• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Godslay

Banned
Really? Wow, CJ Spiller is Olympic speed, not Gurley. Good luck to him, hope he stays healthy.

Yeah, he said it and then they show a DB running him down. That's why I thought maybe in short bursts?

Granted I don't really watch college football anymore, so I wouldn't really know either way.

Kind of lost in all this is how do the Eagles sell their QBs to their fans when everyone knows that Chip offered the farm for MM. Might as well start the boos right now

It's not that hard a sell. His scheme brought out the best in average QBs like Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez, I'm a little excited at what he can do with Bradford.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Yeah, he said it and then they show a DB running him down. That's why I thought maybe in short bursts?

Granted I don't really watch college football anymore, so I wouldn't really know either way.

Even on film I never saw that burst of speed for Todd Gurley that running backs need in the NFL. That speed rarely comes along but Melvin Gordon has it. You can usually see it if you watch film of Trent Richardson or Darren McFadden compared to a Jahvid Best.

Godslay

Banned
Even on film I never saw that burst of speed for Todd Gurley that running backs need in the NFL. That speed rarely comes along but Melvin Gordon has it. You can usually see it if you watch film of Trent Richardson or Darren McFadden compared to a Jahvid Best.

I typically value vision over pure speed. More important to know where to run rather than how fast you get there. Granted you need the speed to get there, but point still stands. Now if you have good vision and good speed, that's even better!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Gordon is going to be a great running back in the NFL. Great pick by the Chargers but I honestly have no clue who the Lions are going to draft. La'el Collins would have been ideal but with his current issues outside of football I don't know if we take him.

Martin Mayhew "learned from the 2011 draft" on being more cautious with drafting players with characters issues. See Titus Young.

Malalaw

MaBxxUm.gif

Top Bottom