• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Short is absolutely worse.

Bald can be badass. You just have to know when to let it go. Balding is not a good look. The second you start to lose noticeable amounts of hair is the time to make that decision: Rogaine or the razor.

ampere

The entire draft is going to be worth it to watch the world champion pats show every other "team" up with their 32nd pick. Gonna embarrass ya'll just like usual.

Anyone else pick up an Apple Watch? Of course ya'll didn't.

Did you get the gold one, Lunchbox?

TheFatOne

not actually bad

Pats are generally solid with first round picks. That's why I get annoyed when they trade down. Most of the time they will get at least a productive player in the first round. If they go heavy on the front 7 and offensive line in the draft I would be pretty happy about their off season. Of course I wish they still had Revis, but the defense can still be solid if they can get a couple of good young players in the draft. I'm high on Easley though. I think he's going to be great.

Got bored at work so was curious how the 2014 class did during the season.

1.) Jadaveon Clowney - Houston - DE - 4GP / No sacks
2.) Greg Robinson - ST. Louis - OT - started 12 games
3.) Blake Bortles - Jacksonville - QB - 14 Games Played - 2900 yards, 11 TD's, 17 INT, 69.5 QB Rating
4.) Sammy Watkins - Buffalo - WR - 16 Games Played - 65 Receptions, 982 Yards, 6 TD's
5.) Khalil Mack - Oakland - LB - 59 tackles, 17 combined, 4 sacks, 16 games played
6.) Jake Matthews - Atlanta - OT - 15 GP - injured
7.) Mike Evans - Tampa - WR - 15 Games Played, 1051 yards, 12 TD's, 68 Receptions
8.) Justin Gilbert - Cleveland - CB - 1 INT
9.) Anthony Barr - Minnesota - LB - 1TD, 3 fumble recoveries, 2 forced, 4 sacks
10.) Eric Ebron - Detroit - TE - 1TD, 25 rec. , 248 yards
11.) Taylor Lewan - Tennesee - OT - 6 games started
12.) Odell Beckham Jr. - New York Giants - WR - Pro Bowl / Rookie of the Year , 12 TD's, 1305 Yards, 91 rec.
13.) Aaron Donald - St. Louis - DT - 47 tackles, 9 sacks
14.) Kyle Fuller - Chicago - CB - 4 Interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, 47 tackles
15.) Ryan Shazier - Pittsburg - LB - 36 tackles, 1 forced fumble
16.) Zack Martin - Dallas - G(OL) - Pro Bowl, 16 GS
17.) CJ Mosley - Baltimore - LB - Pro Bowl, 133 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 int, 1 FF
18.) Calvin Pryor - New York Jets - FS - 60 tackles, 2 passes defended
19.) Ja'Wuan James - Miami - OT - 16 GS
20.) Brandon Cooks - New Orleans - WR - 53 rec., 550 yards, 3 TD's
21.) Ha Ha Clinton Dix - Green Bay - S - 1 sack, 3 INT
22.) Johnny Manziel - Cleveland - QB - 2 GS , 42.0 QB Rating, 0 TD's, 2 INT, 175 yards
23.) Dee Ford - Kansas City - DE - 1.5 sacks
24.) Cincinnati Bengals - Darqueze Dennard CB - 1 FF
25.) San Diego Chargers - Jason Verrett CB - 1 INT , 4 deflections
26.) Philadelphia Eagles - Marcus Smith LB - no production? 8 GS
27.) Arizona Cardinals - Deone Bucannon S - 2 sacks, 1 FF
28.) Carolina Panthers - Kelvin Benjamin WR - 1008 yards, 9 TD's, 73 REC.
29.) New England Patriots - Dominique Easley DT - IR, 1 sack
30.) San Francisco 49ers - Jimmie Ward S - 2 passes defended
31.) Denver Broncos - Bradley Roby - CB - 65 tackles, 2 INT, 2 FF, 13 passes deflected
32.) Minnesota Vikings - Teddy Bridgewater - QB - 64.4 Completion %, 14 TD, 12 INT, 2919 yards, 85.2 rating

