• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

RBH

LDaKwjE.png

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/594540115348705280

Crisco

Banned
Still trying to wrap my head around this Panthers draft.

We reached for a dude who can play a bunch of positions, but none of them of need, and then traded up to get a worse Kelvin Benjamin.

does-not-get-it.gif

I don't know why people say we don't need Shaq, none of our linebackers or dbs we put alongside Kuechly and Davis in the box were able to cut it. Exception was Benwikere but he also turned out to be the best DB on our entire team and will be our #1 corner. Klein is decent against the run but can't cover a receiver and I don't think I need to go down the list of scrubs who tried to play nickel after Bene was injured/moved to starting CB. So I think we definitely have a need at Will or nickel that Thompson fulfills. tldr; Getts watched Kam Chancellor rip us to shreds in the playoffs last year and saw a lot of him in Shaq.

I see Funchess as a faster/more athletic KB, but probably not going to be as dominant against man coverage. He's gonna need make his living in the middle of the field as an inside receiver.

Wes

venison crêpe
@SeifertESPN 45s45 seconds ago

Owners expected to vote on a PAT proposal later this month. Expected to move it to 1 or 1.5-yard line. Incentivize 2-point attempts.

RBH

New Falcons wide receiver Justin Hardy, the NCAA's all-time leader in pass receptions:

BrokenDirectIrishredandwhitesetter.gif

One day in elementary school, Justin Hardy read how when Jerry Rice was growing up he would work with his father, a brick mason, and got strong hands by catching bricks tossed to him from his father. So Hardy went out and found a brick of his own so he could begin down a path he hoped would take him to the NFL. Since his father wasn't a brick mason Hardy would have a friend stand a few feet away and underhand toss him a brick.

He'd try to catch it dead on with a full grip, just like Rice would. Then he'd toss it back and repeat.

Over and over and over again.

“After school, weekends, whenever I could,” Hardy said. “In the summer when you're looking for things to do we'd do that.”

It was painstaking stuff but the player who one day would become one of the most prolific wide receivers in college football last year knew it would be worth it, even if no one else thought much about him.

LA - theOBR ‏ @ TheRealLA__ now 5 seconds ago
On why Mayle and not Tre McBride, "Much more physical, bigger catch radius, will win battles and can contribute in other way immediately. "

MechDX

Dorsett with about a half dozen family members here. Dorsett says the advice from Andre Johnson was to get ready, "A Super Bowl is coming."--Twitter

The Colts fall will be glorious.

Also fuck the WR formerly known as Dre

BigAT

Did RBH's dick literally burn down a house?

Ross Jones ‏@RossJonesFOX
#Falcons DT Grady Jarrett's family home went up in flames as he waited to be drafted last night. Scary stuff. Story to come on @FOXSports.

RBH

Did RBH's dick literally burn down a house?

Ross Jones ‏@RossJonesFOX
#Falcons DT Grady Jarrett's family home went up in flames as he waited to be drafted last night. Scary stuff. Story to come on @FOXSports.
Sad stuff. On the bright side, he's heading to his home team to play alongside his college teammate Beasley.

Top Bottom