• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

that sounds awesome. ive never had foie gras. what does it taste like?

I've actually never had foie gras quite like this dish, it was really different. It was frozen and then shaved into a bowl with thai basil, peanut, and the chia seed/apple stuff.

DSC_4043.jpg

Foie gras in general is very buttery and creamy. It tastes like the richness of the cap of a rib eye steak or coulotte but slightly more distilled into a savory fatty essence, with a slight hint of liver. I don't care if they force feed the shit out of some geese to feed it to me, cause it's awesome. Tonight's presentation was really completely different than I'd had before though. It felt like the dish was a combination of french and vietnamese/thai cooking, truly remarkable. New American cuisine is the best.

Edit: Also, geez #disrespectThursday is over you guys.

Konka

Banned
i don't snitch. just want to keep that post alive so everyone can see how low konka can really be.

nah. we've lost enough nflgaffers. just want everyone to see what konka really is about.

Yeah, let's see what Konka is really about and how innocent and great Zychi is.

Konka is having a fun time at a bar and takes a pic he decides to share with the peps at NFL GAF. And here comes Zychi with the totally reasonable response.

good to see konka got another dishwashing job and they gave him a break.

Konka

Banned
don't self destruct konka. it's not worth it.

Super classy bro.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Finished eating two Jumbo Jacks, drinking Sprite after getting out of an AA meeting. All about that sobriety life brehs.

Lions will pick up the option on left tackle Riley Reiff

Lions General Manager Martin Mayhew told reporters today the team was picking up the fifth-year option on former first-round tackle Riley Reiff.

And they have some options on what to do with him as well.

“I think Riley Reiff’s a heck of a left tackle,” Mayhew said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “I feel very comfortable with him at left tackle or right tackle.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ick-up-the-option-on-left-tackle-riley-reiff/

In other Lions news we haven't begun discussons with Haloti Ngata but we have with DeAndre Levy.

The Lions picking up the option on Riley Reiff an offensive lineman but not Haloti Ngata a DT means we're probably going OT or DT with our first pick and that'll affect how we negotiate contracts going forward. I still think we shouldn't pass up on Melvin Gordon if he's available at #23 but still wouldn't mind the added depth at OL or DL if they're immediate impact players (easier said than done via the draft).

Konka

Banned
Finished eating two Jumbo Jacks, drinking Sprite after getting out of an AA meeting. All about that sobreity life brehs.

We live opposite lives. You eat $10 of fast food and go to AA, I eat $300 of fine cuisine and drink like a fish. I feel sad, even though you are a lions fan. Come to Philly and I will treat you to some mocktails bro.

Are you going to the Thanksgiving game? I actually want to make this road trip but I don't think I could.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
We live opposite lives. You eat $10 of fast food and go to AA, I eat $300 of fine cuisine and drink like a fish. I feel sad, even though you are a lions fan. Come to Philly and I will treat you to some mocktails bro.

Are you going to the Thanksgiving game? I actually want to make this road trip but I don't think I could.

I have to learn how to start cooking. This fast food diet isn't good but when you don't know how to cook I eat fast food or just make sandwiches. I'll learn one of these days. And if I come to Philly you know I'll be hitting up those Cheesesteak sandwiches.

I'm going to the Chargers game in San Diego for sure. Already have that marked on my calendar going to be buying tickets pretty soon. A cousin of mine has season tickets for the Lions so I may hit up one of the games at Ford Field if I get the chance.

Fucking Kas busting in here like the kool-aid man with Lions news has got me cracking up.

Just trying to inform NFLGAF of the impending Restoration of the Roar.

I have to learn how to start cooking. This fast food diet isn't good but when you don't know how to cook I eat fast food or just make sandwiches. I'll learn one of these days. And if I come to Philly you know I'll be hitting up those Cheesesteak sandwiches.

I'm going to the Chargers game in San Diego for sure. Already have that marked on my calendar going to be buying tickets pretty soon. A cousin of mine has season tickets for the Lions so I may hit up one of the games at Ford Field if I get the chance.

Just trying to inform NFLGAF of the impending Restoration of the Roar.

If you come to Philly I will treat you to the other sandwiches in Philadelphia that are better than Cheesesteaks. Tourists don't even know. The glory that is the roast pork sandwich can't be beat.

effzee

Say what you will about Marvel movies but the build up to The Avengers was handled brilliantly and they've repeated it with the build up to Ultron. Marvel is playing the long game.

