• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Wes

venison crêpe
Report: Philip Rivers Would “Love” To Play For Titans http://t.co/kmJBo1KtFO
#NFL

Article also mentions Titans could just draft Mariota and trade him afterwards

The picking and then trading of Mariota afterwards was heavily discussed by Schefter and Kiper on a podcast earlier this week. I can see why it makes sense.

I hope the Browns don't try to trade up to get him. I don't mind being involved in a trade to help someone else get him if it means we get more picks, but I think he's too rich for us to grab.

The problem is winning the Super Bowl with simply average to above-average QB play requires not just a good defense but an historically great defense. I don't think the Eagles' defense is anywhere close to that.

Having a great QB doesnt guarantee anything either. Rodgers has won 2 playoffs games in the last 4 years, and one of those was against Joe Webb and the other was Romo. I would rather not trade away what we know is a great player, hoping that some rookie QB will turn out to be great. Let's give Bradford a shot in this offense, and hope that the smoothies keep him healthy, and see what he can do.

Having a great QB doesnt guarantee anything either. Rodgers has won 2 playoffs games in the last 4 years, and one of those was against Joe Webb and the other was Romo. I would rather not trade away what we know is a great player, hoping that some rookie QB will turn out to be great. Let's give Bradford a shot in this offense, and hope that the smoothies keep him healthy, and see what he can do.

Pretty much, I think Cox would be the one untouchable defensive player on the team in terms of trade for me. The only other untouchable would be maybe Jason Peters or someone on that level.

MechDX

Not ideal RT @MikeGarafolo: From me and @alexmarvez: Greg Hardy involved in verbal altercation with Cowboys teammate Davon Coleman today

Classy

gutshot

Rodgers has also won a Super Bowl. As has Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and Russell Wilson and Drew Brees. How many Super Bowls has JJ Watt won? Or DeMarcus Ware? Or Jared Allen? Having a great QB gives you a much, much better shot at winning a SB than having a great DE does. If Mariota is in that company, I would trade 2 or 3 Coxs to get him.

Spinluck

Rodgers has also won a Super Bowl. As has Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and Russell Wilson and Drew Brees. How many Super Bowls has JJ Watt won? Or DeMarcus Ware? Or Jared Allen? Having a great QB gives you a much, much better shot at winning a SB than having a great DE does. If Mariota is in that company, I would trade 2 or 3 Coxs to get him.

Yeah, Rivers and Romo are probably the only good QBs left that haven't won one yet. Bummer, for them.

ampere

Not ideal RT @MikeGarafolo: From me and @alexmarvez: Greg Hardy involved in verbal altercation with Cowboys teammate Davon Coleman today

Classy

Hardy gonna Hardy

Jerry should have known what he was buying when he signed him. Hell of an athlete, dogturd of a person.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah, Rivers and Romo are probably the only good QBs left that haven't won one yet. Bummer, for them.

image.php

One could also say the reason they won those superbowls could have been related to the fact that they didn't have to trade away their best players to get the QBs too.

effzee

One could also say the reason they won those superbowls could have been related to the fact that they didn't have to trade away their best players to get the QBs too.

Well unless we find a guy in the 6th round, have a QB fall to us at pick 20, or we have the #1 pick I don't know how else you get that guy.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'd much rather have a healthy Bradford than a healthy Mariota FWIW

Andrew Luck also has a million years of career left. He'll get there eventually.

The clock's running out on Phillipe and Antonio

Nothing is guaranteed! Although I don't see any of the guys younger than him being any better so he has a pretty open path to dominating the league or competing against old man Rodgers.

Farooq

Banned
Daily jank articles going through every possible permutation of picks and players the Eagles could use to trade up to the second pick is yet another argument for moving the draft back to its earlier date.

This gap between the Combine and the draft is killer.

I agree.

I think this season is going to be Romo's best shot. If he doesn't win it this year, it's over. The good news is Romo doesn't have to rehab anything this off-season (unlike the past two years), so he has time to break everything down and work his way up. He is always tinkering with his mechanics, trying stuff that works and forgetting stuff that doesn't. Really curious to see what he adds this year. Last year he changed his arm angle slightly (again), it definitely helped him with his accuracy.

gutshot

I'd much rather have a healthy Bradford than a healthy Mariota FWIW

Andrew Luck also has a million years of career left. He'll get there eventually.

Is Luck immortal or something? He's been around since the Civil War and still has a million years left on this Earth.

Top Bottom