• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

ampere

Tom Brady visited the White House three times with a white man in office, but flakes as soon as it's a black guy. Coincidence?

Wow. Fuck Tom Brady #DisrespectThursday

OK not really, but that is super lame of him!

Figures, she's a filthy, racist, communist, whiny cheat

Why you gotta call him a girl like being a girl is a bad thing, bra. Chris you are being a jerk I hope you know this!

Wow. Fuck Tom Brady #DisrespectThursday

OK not really, but that is super lame of him!

Why you gotta call him a girl like being a girl is a bad thing, bra. Chris you are being a jerk I hope you know this!

But she has a vagina? What else would I call her?

#NotdisrespectThursday
#truth
#fuckthepats

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
eAhk0q7.gif

Fox318

Once again fuck you guys.

Changing gears.

It appears that the hatred between black people and baseball is 100% mutual. No wonder eznark loves that game so much...

Chris Rock talking about black people and baseball

Baseball is the most multicultural sport on the planet.

Problem with baseball is that it is as much an art as it is a sport. You can take the strongest, fastest, biggest dude and put him against MLB pitching and he will be lucky to get a single hit.

And you need to go through the minors and American players regardless of race are put at a disadvantage because they have to go through the draft. The camps that they set up in the DR and eventually Cuba are going to develop young cheap talent the way
soccer teams in Europe do.

The NFL, NBA and even the NHL all have college to act as their farm league where as the college game is so different for baseball they always need to transition. There are so few players that make the jump from High School to the pros in baseball.

I don't think the decline of Black American baseball players has an easy answer to blame other than the Rise of popularity of the NFL.

Konka

Banned
You're not even America why would you care.

I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
I know my kingdom awaits and they’ve forgiven my mistakes
I’m coming home, I’m coming home
Tell the World that I’m coming

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
I know my kingdom awaits and they’ve forgiven my mistakes
I’m coming home, I’m coming home
Tell the World that I’m coming

Where exactly is home?

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN 21s21 seconds ago
Nat Berhe: “Coach Spags, I can talk to him. I don’t know if I could say that about the last coordinator.”

It's shit on Perry Fewell day at Giants HQ.

Honestly, everything I've read about Fewell has been quite the opposite in terms of his openness with players, etc.

Eh. Probably DC or NYC. Looking at a number of positions mostly in those cities.

Come to Philly duder. It's cheaper to live in than NYC, and much more interesting than DC. Have you been to DC? Shit is boring as fuck. No nightlife to speak of. It's a ghost town after 6:00pm. When's the last time you were even here?

“It’s not every day that you have a transaction that is universally hated by everyone outside of Philadelphia,” where Comcast is based.
This comcast-time warner deal and the eagles sure have a lot in common.

Konka

Banned
Come to Philly duder. It's cheaper to live in than NYC, and much more interesting than DC. Have you been to DC? Shit is boring as fuck. No nightlife to speak of. It's a ghost town after 6:00pm. When's the last time you were even here?

I'm looking at Philly too but there aren't nearly as many jobs in my field. I'm definitely keeping an eye on it though.

I haven't been to Philly in a while. My parents live in central PA. About an hour north of Harrisburg. My dad is from Philly.

I'm looking at Philly too but there aren't nearly as many jobs in my field. I'm definitely keeping an eye on it though.

I haven't been to Philly in a while. My parents live in central PA. About an hour north of Harrisburg. My dad is from Philly.

What field? Finance?

If you haven't been here in years you probably won't recognize the city at all. Shit has changed incredibly in the last 5-10 years.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Isn't Phily up there with Chicago in terms of lack of job opportunities? Zero percent job growth in an era where unemployment is falling?

Isn't Phily up there with Chicago in terms of lack of job opportunities? Zero percent job growth in an era where unemployment is falling?

Not really. Employment numbers aren't rising as fast as other places, but the key aspect to that is that Philadelphia didn't fall nearly as hard as other cities during the recession, so it's balanced out a bit. Unemployment is high, but not higher than pre-recession. But the big thing with those numbers is that if you don't look strictly at figures for the city limits and include the metro area it's a much different story. Lots of jobs in the ring suburbs, but not a ton in the city itself.

Foreign and public policy.

You looking to work at a non-profit? Government?

Konka

Banned
Not really. Employment numbers aren't rising as fast as other places, but the key aspect to that is that Philadelphia didn't fall nearly as hard as other cities during the recession, so it's balanced out a bit. Unemployment is high, but not higher than pre-recession. But the big thing with those numbers is that if you don't look strictly at figures for the city limits and include the metro area it's a much different story. Lots of jobs in the ring suburbs, but not a ton in the city itself.

You looking to work at a non-profit? Government?

Yeah. Right now I'm looking mostly at positions with think tanks, lobbying firms and consulting firms.

zychi

Banned
FCC is killing the comacast time warner merger. I'd make a thread if I could!
Good. I dont mean to bring politics in here, i dont like any of the potential candidates, but if hilary wins and continues obama's idea of free internet, ill be happy for selfish reasons. I dont even own a cable subscription. My roommates and i split a 50mb down for $40/mo. Thats all we need. They cheat and use their parents cable info, but i rarely use it(just for hbogo and amc shows). I pay for sunday ticket mobile to ise through my pc via a friend with direct tv+ ota bears games + mlbtv. My buddy buys nhl gamecenter, and another buddy buys nba. We share all the info with each other besides the nfl.

Im happy "xfinity" isnt getting bigger.

E:wienke chicago and chicagoland area has job growth in certain areas. IT and finance are consistently hiring around here. Engineering is a rough spot tho

Yeah. Right now I'm looking mostly at positions with think tanks, lobbying firms and consulting firms.

http://www.philaculture.org/jobbank

That's probably the best resource for job searching in the non-profit sector in Philly. You have your Master's right? You could be a hot commodity if so.

Edit: my wife is telling me more, I'll update then.

More:
http://www.generocity.org/job-search/
http://www.philanthropynetwork.org/networking/opening_search.asp

Those are specifically Philadelphia based. You can check idealist and the Chronicles of Philanthropy for less focused stuff.

Draxal

Honestly, everything I've read about Fewell has been quite the opposite in terms of his openness with players, etc.

Yeah, players seemed to love Fewell. I'm still really happy with the Spags hire, his scheme matches the talents that Reese likes to draft the most.

Striker

Perry always seemed like a player's coach, which is fine, but when the cameras were on him, you hardly saw him closely talking to players, going over plays and so on. Instead he is chest bumping and saying "Keep your head up!". Guys like Deon Grant were huge for him. Whereas for Spags, you always see him kneeling down, going over plays (both positive and negative), talking to them, etc. That's not to say the defense will be extraordinarily better, but I can't fathom how it can any worse.

Top Bottom