• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Steveo

Banned
Watching the war rooms this year makes me realize that Jerry Jones congratulates himself more on his own draft pics more than any other GM in the league.

cdyhybrid

PCJS said they expect Lockett to win both the starting PR and KR job, and end up backing up Doug Baldwin at the WR spot.

Also said that putting your hands on a woman was/is/will continue to be a dealbreaker, saying that after their investigation they believe Clark never did such. Not much else they could or would say, but whatever.

My god I am loving the Eagles draft so far. Chip should have been named GM the day he was hired. Looks like Rowe might be a Safety rather then a CB.

Geoff Mosher ‏@GeoffMosherCSN 2m2 minutes ago
Chip: Rowe was guy they targeted last night after Round 1 ended.

Tim McManus ‏@Tim_McManus 2m2 minutes ago
Chip: "He may start out at corner for us" but has safety attributes that they like.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 3m3 minutes ago
Chip Kelly says Eagles top two DB targets were Byron Jones and Eric Rowe. Were working to trade up for a while tonight to grab Rowe.

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane 43s43 seconds ago
Chip Kelly wouldn't commit to whether the #Eagles look at Eric Rowe as a safety or comerback. "He may start at CB for us."

Les Bowen ‏@LesBowen 5m5 minutes agoDeptford, NJ
Marynowitz was speaking the truth about no smokescreens. Both picks so far are guys we all knew Eagles liked, had for visits.

cdyhybrid

technically everyone has a chance to be the steal of the draft!

everyone except arik armstead

I really don't know what you guys are doing. Seems like Baalke and Tomsula will either surprise everyone and turn out good, or crash and burn terribly. No middle ground.

I remember when Armstead came out of high school, he went to Nike U because they would let him play DL (what he wanted to play), but everyone that evaluated him thought that his best position was on the OL.

I really don't know what you guys are doing. Seems like Baalke and Tomsula will either surprise everyone and turn out good, or crash and burn terribly. No middle ground.

I remember when Armstead came out of high school, he went to Nike U because they would let him play DL (what he wanted to play), but everyone that evaluated him thought that his best position was on the OL.

he is probably a better o-lineman than alex boone so maybe there is hope for that pick yet

PCJS said they expect Lockett to win both the starting PR and KR job, and end up backing up Doug Baldwin at the WR spot.

Also said that putting your hands on a woman was/is/will continue to be a dealbreaker, saying that after their investigation they believe Clark never did such. Not much else they could or would say, but whatever.

Seahawks definitely have not looked great so far with these two picks. Maybe tomorrow is better, yikes.

Yooka-Laylee is the most nostalgic thing I've ever seen and heard. It's so beautiful

:')

People having nostalgia for N64 games just makes me feel old.

MechDX

Hated Texans first pick, then warmed up to it and the next two as well, now I'm not sure about any of them.

CB that likely won't make a major impact till next year. ILB who is a two down backer and being compared to Brandon Spikes and a WR who is another possession guy like Nuk.

ampere

Yooka-Laylee is the most nostalgic thing I've ever seen and heard. It's so beautiful

:')

I know, it looks so amazing. The grumpy part of me doesn't want to get excited so I don't get disappointed, but goddamn it looks like the Banjo and Kazooie sequel I've been waiting for

Steelers-GAF, what grade are we getting with those first three picks?

I really like the Dupree pick. I'm assuming he lines up on the other side of Jones with Timmons and Shazier in the middle. Harrison, Williams, Spence are depth guys. Could be a decent LB corps, though I have to say I've not yet been impressed by Jones.

Still, Dupree gets an "A" as a pick.

Golson is the right position, DB, but his size is a concern. Looks like we might have reached for him a bit. Definitely more of a need pick than a BPA pick. I'd give this one a B-/C+.

Coates at WR, eh? Hmmm. Not saying we shouldn't keep the receiving machine going, and after Brown, Wheaton, Bryant there's a pretty far drop off to DHB, so maybe this guy comes in and does something special, or grows into something special. You also gotta look to the future and realize you can't re-sign every one of these guys if they keep putting up big numbers. Still, 3rd round WR vs. some more help on D... B? C?

Steelers-GAF, what grade are we getting with those first three picks?

I really like the Dupree pick. I'm assuming he lines up on the other side of Jones with Timmons and Shazier in the middle. Harrison, Williams, Spence are depth guys. Could be a decent LB corps, though I have to say I've not yet been impressed by Jones.

Still, Dupree gets an "A" as a pick.

Golson is the right position, DB, but his size is a concern. Looks like we might have reached for him a bit. Definitely more of a need pick than a BPA pick. I'd give this one a B-/C+.

Coates at WR, eh? Hmmm. Not saying we shouldn't keep the receiving machine going, and after Brown, Wheaton, Bryant there's a pretty far drop off to DHB, so maybe this guy comes in and does something special, or grows into something special. You also gotta look to the future and realize you can't re-sign every one of these guys if they keep putting up big numbers. Still, 3rd round WR vs. some more help on D... B? C?

I think Golson is a reach. Yes he has talent but he could have been gotten in the third. Steelers HAD to get a cornerback though so they couldn't take the risk of letting him fall that far.

I like the Coates pick. He seems to have a lot of Wallace's qualities (Elite speed, body catcher, limited route tree) plus the height. High ceiling guy.

I love Dupree's pick but he needs work on his technique. I'm still on the fence.

Patriots are citizins of Reachcity.

Brown was solid, but besides that Bill has been weird once again. Nothing says draft weekend like Bill picking an obscure safety in the second half.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I like Terrance west, but not sure the coaching staff is all the way sold on him. Johnson is a different kind of runner then we have too. We just need overall play makers, and we want to use the rbs in the pass game.

I like Crowell too, but he just couldn't keep his balance last year.

Think the pick was conely before KC jumped us

Caplan seems to love him

He falls forward! How dare you.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
HzVlUFL.jpg

Vikings defense is going to be really really good if Kendricks and Waynes turn out even halfway decent.

The Hunter guy seems very raw though. Hopefully Zimmer gets him going.

Still trying to wrap my head around this Panthers draft.

We reached for a dude who can play a bunch of positions, but none of them of need, and then traded up to get a worse Kelvin Benjamin.

does-not-get-it.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'll have my thoughts on all of the Steelers picks after the draft. Right now, it's more of a hopeful draft than an immediately helpful draft.

Mark Kaboly @MarkKaboly_Trib · 4h 4 hours ago

So, if Senquez Golson was this much taller
|-----------------------------------------------|
it would've been a great pick? OK, I got it.

RBH

So many things going on today.....

• Mayweather vs. Pacquaio
• Spurs vs Clippers, Game 7
• NHL Playoffs
• Kentucky Derby
• NFL Draft

Top Bottom