• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
image.jpg

You are already dead.

bionic77

That's Jeter's girl. Hannah Davis.

Are you really admitting publicly that you watch Skip Bayless?
Who do you have less respect for: a person who watches ESPN (outside of live sports) regularly or someone who sports a confederate flag on their car or lawn?

ampere

I'll openly admit that I watch PTI when doing abs or stretching at the gym. Around the Horn can be entertaining too.

Prefer if a game is on, but usually aren't any at 5ish when I lift.

I'll openly admit that I watch PTI when doing abs or stretching at the gym. Around the Horn can be entertaining too.

Prefer if a game is on, but usually aren't any at 5ish when I lift.
Around the Horn is great to watch. I also like to watch Sportsnation top Jeers of the month

BigAT

Who do you have less respect for: a person who watches ESPN (outside of live sports) regularly or someone who sports a confederate flag on their car or lawn?

That's a tough one. I feel like at the end of the day it's basically the same level of ignorance, it's just that the people that refer to it as the "War of Northern Aggression" have much easier ways to blast their stupidity to the world than First Take watchers. There's no ESPN equivalent to draping the Confederate flag over that broken down car that's sitting in your front yard next to the mattress pile. There's just the occasional forum post where you embarrass yourself publicly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there would be a line of rubes waiting for "Can you believe what Skip just said?!" bumper stickers and t-shirts if they were available, but they aren't. It's just that racism has way better brand awareness than ESPN does.

Jameis Winston compared to draft bust JaMarcus Russell

At least two NFL personnel executives see bust potential in Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston, the presumptive top pick in next week's draft.

One thing to note: Both executives were quoted anonymously, meaning there were no names attached to their criticisms.

One of the executives brought up former Oakland quarterback JaMarcus Russell -- one of the biggest draft busts ever -- when discussing Winston with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

"Lack of focus by JaMarcus is what I see in Winston," one of the personnel men said. "They're physically talented, but during the course of a game they kind of lose their focus and just put the ball up for grabs.

"I see the body. I see the lack of focus. I see the same coach and system. Only Winston's not as good an athlete and his arm isn't as strong as JaMarcus'."

FSU coach Jimbo Fisher was Russell's offensive coordinator at LSU. In addition, first-round quarterbacks Christian Ponder and EJ Manuel were coached by Fisher at FSU, and neither has impressed in the NFL.

"We're looking at another guy (Winston) that's a product of the system and has tremendous athletes around him," the other personnel man said. "Oh, my goodness.

"Is this guy really going to be the first pick of the draft? You'd be drafting a quarterback that can't run, has off-field problems, has no power in his legs and makes bad decisions on the field. Somebody's going to make a horrible mistake."

Top Bottom