about drones, PATRIOT ACT, Yemen, etc. Let's see if any of them follow through

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
McShay: "Gurley is one ofmthe top 5 players in this draft."

Where was this 2 weeks ago?

gutshot

The reason the CLE deal won't ever work is he won't sign an extension there. That could probably be the hangup right now; waiting on Condon/Bradford to agree to an extension with whoever is trying to trade for him

Yeah, I don't think he will end up in Cleveland. I think that is why the more recent rumblings have been about a Chargers/Titan/Eagles trade. Cleveland seems to be out of the Bradford sweepstakes.

Link? I might have missed this. What did he say?

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...es-adam-schefter-2015-ducks-quarterback-trade

Schefter: "Count me in the camp that does consider (trading for Mariota) and option and a possibility. And I was not in that camp a month ago but I've come over to that side."

Hammer24

Banned
When I hear all those trade rumors, and how all the teams seem intent on trading with the Titans to get Mariota - weren´t the Bucs dumb not to prop up the possibility of them taking him themselves, if only to entertain valuable offers for their pick?

gutshot

More Mariota rumors from Tony Pauline of Draft Insider:

A little more on the Browns. Earlier today on the Bull and Fox Show I revealed additional news on Cleveland wanting to trade up and select Marcus Mariota or possibly trading back with a team who wants to jump up and grab the signal caller. The premise being if trading up for Mariota was too rich for Cleveland’s blood they would be part of a three team trade in which another franchise would use the Browns initial pick as a stepping stone to move up for Mariota. I speculated the team in question is the San Diego Chargers with Philip Rivers being part of the trade. When asked if the Philadelphia Eagles would be interested in something similar I stated a move like that would surprise me. Here’s the audio. In conversations later in the day I found out on Monday evening Mike Florio wrote a piece stating the Eagles are in fact one team looking to work with the Browns in the hopes of trading up for Mariota. The article which can be found here.

After my interview with Bull and Fox I made further inquiries and can confirm both the Chargers and Eagles are exploring the possibility of maneuvering up for Mariota through the Browns and both teams have had conversations on the topic. This of course is contingent on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers not selecting Mariota with the first pick, which is a greater possibility than many presently predict, as well as the Titans passing on the Heisman Trophy winner. A league source told me if the Titans are ready to deal the pick then the Browns hold the most powerful position in the draft and the ability to dictate whether they or another team make the move for Mariota.

BigAT

Yeah, I don't think he will end up in Cleveland. I think that is why the more recent rumblings have been about a Chargers/Titan/Eagles trade. Cleveland seems to be out of the Bradford sweepstakes.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...es-adam-schefter-2015-ducks-quarterback-trade

Referring to the opportunity of having Sam Bradford as your starting quarterback as a "sweepstakes" seems real generous. It's like saying someone won the sweepstakes in The Lottery.

Go look it up, it's a good reference you illiterate dogs.

ampere

When I hear all those trade rumors, and how all the teams seem intent on trading with the Titans to get Mariota - weren´t the Bucs dumb not to prop up the possibility of them taking him themselves, if only to entertain valuable offers for their pick?

You do know who the owner, coach and GM for the Bucs are, right?

There's a reason the team isn't good.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Referring to the opportunity of having Sam Bradford as your starting quarterback as a "sweepstakes" seems real generous. It's like saying someone won the sweepstakes in The Lottery.

Go look it up, it's a good reference you illiterate dogs.

Way to drop 9th grade knowledge bro.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I have a feeling any trade for Mariota is going to be a colossal backfire.

Can I just say that Roger Goodell is a sick, twisted, corrupt fuck?

He suspends Hardy for 10 games and the very game he's eligible to come back, he plays the Panthers on national TV?

Coincidence? Bullshit

Wynnebeck

Banned
Guys is it tacky to wear jerseys out and about not during the season? Wan to rock my Rodgers jersey today, but I think people might see me as lame.

bionic77

Guys is it tacky to wear jerseys out and about not during the season? Wan to rock my Rodgers jersey today, but I think people might see me as lame.
If you are older than 18 it is probably lame.

A Rodgers jersey is lame even if you are a 10 year old kid.

Fashion and common sense dictate that for adults jerseys should only be worn at a football game or on Sunday while watching a game. The only exception to this rule are for zubaz and starter jackets from the 90s. These are appropriate clothing for any occasion. You could wear that shit to a wedding.

Wynnebeck

Banned
If you are older than 18 it is probably lame.

A Rodgers jersey is lame even if you are a 10 year old kid.

Fashion and common sense dictate that for adults jerseys should only be worn at a football game or on Sunday while watching a game. The only exception to this rule are for zubaz and starter jackets from the 90s. These are appropriate clothing for any occasion. You could wear that shit to a wedding.

lol Jersey is off and back in the closet. Thanks.

Striker

LZ saying on the radio that Shane Ray is hurt and will have to start the year on PUP. Won't go in the first round, let alone top 10
I thought he was sort of dropping to begin with, but there was a possibility that a team like Chicago or the NY Jets taking him, especially with Gregory being a major dumbass.

BigAT

I thought he was sort of dropping to begin with, but there was a possibility that a team like Chicago or the NY Jets taking him, especially with Gregory being a major dumbass.

I wonder if this actually helps Gregory. Teams that are desperate for a pass rusher might be more willing to take a chance on him earlier if Ray isn't there as an alternative.

Top Bottom