• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Fox318

If we draft a qb
post-20064-this-is-the-worst-gif-Imgur-mi-K6Vg.gif

if we trade down

if we draft a wr

if we draft

Jarnet87

Or he doesn't want to go to the Browns.

I'm pretty sure tons of QB evaluators in the league think Bradford can be a starter. His biggest issue has been health. He hasn't lit the world on fire with his play but by far biggest issue is health. Surround him with better talent and pray he stays healthy and you can have a decent starter. At least Foles level.

And we already know Browns wanted him originally from the Rams but Rams opted for a trade in which they got Foles in return. Browns also inquired about getting Bradford from the Eagles for the #19 pick.

these people shouldn't have jobs in the NFL. If I am the GM/Coach of the Browns I am realistically saying that we are less talented then the Rams, giving up a high pick for Bradford will end in disaster. The QB thirst does strange things to people and organizations.

effzee

these people shouldn't have jobs in the NFL. If I am the GM/Coach of the Browns I am realistically saying that we are less talented then the Rams, giving up a high pick for Bradford will end in disaster. The QB thirst does strange things to people and organizations.

Why not? Most all had him as the consensus #1 the year he came out and his biggest issue has been health. I'm not saying most people around the league think he is a top 5 QB, but a starter in this league? When you have guys like McCown, Cassell, Geno, Fitzpatrick, Mettenberg, and some others as starters?

Philly ESPN affiliate just had on another beat writer. Says Chargers interest in Mariota is only driven by Rivers and his camp. Chargers aren't really interested in moving him and are prepared to franchise him after this season.

Meaning they might not be real players to trade up. Additionally Titans are not only fielding calls but making calls which indicates they aren't ready to draft Mariota for themselves if they don't get a great trade. In that scenario if SD and or Philly don't offer up the farm, they will select Leonard Williams with the #2. Basically Chip would have to call them out on their bluff.

But if it works then Eagles might have to give up far less to move up to 3,4,5, or even 6. Plus these teams wouldn't care about Bradford not signing an extension since they aren't as QB hungry.

I'm really dying to see how the top 8 plays out tomorrow night. It's really tough to pin down an obvious target for the Giants right now without seeing how things shake out.

I maintain that the player I most want personally is Brandon Sherff but as mentioned yesterday a tackle like Peat would make sense. Collins would have been on that list minus yesterday's murder nonsense. Erek Flowers is another possibility but I think 9 is too high for him and why take a guy that projects as a guard if there's a better player on the board in Sherff?

Pass rushers are a possibility but I have a feeling we're going to see a run on those early on. Shane Ray's situation may drop him out of the top 10 which is another monkey wrench. I also have a feeling the top WR's will be off of the board (White and Cooper) by the time the Giants pick.

I'd have to imagine Trae Waynes would be in play at that point for the Giants if they stay put. It's not an obvious position of need but Prince is on the last year of his contract and DRC was a bit injury prone last year. They also lack an obvious third CB at the moment. Reese has used plenty of first rounders for CB's as well.

If a bunch of these guys are off the board I just prefer to trade back out and pick up more picks in the 2nd, etc.

I'll be happy to have proven all mock drafters wrong earlier in the month, when almost all of them had Perriman going borderline end 1st/start 2nd round, while I had him top 20 going to Browns. Get schooled by a random Belgian guy, pros.

Farooq

Banned
I'm really dying to see how the top 8 plays out tomorrow night. It's really tough to pin down an obvious target for the Giants right now without seeing how things shake out.

I maintain that the player I most want personally is Brandon Sherff but as mentioned yesterday a tackle like Peat would make sense. Collins would have been on that list minus yesterday's murder nonsense. Erek Flowers is another possibility but I think 9 is too high for him and why take a guy that projects as a guard if there's a better player on the board in Sherff?

Pass rushers are a possibility but I have a feeling we're going to see a run on those early on. Shane Ray's situation may drop him out of the top 10 which is another monkey wrench. I also have a feeling the top WR's will be off of the board (White and Cooper) by the time the Giants pick.

I'd have to imagine Trae Waynes would be in play at that point for the Giants if they stay put. It's not an obvious position of need but Prince is on the last year of his contract and DRC was a bit injury prone last year. They also lack an obvious third CB at the moment. Reese has used plenty of first rounders for CB's as well.

If a bunch of these guys are off the board I just prefer to trade back out and pick up more picks in the 2nd, etc.

Who do you think is a possible trade partner for the Giants?

Striker

Yeah, too far of a drop. Ask for a 3rd plus 2016's 2nd rd as well.

These draft trades lately are just so ridiculous. Remember the Bills moving up last year and gave away their first.

Something to keep in mind

John Clayton ‏@ClaytonESPN 2m2 minutes ago
The Titans said yesterday they had only 16 first-round grades. That means at No. 19 or No. 20, they would be taking a second-rounder.

Something to keep in mind

John Clayton ‏@ClaytonESPN 2m2 minutes ago
The Titans said yesterday they had only 16 first-round grades. That means at No. 19 or No. 20, they would be taking a second-rounder.
Huh? Doesn't that assume all 16 of their first-round grades go in the top 18? That seems like a crazy assumption.

That leaked trade likely came from Tenn, hoping to establish a baseline price. Chip will beat that price easily.

Chip has proven players to trade, which should be more appealing than draft picks in a draft they are considering weak. However, I just don't want to see Cox get traded. Pretty much anyone else an I am on board though.

MechDX

That leaked trade likely came from Tenn, hoping to establish a baseline price. Chip will beat that price easily.

Tacks want a 1st round pick within the top 15 included in a deal. Eagles don't have that, would have to do multiple deals.

Also, their is a tight end in this draft named Jesse James and he is from Penn State. Awesome.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, two mid 1sts for a the #2 is terrible.

It'd be hilarious if they threw in Manziel. I would love to play him twice a year.

MechDX

Paul KuharskyVerified account
‏@PaulKuharskyNFL #Titans source: #Browns have not made an offer for No. 2.

Motherfucking smoke screens everywhere! BG just needs to stay offline today.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm just here for the disrespect at this point.

BG knows what's up.

edit: BG following you to the OBR was well worth it man, my nerves are so much better this time of year.

Honestly, why would the Browns even want to move up? With the amount of gaping holes they have in their team, wouldn't it make more sense to try to make as many picks as possible?

I don't get the browns. They aren't even in a position where Luck could take them anywhere. Build a damn team first.

Top Bottom