Warner? A Superman movie of questionable quality, 1 movie build up to Justice League in a fan wank versus movie (complete with Dark Knight Returns Bat-Armor to really get that comic geek cred), a pieced together Suicide Squad movie with several characters that no one knows or gives a shit about outside of comic book geeks. Yeah no rushing to get at that Avengers gravy train at all.

Who cares how Marvel did it? I never understood this. There is no just one way to do comic book movies. The Nolan Batman movies are about as different from the Marvel movies as you can get and they without the heavy focus on action, cgi, and humor made over a billion. The comic book movies are just in. GOTG This amazing #s and that was a movie with characters no one has heard of.

Superman was questionable quality but every single lead up movie to Avengers was of equal, or worse, quality. How can they be credited for the payoff of the Avengers but MoS not be for what Batman v Superman might end up doing?

Besides I still contend that the reason Avengers did as well as it did was primarily because it was the first time all these characters all showed up together on the big screen. The lead up helped but you think people wouldn't go see Avengers? That it was well put together helped even more.

Batman V Superman, regardless of the quality, is going to do amazing. And if the measuring stick is just how much these corporations are going to make WB/DC seem to be doing just fine and will continue to do so.

The reason they were left behind is because while Nolan made his movies they couldn't move ahead with Justice League. At this point origin movies slowly building a tied in world would be extremely tedious, especially since most of these characters people know rather well, and would seem to copy the exact same formula. Let DC be a different. Their movies, up to now, seem to be a little darker which I personally prefer.

Overall this is what annoys the shit out of me. A lot of people, most maybe, only seem to compare directly over how much they make. Who the fuck cares? Personally the only Marvel movies I have really liked are IM1, Avengers, XMEN movies, and CA2. All the others have been mediocre to horrible. Haven't seen GOTG yet. And their quality or my enjoyment of them had nothing to do with how much they made. If DC/WB can make a great movie with all characters thrown in at once who cares if it isn't like Avengers or makes shit ton of money but maybe not as much as Avengers? Let's just hope its good. Suicide Squad seems interesting as hell and some casting I love. Hope that works too. The money/profit will take care of itself unless people really get sick of the blockbuster with superheroes which I just don't see happening anytime soon.

cajunator

Banned
I had a nice 11 course dinner by Peter Serpico (formerly of Momofuku Ko) tonight. It was quite delicious. Among the courses I had a warm mushroom salad, shaved foie gras with chia seeds marinated in apple puree and chopped peanuts, caviar and egg, scallops with brown butter, a clam crudo dish, a duck dish with marinated cabbage, lamb rib with ramps (this was the best) and a chocolate coffee granache. It was all very delicious but it's hard remembering all 11 courses. It is a little frustrating when you go out for a night on the town only expecting to have a modest $150 meal and end up spending twice that.

What did you plebs eat?

Popeyes. I win.

Likely.
what is the point of those tiny servings? Thats barely enough to even taste anything let alone enjoy it.
I dont understand the point of very expensive meals when they dont even satisfy.

Actually I was very satisfied at the time, it just didn't last very long, although I attribute that to the drunk munchies. But it was eleven courses of heaven. We only meant to have a normal average dinner but we just sort of said "fuck it, let's go balls to the wall" and got the chef's tasting menu. I don't regret it.

cajunator

Banned
Actually I was very satisfied at the time, it just didn't last very long, although I attribute that to the drunk munchies. But it was eleven courses of heaven. We only meant to have a normal average dinner but we just sort of said "fuck it, let's go balls to the wall" and got the chef's tasting menu. I don't regret it.

Why do they serve stuff in those tiny llates and basically give you shavings and two bites of food? What kind of shit is that?

Thanks to whoever got zychi and Konka to stop being boobs and shitting up the thread.

I mean, I don't expect much of the day to day discourse in here, but Jesus. Even this thread has limits

Thanks to whoever got zychi and Konka to stop being boobs and shitting up the thread.

I mean, I don't expect much of the day to day discourse in here, but Jesus. Even this thread has limits

This is what lord Tebow has done to us, or the anime....but i'm blaming it on Tebow!
Also is Konka perm dead? Since while he isn't a normal junior he did get juniored.

Top Bottom