• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The early 90s doesn't count?

We were barely above mediocre once Magic retired and had to convince ourselves that Cedric Ceballos was going to win us a championship (which we did quite easily).

Lakers didn't even miss the playoffs twice in a row then!

cajunator

Banned
I'm sorry. That must suck.

Its getting better cause now the new trainee is mostly self sufficient so I just come to work and play on my phone most of the night. I just make sure she doesnt fuck anything up because im responsible for it.
this job requires about a year of experience to get comfortable with it.

Malalaw

Its getting better cause now the new trainee is mostly self sufficient so I just come to work and play on my phone most of the night. I just make sure she doesnt fuck anything up because im responsible for it.
this job requires about a year of experience to get comfortable with it.

Sounds relaxing as hell. I'm looking for another job now. Way too stressed out now. Need a change.

cajunator

Banned
Sounds relaxing as hell. I'm looking for another job now. Way too stressed out now. Need a change.

Not really. That is only for 2 days of 9. Typically I am 100% in control of everything and its everything except relaxing.
Also thats only temporary. Next week I might not even have to come in extra.

cajunator

Banned
I'm jelly of Cajuns job. Seems stable and secure, with plenty of fuck off time

Stable yes. Secure maybe. Fuck off time highly variable. Depends on how many problems arise and how much stuff I can take care of ahead of time.
it ranges from barely being able to take a bathroom break all night to being able to watch most of a movie.

bionic77

Lakers didn't even miss the playoffs twice in a row then!
We were mostly mediocre or choking, even after Shaq and Kobe though those early teams were stacked, until Phil came.

You also neglected to mention that Magic had like 14 comebacks followed by his retirements and his attempt at coaching. That was traumatic!

Crisco

Banned
I'm excited about the training camp competition this year. Gonna be more talent on the practice field than at probably any point in this team's history. Dudes who started last year will probably get cut before the end of camp. Should make everyone better.

Maxwell, Murray, Thurmond, Mathews, and five black players drafted. He cut Todd Herremans (honorary black), and Trent Cole, then traded Foles (honorary black) and McCoy.

I guess that means he's still up by five? I guess Chris Polk leaving of his own free accord counts as another? Who am I missing?

But real talk I think McCoy means black as in not Russel Wilson black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX6k5tRzDuU

ovrwx.gif

MechDX

I asked a league insider & he told me teams were scared because La'el Collins SUPPOSEDLY had threatening texts to the woman.--Twitter

Smart.

Well's report didn't find a fucking thing.

Based on the evidence developed in connection with the investigation and summarized in this Report, we have concluded that it is more probable than not that New England Patriots personnel participated in violations of the NFL Playing Rules and were involved in a deliberate attempt to circumvent those rules. In particular, we conclude that it is more probable than not that Jim McNally and John Jastremski participated in a deliberate plan to circumvent the rules by releasing air from Patriots game balls after the examination of the footballs by NFL game officials at the AFC Championship Game. We believe that McNally and Jastremski were aware that the inflation level of the Patriots game balls following pre-game inspection by the game officials would be approximately 12.5 psi and planned for McNally to deflate the balls below that level following the pre-game inspection using a needle provided by Jastremski. Based on the evidence, we also have concluded that it is more probable than not that Tom Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls.73
We do not believe that the evidence establishes that any other Patriots personnel participated in or had knowledge of the violation of the Playing Rules or the deliberate effort to circumvent the rules described above. In particular, we do not believe there was any wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots ownership, Head Coach Belichick or any other Patriots coach in the matters investigated. We also do not believe there was any wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots Head Equipment Manager Dave Schoenfeld.

Report basically says they know the patriots personnel did it, but none of the upper management knew or condoned it.

Top Bottom