3.) Blake Bortles - Jacksonville - QB - 14 Games Played - 2900 yards, 11 TD's, 17 INT, 69.5 QB Rating
4.) Sammy Watkins - Buffalo - WR - 16 Games Played - 65 Receptions, 982 Yards, 6 TD's
5.) Khalil Mack - Oakland - LB - 59 tackles, 17 combined, 4 sacks, 16 games played
7.) Mike Evans - Tampa - WR - 15 Games Played, 1051 yards, 12 TD's, 68 Receptions
12.) Odell Beckham Jr. - New York Giants - WR - Pro Bowl / Rookie of the Year , 12 TD's, 1305 Yards, 91 rec.
22.) Johnny Manziel - Cleveland - QB - 2 GS , 42.0 QB Rating, 0 TD's, 2 INT, 175 yards
31.) Denver Broncos - Bradley Roby - CB - 65 tackles, 2 INT, 2 FF, 13 passes deflected
32.) Minnesota Vikings - Teddy Bridgewater - QB - 64.4 Completion %, 14 TD, 12 INT, 2919 yards, 85.2 rating

Damn you Baltimore!! You ruined the whole thing!!

Jordan Plocher ‏@StarvingScout 12m12 minutes ago
A lot of talk from scouts and sources is basically teams talking up players they don't like and teams talking down players they do like.

Edit:
Ah the ol' Mech smokescreen.gif that happens this time of year.
Dammit! When you put it like this...... I might just edit this whole post out

Jarnet87

Has there ever been a draft pick selection that was hated as much as Ted Ginn? People lost their shit and then the Dolphins tried to hilariously justify it to their fans by saying he was a great return guy. Which was accurate!

to be fair most Dolphins fans and media wanted Brady Quinn.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Boo! On mobile and can't post the gif

smoke_zps112d5fe2.gif

I got ya

There is word swirling that Gregory has more demons than just the weed. Could plummet him to the second round.

This is awesome.

Jarnet87

I remember the 07 draft. We took Gaines Adams. Sad that he passed away so young but the dude was terrible. Lacking a pass rush since 02.

jakncoke

Banned
Jordan Plocher ‏@StarvingScout 12m12 minutes ago
A lot of talk from scouts and sources is basically teams talking up players they don't like and teams talking down players they do like.

Edit:

Dammit! When you put it like this...... I might just edit this whole post out

Isnt that every draft though

I'm so happy the Jags don't need a QB this year, because I don't trust anybody in the draft. I'm alright with Leonard Williams or Amari Cooper(who I think will be a star).

I would gladly take Cooper this year and with still a ton of cap space next year go after either JPP or Justin Houston.

Eleuin

Anyone going to watch the pff/collinsworth draft show today? Didn't know Chris bought the company, thats crazy. While I dont treat their grades as a means all ends all I think they're pretty useful.

jakncoke

Banned
Cincy first 3 rounds really could of been something special if it werent for David Pollock neck injurt, Odell Thurman and Chris Henry not being able to follow the law or stay sober.

Colasante

I'm starting to get more and more interested in Nelson Agholor as I continue to see him linked to the Patriots. He really does seem like an absolute perfect fit for the offense, able to play inside and outside seamlessly. I'd feel good about the offense with the passcatchers being Edelman, LaFell, Agholor, and Amendola, with the theoretical potential of Dobson, Boyce, and Tyms, along with Gronk, Scott Chandler, and Tim Wright.

I had thought it would be foolish to go with anything other than guard, cornerback, or defensive tackle at #32 (save for my Gurley fetish), but Agholor might be worth the reach.

I'm also interested in Shaq Thompson. I'd love it if he were there in the second. He'd make for a good upgrade on Pat Chung as linebacker/safety, and a linebacking corps of Mayo, Collins, Hightower, and Thompson would be insane.

Anyone going to watch the pff/collinsworth draft show today? Didn't know Chris bought the company, thats crazy. While I dont treat their grades as a means all ends all I think they're pretty useful.

Agreed, they're consistent and grade everyone on the same scale.

I'm starting to get more and more interested in Nelson Agholor as I continue to see him linked to the Patriots. He really does seem like an absolute perfect fit for the offense, able to play inside and outside seamlessly. I'd feel good about the offense with the passcatchers being Edelman, LaFell, Agholor, and Amendola, with the theoretical potential of Dobson, Boyce, and Tyms, along with Gronk, Scott Chandler, and Tim Wright.

