• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

cajunator

Banned
I've been able to witness a Waffle House being built from the ground up within the past month, being that its right across from where I am. It's amazing how fast they work.

#TrulyBlessed

Same here. Building one across the street from our office building.

BigAT

Another Raiders cut, Kevin Boothe. Former Giant, I wonder if they would bring him back for depth. I would certainly welcome him for cheap, versatile guy that can play 3 spots.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Raiders are releasing OL Kevin Boothe. Nine-year veteran appeared in nine games for the team last year. Could get a look elsewhere.

Farooq

Banned
Pretty much agree. he part of this draft i'm most excited about is the turn towards speed. Tomlin has been dabbling in it since Spence but now it's a clear full commitment.

Noticing the same trend with the Cowboys. They drafted a player with the highest combine SPARQ rating in Byron Jones, but they were also targeting Bud Dupree. Last year they were targeting Shazier and Donald, both those players also had high SPARQ ratings.

I read the Cowboys have their own measure of athleticism similar to SPARQ that informs their scouting process. I wonder if the Steelers have their own proprietary metric as well.

cajunator

Banned
somebody explain this whole Joss whedon/SJW thing because I like Whedons work and I(m utterly confused at why people are mad at AOU.

Rorschach

Another Raiders cut, Kevin Boothe. Former Giant, I wonder if they would bring him back for depth. I would certainly welcome him for cheap, versatile guy that can play 3 spots.

Raiders are releasing OL Kevin Boothe. Nine-year veteran appeared in nine games for the team last year. Could get a look elsewhere.
Raiders' "everything must go" liquidation.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Noticing the same trend with the Cowboys. They drafted a player with the highest combine SPARQ rating in Byron Jones, but they were also targeting Bud Dupree. Last year they were targeting Shazier and Donald, both those players also had high SPARQ ratings.

I read the Cowboys have their own measure of athleticism similar to SPARQ that informs their scouting process. I wonder if the Steelers have their own proprietary metric as well.

I wouldn't doubt it. I also think the Steelers would've taken Jones had Dupree not been on the board.

MechDX

The #Texans have agreed to a contract extension with Whitney Mercilus.-Twitter.

And there it is. Want to see numbers since his option would have been 8 million next year

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Howd he look? Pats need a lot of help on the inside, wonder if they'd give him a look.

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 1m1 minute ago
For the #Texans and DE Whitney Mercilus, it’s a 4-year deal worth $26M with $10.5M guaranteed. He gets this and no fifth-year option.

Not bad.

Don't know how to act. Kareem Jackson, Newton (RT) and Mercilus all resigned. We usually let our free agents walk off to Philly and become all stars

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The #Texans have agreed to a contract extension with Whitney Mercilus.-Twitter.

And there it is. Want to see numbers since his option would have been 8 million next year

Wasn't Mercilus the start of eznark shitting on you because he hated Mercilus and Ron Zook with a passion?

I can't remember anymore!

MechDX

Wasn't Mercilus the start of eznark shitting on you because he hated Mercilus and Ron Zook with a passion?

I can't remember anymore!

I don't know. I barely remember yesterday.

Doesn't EZ shit on everyone basically? Except FMT who would be the only one here who would enjoy it

How is everyone doing on this fine evening? Finally found out who the Seahawks drafted. Hopefully the road back to the SB for a 3rd straight year is actually do-able.

Jaguars has had 3 really good drafts in a row. Now it's time to turn that talent into wins. They won't be an easy win this year. They do have a stretch where they play 6 of 7 games away from Jacksonville.

god damn i fucking hate xbox one. everyone of my streaming services is a piece of shit and thats the only reason i have it! (that and killer instinct)

why are all of my streaming services smooth on ps4 and trash on xbone? why can't slingTV be on ps4 :(

MechDX

Mech thanks for reminding me!

I knew something didn't seem right. Why haven't we signed any Texans FAs this offseason?

Because someone abducted and replaced the Texans front office with competent people who actually resign their talent

And even after all the signings this year we will be in GREAT shape next off season

Grading draft picks before they've played a down in the NFL is literally the most fruitless exercise one can do.

In other news, not looking too hot for Cleve Destiny at the moment.

Top Bottom