• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

bionic77

I'd like being 32 again.

Final final done. Leave for Miami on Friday and the Bahamas on Monday! We're starting the summer off right.
I assume you live in Florida so things might be different but I always prefer to go to a nice beach in the dead of winter.

I definitely have to go back to Atlantis with the kids one day. That place was great, especially for families. If I was going by myself I don't think I would be as into it, but for families it is like a better version of Disney (which we are going to later this year, ugh).

Oh no I'm not some kind of Gata, I'm not really depressed, life is pretty good.
Enjoy it while you can!

Luck, both good and bad, and totally out of our controls and often has the biggest impact on our lives. So live life to the fullest. You don't want to die or get poor or sick and have regrets about the shit you were never able to do.

Speaking of which, I better schedule that ping pong match with Greg before I turn 40. He won't be able to handle the embarrassment of losing to a legit old man.

#alwaysthinkingofothers

werent you saying you felt it 2 days later after drinking?

It wasn't just drinking though, I stayed up past midnight!!

Enjoy it while you can!

Luck, both good and bad, and totally out of our controls and often has the biggest impact on our lives. So live life to the fullest. You don't want to die or get poor or sick and have regrets about the shit you were never able to do.

Speaking of which, I better schedule that ping pong match with Greg before I turn 40. He won't be able to handle the embarrassment of losing to a legit old man.

#alwaysthinkingofothers

Too true friend,

We have the same Birthday, new Chris! I'm going to be 23.

That's awesome!!

A good GM always goes BPA and when you get to a point where you have multiple guys graded roughly the same, only then do you allow yourself to draft a guy for needs.

Plenty of fans bitching about Keim taking Golden in the second and Gunter (who no one had heard of) in the fourth, especially since we traded up for the latter. What amazes me is that these guys ignore the fact that Keim has recently won Executive of the Year so not only does this guy do this for a living and have scouts that analyze and know ten times more than any given fan, but he's been decreed doing this better than anyone else in the league in recent times. I find their lack of faith disturbing.

My own limited views are that Humphries is a very solid pick, most especially because Massie is in his contract year and gave up 9 sacks last year including those that killed our QBs so it was time for an upgrade and it's another piece in Keim's promised effort to fix the line and build those trenches into something that allows sustained success. I also love what I've seen of David Johnson, his hands are amazing and he has the ability to shed tackles. I think the pairing of he and Elly could be special. Shaq in the 5th seems like a potential steal and he has the potential to become a solid pass rusher, here's hoping! JJ Nelson will start immediately as we desperately needed a retuner after the Ted Ginn debacle. He'll be a nice boon to our ST and was the fastest at the combine. If he has decent hands outside of returning, he and John Brown would be the fastest duo on the league and could create mismatch hell but for now I'll contain my expectations and just hope for a return ace. The kid has returned 4 TDs in college so looking forward to it but we need better blocking on ST to help him out. I've seen in more than one place that a lot of film on Shane Ray shows Golden involved on every play and that he really stood out. I can see him performing spy duties and containing the run, he's not necessarily being cast as our premier pass rusher. Gunter is a complete unknown and is simply a case of trusting Keim and his scouts. They see something in him so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, they've earned it. Even if it whiffs, there was no way we'd sign 9 rookies to the roster so it was certain we'd trade up on day 3 and it's extremely unreasonable to expect any GM to nail every pick. Once you get into the back half of the draft, it's mostly projects and potential.

More importantly than any of this, Carson is finally participating in practices! Man it was good to see him slinging some balls around. With a couple important pieces bouncing back from injuries, training camp will be more interesting than usual this year.

bionic77

NBA playoffs are pretty good this year.

Still can't believe the LA Chokes managed to come up clutch against the San Antonio Olds. The Spurs might have repeated this year if Splitter did not break and Parker did not get old. They can't replace those guys especially Parker, unless Leonard decides to become a superstar next year (definitely possible).

Curry plays basketball the way most of us scrubs wish we could play. He is like the Roger Federer of basketball. So fucking skillful.

Our line might actually be decent!
It would be cool if Tannehill wasn't in the top 5 in sacks for once.

Still can't believe the LA Chokes managed to come up clutch against the San Antonio Olds. The Spurs might have repeated this year if Splitter did not break and Parker did not get old. They can't replace those guys especially Parker, unless Leonard decides to become a superstar next year (definitely possible).

Curry plays basketball the way most of us scrubs wish we could play. He is like the Roger Federer of basketball. So fucking skillful.
Curry is the most exciting player to watch in the NBA right now. His coordination and touch never cease to amaze me.

Tom Penny

The Clippers and Sparks have leapfrogged the Lakers in LA hoops.

bionic77

It would be cool if Tannehill wasn't in the top 5 in sacks for once.

Curry is the most exciting player to watch in the NBA right now. His coordination and touch never ceases to amaze me.
Curry is the best player in the league (on offense) though most media people are too afraid to say it. They can't dare say anything against our Lord Lebron.

