• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Cowboys signed a white RB. CHAMPIONSHIP
mcdaniel.jpg

Panthers UDFA's so far

Damiere Byrd WR, South Carolina
Garry Peters CB, Clemson
Brian Blechen OLB, Utah
Terry Redden DT, Memphis
Darius Cummings DT, Florida
Arthur Miley DL, Southern University
Dean Marlowe FS, James Madison

minx

Bears UDFAs:
DB Qumain Black
OL Cameron Jefferson & Chad Hamilton
TE Brian Vogler
WR Levi Norwood
QB Shane Carden
K Jeremiah Deter

jWILL253

Banned
Cross post.

With Tyler Lockett & Austin Hill, the Seahawks have two Biletnikoff Award nominees on the training camp roster, one from 2012, and one from last year.

You can tell that the front office is definitely wanting for some consistent receiving talent. If all pans out, this will be one hell of a receiving corp with Graham out there.

Basketball thoughts:

1. just got back from playing for the 2nd time in two days. RIP in peace my calves and knees
2. Spurs/Clips is going to be special. TNT Overtime is great. And Kawhi Leonard is great. It's like Scottie Pippen was secretly cloned!

Colasante

Ended up liking the Patriots draft a lot more than I expected to after the Jordan Richards selection. I really hope Shaq Mason can pan out, some of his highlights are amazingly fun to watch. A line of Solder-Mason-Stork-Jackson-Vollmer could be a potentially dominant run blocking unit.

effzee

Kind of perplexed how the Eagles ended up with zero O linemen drafted.

Since Chip drafted Lane Johnson with his first ever pick he has yet to draft another olineman.

So every pick in 13, 14, and now 15 draft. Especially shocking now that they created a giant hole by releasing Todd Heremans and the situation with Evan Mathis seems to be getting worse and worse. This offense, esp with the new unbreakable QB Sam Bradford, is predicated on excellent line play in both run and pass.

They have k depth but Perers is in his 30s, Mathis is in his 30s and disgruntled, Heremans gone and they signed no one and drafted not one lineman.

Going to comeback to bite them real bad when they get hit with injuries.

squicken

No Tears for the Dead is awesome

Since Chip drafted Lane Johnson with his first ever pick he has yet to draft another olineman.

So every pick in 13, 14, and now 15 draft. Especially shocking now that they created a giant hole by releasing Todd Heremans and the situation with Evan Mathis seems to be getting worse and worse. This offense, esp with the new unbreakable QB Sam Bradford, is predicated on excellent line play in both run and pass.

They have k depth but Perers is in his 30s, Mathis is in his 30s and disgruntled, Heremans gone and they signed no one and drafted not one lineman.

Yeah I think Philly has really shaky depth there as well, but I guess they just felt that DBs were the big area of need. I'm just glad all the MM rumors are over and everyone can just talk about who is on the team and not who might be

Two OL, 2 Safeties, 1 DL and a WR.

BPA my ass, Reese.:) Maybe best player available at positions of need which is exactly what the Giants targeted. My reaction is a bit mixed for this draft. I walked away after the 2014 draft feeling really excited about the prospects we brought in. Even our late round picks seemed like they had some serious production and could contribute. That feeling ended up being right. Aside from Odell blowing up - Kennard, Williams, Berhe all contributed in some way and showed signs of development. Bromley had a red shirt year at defensive tackle so we'll see what he has to bring to the table this season.

This draft? Flowers is a bit of risky pick for a kid that still requires a great deal of coaching to bring out the best in him. I love the upside but I worry about the bust potential and we /need/ to hit on our offensive line draftees right now.

I've already said my peace on Landon Collins. I don't like the pick. I understand moving up to grab him from a value perspective as teams had a first round grade on him but we needed a free safety and we basically got a linebacker with an S next to his name. Maybe he can develop or he lives up to calling himself a Kam Chancellor type of player but you'll forgive me if I need to see a whole lot from him to feel better about this selection. I'd love to sit here and be eating crow by the end of the 2015 season because he'll be starting on our defense day one precluding any injuries.

Owa is a great pick in the third. Love the value and if his medical is indeed clear, we've added a nice piece to the defensive line rotation. Demontre Moore is starting to develop and if we can settle the defensive end position across JPP, we can get back to dominating the line of scrimmage like we used to.

Late rounders are what they are. It seems the Giants targeted primarily ST contributors and a developmental guard (something they've not had much luck with in the past). Mykkele Thompson in the fifth round seems to be getting shit on as a reach but the Giants saw something they like. Coughlin sees him as a free safety compliment to Collins which is interesting because it seems like this kid is going to get every shot to get on the field.

We'll see how it goes. I try to remain optimistic.:)

I don't like this draft thought Reese reached, safety that can't cover in the NFL is a fucking LB, a RT with shitty feet, a WR with zero speed, a DE with a weird fucking name who has a bad hip, and a few more scrubs, but in three years i will be right or eating crow..

Draxal

I don't like this draft thought Reese reached, safety that can't cover in the NFL is a fucking LB, a RT with shitty feet, a WR with zero speed, a DE with a weird fucking name who has a bad hip, and a few more scrubs, but in three years i will be right or eating crow..

I'm much happier with his first three than the later three.

You guys are too hard on Landon, Alabama's secondary as a whole was a weakness due to defections to the NFL the last couple of years.

The guy interviewing tom was clowning.

"How would it feel for Floyd to lose tonight, since you know all too well what it is like to lose a perfect season?!"

"You said it yourself Tom, its all about the money? You agree with Floyd!"

effzee

No Tears for the Dead is awesome

Yeah I think Philly has really shaky depth there as well, but I guess they just felt that DBs were the big area of need. I'm just glad all the MM rumors are over and everyone can just talk about who is on the team and not who might be

DBs were an area of need but they also claim it was all BPA all the way through.

Byron Jones was a better pick IMO in the first round and it sucks Dallas picked him up. In fact I think Dallas got two really great players in Jones and Gregory esp if they can straighten him out.

I'm just shocked that Chip has let Todd go and is in a very tense situation with Mathis but is relying solely on the guys who were already on the roster as quality depth but inadequate starters.

Now if you can add La'el somehow if he is proven to be not involved at all, I'll say this is an excellent draft on paper.

As much as I knew they wouldn't land MM, it did take a lot of the buzz and excitement out when he wasn't the pick. Would have loved to have seen the offense run by him. Always feel like Chip is holding back because he doesn't have the QB with all the tools he can work it.

Oh well. At least we are now stacked at LB (for the first since I started rooting in 98), kept Cox, and added enough DB help through FA and the draft that at least two of these guys should shake out to be a quality starting CB and Safety.

Nelson Agholor should start immediately and be impactful.

Just worried about the OLINE.

Peters hasn't shown any deterioration so far. Mathis barely. Backups played adequate and Herremens was old and the weakest starter. It would have been nice to have a draft there but its not a huge deal. Bigger deal next year. Mathis isn't gonna be worse this year on purpose, especially if he wants more money. That's counterintuitive. This year OL was nice to have, but not need to have until next year's draft.

RBH

The guy interviewing tom was clowning.

"How would it feel for Floyd to lose tonight, since you know all too well what it is like to lose a perfect season?!"

"You said it yourself Tom, its all about the money? You agree with Floyd!"
Jim Gray is such a fucktard.

I'm laughing my ass off at people who paid good ass money to watch Floyd Mayweather fight and then complain when Floyd Mayweather fights the way Floyd Mayweather fights.

Top Bottom