• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Needs to be a split BPA/need. More of an emphasis on BPA
IMO:

BPA in relation to value to the team

If it's a deep class at WR, even if you need a WR it should devalue the position on your board. If you can plug guys in and make due with UDFA o-linemen, forget wasting picks on them. Where BPA comes in is: never reach. Trade down or take a non-need position before you reach.

Also, I'm sorry Mech, but the Rockets are going to get clowned by the Clips this series (unless CP3 is actually dead). I'd hoped for good things, but they're just outmatched.

Uhg, my AC has a freon leak. I got it refilled last year, hoping they just hadn't filled it all the way when they installed it, but it's not cold enough this year either. This shit is less than 5 years old. I have to find out if there is a warranty.

Bowser

I don't know sometimes grabbing the best player available is the right choice, but then other times that guy becomes a bust, and you still have a gaping hole at X position.

I think it's like 50/50.... I feel in the NFL drafting for need is acceptable and very viable. However in the NBA just grab the best fucking player is almost always the way to go.

Needs to be a split BPA/need. More of an emphasis on BPA

People lambasted Gettleman last year for taking Kelvin Benjamin over Morgan Moses due to our need at OT. Yeah, our tackles were shit, but how much worse would that team have been if we had that sack of shit Morgan Moses (gigantic bust last year) and no KB? Would have been a 2-3 win team at best.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Al Davis would try to draft this cat:

jHAX4JI.gif

MechDX

Also, I'm sorry Mech, but the Rockets are going to get clowned by the Clips this series (unless CP3 is actually dead). I'd hoped for good things, but they're just outmatched.

#PrayForMech

lol Don't give a shit, basketball is a fucking joke. It is more acting, flopping and showboating than an actual sport now. Just using the Rockets playoffs to pass the dead time in the NFL. At least rookie training camps start this week.

Branduil

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...hotel-incident-involving-seahawks-draft-pick/

Two women say they found the girlfriend of Seahawks draft pick Frank Clark sprawled half-naked on her hotel-room floor and barely moving the night of his arrest on charges of domestic violence and assault.

Lis Babson, 44, and Kristie Colie, 43, who were in the room next door with their young daughters at a Sandusky, Ohio, hotel and waterpark resort last November, say they heard loud banging, yelling and screaming coming from Clark’s room. Babson says she immediately sensed something was terribly wrong, ran outside and pounded on the door until Clark opened it.

In an interview with The Seattle Times on Monday, Babson said an enraged Clark tried to quickly slam the door in her face, but she caught it before it could close.

Police report relates victim’s injuries, Clark’s denial

Colie, who had followed Babson into the hallway, said the woman on the floor inside the room “was definitely beat up” and initially didn’t move.

“She looked unconscious,’’ Colie said. “She looked like she was knocked out, and then she started to move slowly.’’

But the Seahawks made him the 63rd overall pick in the draft, saying team officials had conducted an extensive investigation of their own and felt confident that the 6-foot-2, 277-pound Clark had not struck his girlfriend. The team acknowledged on Monday that their investigation did not include interviews with witnesses other than Clark.

The police report describing the incident quotes Diamond Hurt, then 20, saying Clark punched her in the face. Hurt’s younger brothers are quoted saying the same thing.

When Babson and Colie found her, Hurt “was just laying there,’’ Babson said. “She looked like she was unconscious to me.

“The kids were saying, ‘He killed my sister!’ ’’

Babson said she never feared for her own safety, though she’s glad she intervened when she did since nobody else was on the floor. She says she can’t understand how the Seahawks could conclude there had been no physical altercation.

“Her body was just not moving,’’ she said. “It looked like she was unconscious to me. She was just laying there. Her eyes weren’t even open.’’

I'm shocked that a Pete Carroll team would plead ignorant to the misdeeds of a player while deliberately doing an incompetent job of investigating them. Shocked, I say.

I have regrets. I poured two giant glasses of Stagg Jr. for myself tonight. It's 132 proof and I am getting way more fucked up than intended and regret it. I poured way too much, but it is delicious.

Striker

No, No, No, No, get younger is the goal, don't retread...
Yeah, don't want him. He did not look good before being let go. That year Beatty struggled and also had Baas in and out of the lineup.