The Clippers and Sparks have leapfrogged the Lakers in LA hoops.
The Lakers have won more championships (not including racist teams or fake sports such as the Celtics or baseball) than any other franchise in American sports.

I am not going to lose sleep over the Clippers making it to the 2nd round. That is overcoming T-Mac not the Lakers.

And you are never allowed to compare the WNBA to the NBA or in fact any sport that can garner a paying audience of at least 2 dozen people.

ampere

Steph Curry is the Aaron Rodgers of the NBA, except with less injuries.

Basically a precision and decision god. Imagine if he were LeBron's size. I'd say move over MJ there's a new GOAT

Now that the draft is over the power rankings are coming out. These early rankings never make sense to me. They always are basically in the same order teams finished last year even though some teams, like the Patriots, basically lose huge sections of what made them successful.

TheFatOne

Wow, this does come as a surprise...thought he played really well as a rookie, was hoping he was just having a sophomore slump season.

Think the signs are it will be a switch to more zone, in which case Browner's ability to play physically at the line is useless and he would become a liability. Might also be the reason why they released Dennard as he is more a man to man corner, perhaps doesn't do so well in zone.

Lots of chatter last season about him. Seemed like he wasn't doing what they were asking him to do/being a problem. Somewhat surprising they released him though.

ampere

Like a girl getting your name tattooed on her after your first date, this is a sure sign of crazy:

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL
2nd rd pick Randy Gregory got a Cowboys tattoo this weekend after being drafted by the team.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/595637855860297729

Just like Ridley getting his Pats tattoo changed to a Jets one after getting signed to a 1 year deal.

fucking lol

Now that the draft is over the power rankings are coming out. These early rankings never make sense to me. They always are basically in the same order teams finished last year even though some teams, like the Patriots, basically lose huge sections of what made them successful.

We'll still win 11 games minimum. Might have a new defensive scheme and it's always next man up

Just like Ridley getting his Pats tattoo changed to a Jets one after getting signed to a 1 year deal.

fucking lol

We'll still win 11 games minimum. Might have a new defensive scheme and it's always next man up

Don't get me wrong, I'm not down on the Patriots chances or anything, but ranking them first or second overall right now with the questions on their team? Doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Eagles fans saw last year how easily you can get screwed with a poor secondary, even if everything else works great.

fucking lol

I wonder what new system of cheating them will come up with this time.

BigAT

I agree. Sadly they are the only thing we have to talk about until training camp : (

Want me to get into the intricate details about the battle for the Giants' holder position that will take place this August?

There won't actually be one, I would just post pictures of a shirtless Steve Weatherford.

Word is Collins wants to go somewhere were he can pay LT. Position himself to get more money in the long run
Edit:
Jameis Winston is reportedly "pushing hard" for LSU T/G La'El Collins to join the Buccaneers.
DMs boy

Preseason game dates are trickling out.

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 5m5 minutes ago
#Patriots preseason schedule finalized (all games 7:30 pm et):
Thurs Aug 13: vs GB
Sat Aug 22: at NO
Fri Aug 28: at CAR
Thurs Sept 3: vs NYG

Pats-Packers in on my birthday, and I'll probably go to it.

ampere

Don't get me wrong, I'm not down on the Patriots chances or anything, but ranking them first or second overall right now with the questions on their team? Doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Eagles fans saw last year how easily you can get screwed with a poor secondary, even if everything else works great.

Wasn't your biggest problem last year the Sancheez? I guess he had a few decent games, but he sucks

I hate going to the doctor. Appointment Thursday. This random shortness of breath shit has got me spooked. Adult onset asthma? Pneumonia? It's annoying as shit.

Wasn't your biggest problem last year the Sancheez? I guess he had a few decent games, but he sucks

Eagles would have had at least one more win if they hadn't given up that big play to Arizona. They gave up more 20+ yard plays than any other team last year. Secondary was pure garbage and could not stop a 3rd and long situation. The Eagles were better at 3rd and short than 3rd and long. I think they'd have made the playoffs regardless of the Sanchize if they had a remotely competent secondary.

Hindl

Sanchez was passable, not great. But we still scored no lower than 20 points when he was playing. But Bradley Fletcher, goddamn I have no idea why the Pats signed him. Maybe it's another Chung situation but Bradley Fletcher was pretty much the sole reason the
Eagles collapsed in the end of the season. Cary Williams wasn't great, but he was average. But Fletcher never turned his head and got beat on every play. If Bill can somehow make him half-competent that would be a miracle

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I want to know who's getting drunk on $14 beers?

directv-russian-with-mini-giraffe.jpg

Jarnet87

Word is Collins wants to go somewhere were he can pay LT. Position himself to get more money in the long run
Edit:

DMs boy

He could play Left Tackle day 1 on the Bucs. Dotson and Smith could play tackle or guard on the right side, and this way it gives Ali Marpet time to adjust and work in as a sub. I wish we would of drafted him in the 7th but it's understandable why no team did. Still I'd rather use that pick on him, we ended up taking some RB who were gonna convert into FB, did we really need to draft a fullback?

Top Bottom