• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Fox318

I'm laughing my ass off at people who paid good ass money to watch Floyd Mayweather fight and then complain when Floyd Mayweather fights the way Floyd Mayweather fights.

I feel like people should have known better after the Alvarez fight.

Floyd is too fast and he knows how to win rounds with those left jabs.

And like always after round 6 he adjusts and the fight is over.

It really is a shame because boxing needs knockouts or the heavyweights to be a little exciting.

What boxing needs is judges scoring a round 10-10 if nothing happens and refs being stricter with holding and that little bullshit that passes as "smart" boxing.

jbug617

Banned
RBH found you a new gif for the future
tumblr_mm1k0tH5gN1sp1ug4o1_500.gif

Boxing sucks.

needs to be like ippo
hajime_no_ippo_3.gif

I feel like people should have known better after the Alvarez fight.

Floyd is too fast and he knows how to win rounds with those left jabs.

And like always after round 6 he adjusts and the fight is over.

It really is a shame because boxing needs knockouts or the heavyweights to be a little exciting.

This

Spinluck

I'm a packers fan you damn ketchup lover

Oh wow. Ok I already knew this but forgot.

Fucking animu avatars giving me temporary memory loss.

What do all of the animus in here think of Dragon Ball coming back? Is that too mainstream/casual for you guys, or is there some excitement?

cajunator

Banned
Oh wow. Ok I already knew this but forgot.

Fucking animu avatars giving me temporary memory loss.

What do all of the animus in here think of Dragon Ball coming back? Is that too mainstream/casual for you guys, or is there some excitement?
I find DBZ to be way too repetitive.

jakncoke

Banned
Jaquiski Tartt was the 6th ever Samford player drafted and the highest by far, the previous high was Corey White 5th round 162 pick

Doorman

Janay Rice
‏@JanayRice

My husband hits harder than mayweather #BoxingIsDead #MacPac #MayPac

I groaned a little.

Just noticed that the Lions have picked up two UDFA quarterbacks since yesterday. Might we finally be nearing the end of the Kellen Moore experience?

Or the Matt Stafford experience?

Striker

Giants picked up HB Akeem Hunt. Small dude but really quick and speedy. Seems to be an explosive KR as well. With Chris Ogbonnaya and Orleans Darkwa as his main competition, he has a decent chance at the final roster.

bionic77

I'm laughing my ass off at people who paid good ass money to watch Floyd Mayweather fight and then complain when Floyd Mayweather fights the way Floyd Mayweather fights.
Yeah I saw it with a bunch of casual boxing fans last night and none of them believed me or others who advised them that most Mayweather fights are boring as shit because no one can hit him and he is not serious about KOing his opponents (or maybe doesn't have the ability).

That said Pacs lack of power surprised me (even though he hasn't KOed anyone in forever).

The basketball game was great though. Can't believe the Clippers didn't choke.

If you casuals want to see a great AND exciting fighter cue up some Roy Jones highlights. Dude was a real GOAT contender, not like Mayweather who is the worlds greatest dancer (boxing also involves hitting people imo).

Yeah I saw it with a bunch of casual boxing fans last night and none of them believed me or others who advised them that most Mayweather fights are boring as shit because no one can hit him and he is not serious about KOing his opponents (or maybe doesn't have the ability).

I wonder how many people have no interest in boxing at all and just watched last night because of the hype and they felt they had to be a part of some larger social event. Based off of the OT thread for the fight, a lot.

Even crazier to me, though, is the cats that actually do follow boxing and should absolutely know how Mayweather gets down, yet continue to buy his PPVs. If you think he's boring, why do you continue to line his pockets by spending 70+ dollars on every fight?

@squicken, the Chelsea comparison is spot-on. They are both negative and cuntish, yet it always fucking works.

effzee

Peters hasn't shown any deterioration so far. Mathis barely. Backups played adequate and Herremens was old and the weakest starter. It would have been nice to have a draft there but its not a huge deal. Bigger deal next year. Mathis isn't gonna be worse this year on purpose, especially if he wants more money. That's counterintuitive. This year OL was nice to have, but not need to have until next year's draft.

None of that changes the lack of depth, some of which is self created. I have no questions about Peters ability to play still as the best LT in the game but what happens if he is injured? What if Evan Mathis gets hurt?

Let's hope Collins is cleared and Eagles can pick him up. Most teams addressed the oline at some point so Eagles might be a select few who really have a chance

jakncoke

Banned
the panthers drafted bubbles

He started his junior college career by living in a shed before he ever got to Texas State. But his production has scouts salivating to see how he will play at the next level.

Top Bottom