I had thought it would be foolish to go with anything other than guard, cornerback, or defensive tackle at #32 (save for my Gurley fetish), but Agholor might be worth the reach.

I'm also interested in Shaq Thompson. I'd love it if he were there in the second. He'd make for a good upgrade on Pat Chung as linebacker/safety, and a linebacking corps of Mayo, Collins, Hightower, and Thompson would be insane.

I don't think Agholor would be a reach at all at 32, I'm personally hoping he falls to 35, but it's not looking likely.

I'm so happy the Jags don't need a QB this year, because I don't trust anybody in the draft. I'm alright with Leonard Williams or Amari Cooper(who I think will be a star).

Likewise, while Bortles might not be the answer (we will see how he does this year with a line protecting him) I wouldn't want any of the QB's from this year.

MechDX

Agreed, they're consistent and grade everyone on the same scale.

I don't think Agholor would be a reach at all at 32, I'm personally hoping he falls to 35, but it's not looking likely.

Keep seeing him mocked in the mid to late first round. Laughed at first when he was mocked to the Texans at 16. After reading some of his draft profiles he is O'Briens prototype in the slot.

I no longer would be shocked if they have him rated that high

*daps* this is dope, good job.

Ebron....smh

I would have been upset at the time if we had drafted OBJ but ultimately it would have worked out; OBJ could easily replace Megatron as our #1 receiver in a year or two, depending on how things go with the front office. Ebron though...it's too early to call him a bust but I hated the pick at the time and still hate it. TEs don't go in the first round unless you think the guy can be amazing. When I look at how Ebron struggles with catches - even the catches he makes - it's hard for me to buy him becoming anything more than a serviceable TE.

This is a big year for him. The OL should be better so he'll be focusing more on being a threat than a blocker. If he can't perform under those circumstances....

Jarnet87

I saw Shaq Thompson on a mock going to the Bucs in round 2. Read that he can play either linebacker or safety but that a lot of scouts question which position he will be more effective at. I personally don't like tweeners though in most cases that applies to d-end/linebacker guys. Bucs need help at both safety positions, and an inside and outside linebacker so I suppose a guy who can fill either role would be a solid pick.

I'm not nearly as big into college football these day, mainly just watch FSU play. Anyone watch alot of Thompson ?

I told cats OBJ was going to be a beast. If even (by everyone's mocks going into last year's draft) the Giants reached for him, I knew there was no way he was falling to the Panthers at 28. There were probably four or five teams before us that he wouldn't have gotten past after 12.

Still I'm happy that we got Benji. He cleans up the drops, sharpens his route-running, and learns to not give up on plays after finishing his primary route without the ball coming his way (this is so important with a scrambling QB) and he's going to be great in Carolina.

Thank god we didn't pick that big stiff dummy Kouandjio like I said in the mock.

cdyhybrid

I saw Shaq Thompson on a mock going to the Bucs in round 2. Read that he can play either linebacker or safety but that a lot of scouts question which position he will be more effective at. I personally don't like tweeners though in most cases that applies to d-end/linebacker guys. Bucs need help at both safety positions, and an inside and outside linebacker so I suppose a guy who can fill either role would be a solid pick.

I'm not nearly as big into college football these day, mainly just watch FSU play. Anyone watch alot of Thompson ?

Yeah.

He came out of HS as a S, was the #1 S in the country actually. Got moved to LB shortly after he got here. Played a little bit of RB this past season after a bunch of guys got hurt and was the best RB on the team. He's probably a bigger S in the league.

bionic77

Ok I used to feel bad for Cleveland fans but some of them are disgracing themselves over this JR Smith thing.

The dude punched another guy on the court. He should not play again this season. And (some) Cavs fans are trying to minimize it or blame it on the guy that got punched in the face.

Sorry Cleveland looks like you deserved it all along!

cdyhybrid

Ok I used to feel bad for Cleveland fans but some of them are disgracing themselves over this JR Smith thing.

The dude punched another guy on the court. He should not play again this season. And (some) Cavs fans are trying to minimize it or blame it on the guy that got punched in the face.

Yeah, Kelly Olynyk thing was kinda dirty but Perkins and Smith did worse.

Draxal

Insert Jr Smith song here.

Top Bottom