• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Jamarcus Russell is literally the laziest comparison for Jameis Winston you can make.

But speaking of black QBs, my soon to be college graduate/Super Bowl champion Cameron Jerrell Newton is hanging out with the kids today

CDXeXtAW8AEupEW.jpg:large

GTyW7Kx.png

Respect

Damn, declared biggest bust in history and he hasn't even been drafted yet!

He's old news...time to move on, everything needs to get accelerated now. Didn't Lebron's kid (who's in 8th grade I think) start getting college scholarships already? And on that note, why did Lebron lose the headband? I don't follow regular season NBA much, since over half the league makes the playoffs anyway...love the playoffs though.

JABEE

Except Rivers grew up and played high school ball about a 100 miles away from Nashville. Big on "family" and getting his kids close to home and away from the evils of LA
Wishful thinking

Actually, Bradford "would love to play for the Browns."

No way. I can't even say that with a straight face

gutshot

Here is your daily Eagles trade rumor:

How about quarterback Sam Bradford,defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, linebacker Mychal Kendricks and that 20th pick? Is that enough?

That trade, which would be with the Tennessee Titans, owners of the No. 2 overall pick, and may also include the Cleveland Browns — but could work without them — is what was being discussed and dissected in some team's meetings Thursday. All 32 NFL teams have convened with the start of the draft one week away.

One rumor, making its rounds in NFL personnel meetings, has the Eagles dealing Bradford to the Browns for the 19th overall pick. It's been widely reported that the Browns offered that 19th pick to the St. Louis Rams for Bradford before the Rams traded him to the Eagles for Nick Foles and a 2016 second-round pick. Despite reports that Bradford, in the final year of his contract, would not sign an extension with Cleveland, the Browns are said to still have interest.

The Eagles would then send picks Nos. 19 and 20, along with Cox and Kendricks to the Tennessee Titans for the No. 2 pick Philly would use to select Mariota.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/04/latest_eaglesmarcus_mariota_rumor_involves_fletche.html

BigAT

Hakeem Nicks is the Titans problem now:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Teams interested in WR Hakeem Nicks have been informed he'll be signing with the Titans.

Daily jank articles going through every possible permutation of picks and players the Eagles could use to trade up to the second pick is yet another argument for moving the draft back to its earlier date.

This gap between the Combine and the draft is killer.

Huh? No he's not. No one else in the NFL is JJ Watt calibur.

Not even close. He's good but let's not kid ourselves.

And even if he were, a franchise QB is way, way more important to a team's success than a 3-4 DE is. Case in point: Houston.

I think you guys seriously underrate Cox. He's an absolute beast at his position. He's the reason guys like Vinny Curry and Connor Barwin racked up a combined 24 or so sacks, because he destroys multiple linemen every snap. Even Barwin basically acknowledged this fact. He's in his second year playing in a 3-4 and escalated his game to an unbelievable level. He's maybe one of the most underrated players in the entire league.

gutshot

I think you guys seriously underrate Cox. He's an absolute beast at his position. He's the reason guys like Vinny Curry and Connor Barwin racked up a combined 24 or so sacks, because he destroys multiple linemen every snap. Even Barwin basically acknowledged this fact. He's in his second year playing in a 3-4 and escalated his game to an unbelievable level. He's maybe one of the most underrated players in the entire league.

Maybe so, but the question remains would you rather have a franchise QB or a stud 3-4 DE? Again, we already know what a team with no QB but a dominant d-end looks like. So assuming that Mariota becomes what Chip is convinced he can be, I would trade Cox for that every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Maybe so, but the question remains would you rather have a franchise QB or a stud 3-4 DE? Again, we already know what a team with no QB but a dominant d-end looks like. So assuming that Mariota becomes what Chip is convinced he can be, I would trade Cox for that every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

What I would rather have is a known top tier player and best player on the defense like Cox and trade other people. Cox is 24 and seemingly has a long and successful career ahead of him. Mariota may be a franchise QB, but he may also wash out. I don't think you give up one of the very best defensive players in the league on a chance on a QB when you have other viable trade pieces to use. If Cox is the only thing that gets the deal done I don't know that I'd go for it.

What I would rather have is a known top tier player and best player on the defense like Cox and trade other people. Cox is 24 and seemingly has a long and successful career ahead of him. Mariota may be a franchise QB, but he may also wash out. I don't think you give up one of the very best defensive players in the league on a chance on a QB when you have other viable trade pieces to use. If Cox is the only thing that gets the deal done I don't know that I'd go for it.

Give me Cox and Bradford for sure. Nick fucking Foles put up decent numbers in this system, lets seem what Bradford can do. They have done so much to improve the defense and running game, we might only need an above average QB at this point.

gutshot

Give me Cox and Bradford for sure. Nick fucking Foles put up decent numbers in this system, lets seem what Bradford can do. They have done so much to improve the defense and running game, we might only need an above average QB at this point.

The problem is winning the Super Bowl with simply average to above-average QB play requires not just a good defense but an historically great defense. I don't think the Eagles' defense is anywhere close to that.

Top Bottom