Depth is decent, though I still hate the Newhouse signing. Not sure if it can be any worse than Reese's Charles Brown signing last year.

Hammer24

Banned
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...hotel-incident-involving-seahawks-draft-pick/

I'm shocked that a Pete Carroll team would plead ignorant to the misdeeds of a player while deliberately doing an incompetent job of investigating them. Shocked, I say.

"saying team officials had conducted an extensive investigation of their own and felt confident"

What's fucking wrong with these teams? This statement painfully reminds me of countless ones made by the Bucs - who never even considered talking to Winstons accusers. Fuck them!

Broank

Thing is I wouldn't draft Clark even if he hadn't proven to be a idiot scumbag off the field again and again and again. He must be a practice wonder or something because every year before the season it was always "Frank Clark will be a beast, nobody will be able to block him bla bla bla" then he played like 95% of the snaps and never really did much.

I can't really doubt Pete when it comes to defense though, he can mold him into a player if anyone can. Maybe he is better off not playing every snap and being in a rotation.

squicken

Nice family

Lawrence Taylor Jr., son of Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor, will spend the next 10 years in prison after a plea deal on statutory rape and child molestation charges.

Taylor took the plea just before his trial was set to start on Monday in Cobb County, Georgia.

The 33-year-old Taylor was accused of sexually assaulting two 13-year-old girls in 2012 and 2013.

Lawrence Taylor Sr., who played for the Giants from 1981 to 1993, has had his own legal issues, including a guilty plea to charges of patronizing a prostitute and sexual misconduct in connection with an encounter with an underage sex worker

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...or-jr-gets-10-years-in-prison-for-sex-crimes/

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
got half a dozen glazed donuts and some boudin kolaches for breakfast
Think I'll get some kolaches too.

Also not surprised the rockets blew it last night. Clippers star was out and everyone picking the rockets. Then I saw fmt saying clippers were gonna get blown out.

Nope, this is Houston so we gonna blow it for sure now. Lol

eznark

Banned
I think you can make a grade based on the teams need.

If the team desperately needed oline help and their first pick they draft a safety I don't give a shit how talented that guy could be its a bad pick.

Plus its not like the Texans have won the Super Bowl.

cBj1LTf.png

My job intersected with my hobby today. Paramount is shipping a copy of mission impossible 5 for private screening to Robert kraft.
My company lost the shipment though..

ampere

Pats released Alfonso Dennard this morning.

I get it, but what on Earth are the plans at corner?

Bill we are freaking out here!!

We needed Browner back. Revis was breaking the bank, but come the fuck on Browner wasn't even that expensive! I guess he was a flag magnet though.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I get it, but what on Earth are the plans at corner?

Bill we are freaking out here!!

We needed Browner back. Revis was breaking the bank, but come the fuck on Browner wasn't even that expensive! I guess he was a flag magnet though.
No corners, 11 in the box. Bill is a genius!

Respect

Pats released Alfonso Dennard this morning.

Wow, this does come as a surprise...thought he played really well as a rookie, was hoping he was just having a sophomore slump season.

Think the signs are it will be a switch to more zone, in which case Browner's ability to play physically at the line is useless and he would become a liability. Might also be the reason why they released Dennard as he is more a man to man corner, perhaps doesn't do so well in zone.

bionic77

I'll be 32 in less than 24 hours.....
As long as you are not living at home with your parents or in a cardboard box you shouldn't be depressed at being 32. Thats the prime of your life enjoy it!

As far as I can tell the real changes to your body happen after 40. Thats when FMT gets to have the best first date ever with his proctologist along with a lot of other big changes.

As long as you are not living at home with your parents or in a cardboard box you shouldn't be depressed at being 32. Thats the prime of your life enjoy it!

As far as I can tell the real changes to your body happen after 40. Thats when FMT gets to have the best first date ever with his proctologist along with a lot of other big changes.

Oh no I'm not some kind of Gata, I'm not really depressed, life is pretty good.

Tamanon

Banned
I'd like being 32 again.

Final final done. Leave for Miami on Friday and the Bahamas on Monday! We're starting the summer off right.

Top Bottom