• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Godslay

Banned
BUTMxZ6.png

Dawn of FoxBall 3.0

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm going to eat dinner but I'm watching the draft. At this point my ideal draft would be for the Lions to trade down and draft Jaelen Strong (WR ASU)*. I do not want either Perriman (no hands) or DHB (no speed, hands and other issues).

Jaelen Strong though? Hell yes. 6'3, 217 lbs, 4.4 40 times, great hands, great body control and route running. He's always been one of my favorite WRs in the draft.

a1ff4bb0-678d-11e4-a62f-ed66940f0146_JalenStrong1.gif

*The above post does not reflect the opinions of LionsGAF,

MechDX

Ed Bouchette @EdBouchette
· 25m 25 minutes ago
Texans wanted a RB, but when San Diego moved ahead and took Gordon, Houston looked elsewhere. Steelers were hoping Johnson would last to 22

Whoa! We were going to take Gordon? At least we got one over on the Steelers.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So... they traded Manny Ramirez along with a bunch of picks...

For a DE..

This better work out, they're even weaker on the line now.

Godslay

Banned
Lions robbed the Broncos lol

A possible cut and a 5th and a 6th down the road? Seems like decent deal for both teams considering it was only moving up 5 spots to take your guy.

So... they traded Manny Ramirez along with a bunch of picks...

For a DE..

This better work out, they're even weaker on the line now.

Plenty of linemen out there. Kubes will get his guys on the line. Might be later, but I would trust him.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
A possible cut and a 5th and a 6th down the road? Seems like decent deal for both teams considering it was only moving up 5 spots to take your guy.

How was Manny Ramirez in Denver? Just happy we got another body in the offensive line. We have some solid pieces (Warford, Reiff, Swanson) but needed the depth.

Godslay

Banned
How was Manny Ramirez in Denver? Just happy we got another body in the offensive line. We have some solid pieces (Warford, Reiff, Swanson) but needed the depth.

To be honest. Not great. Required help and was the weakest part of the line. The numbers back it up. Both at RG and C. He's a starter when your line is in a pinch, but definitely a depth guy at best.

I would look at it like you got a couple of scratch tickets and maybe a warm body for swapping 5 places. Not a robbery, just a decent deal with some incentives for both sides.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mixed feelings. Didn't like Dupree's tape. He's sloppy. Love his size and measurables though. Also i told you assholes no first round CB!

I don't watch a ton of College Football and if someone told me that name was on the Steelers, I'd figure he was a linebackers coach or something. Perfect Steelers coach name.

To be honest. Not great. Required help and was the weakest part of the line. The numbers back it up. Both at RG and C. He's a starter when your line is in a pinch, but definitely a depth guy at best.

I would look at it like you got a couple of scratch tickets and maybe a warm body for swapping 5 places. Not a robbery, just a decent deal with some incentives for both sides.

Wasn't Manny one of the people responsible for that awful opening fumble safety in the Super Bowl? I thought I heard him mentioned during that

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
He's a starter on Detroit probably.

He's not starting over Pro Bowler Larry Warford. Who knows if he'll start over Sims but we'll still end up adding some depth for the o-line.

Glad we dodged the Perriman bullet. Whoever the Lions end up drafting I'll end up convincing myself they'll work out but I think Jaelen Strong would help us the most day one.

Godslay

Banned
Wasn't Manny one of the people responsible for that awful opening fumble safety in the Super Bowl? I thought I heard him mentioned during that

He was.

Centers typically require help so when I say that, it's not all bad. He did grade out bad in both positions though. I remember rewatching the Colts playoff game last year and ManRam was getting beat like a drum. Nothing wrong with stockpiling some guys on the line and seeing who wins out though.

God fucking dammit Bill.

It's like knowing somebody is going to hit you in the face, you prepare for it, you close your eyes, but it still fucking hurts when the fist pushes your eyeball into your brain.

Fucking hell

effzee

Man I knew we weren't getting Mariota but I so preferred Byron Jones over any WR.

Males it worse that Dallas got him. Fuck!

Had we kept Maclin wouldn't have needed Nelson. Goddammit wanted a CB at 20

Top Bottom