• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

I mean on paper it's all just circumstantial... but again only a blind fanboy would say otherwise. I'm still praying for some miracle some sort of explanation, but there simply isn't.

Exhibit AAAZ x 10^5:

But he didnt have to give them his phone. He probably should have but he didnt have to.

And those texts dont really prove anything definitively.

The text are pretty damming though, even you can admit that gata. And yes if he wanted to clear his name and the pats and had NOTHING to hide then yeah he should have turned it over. But he didn't. Like the report says, it's more then probable that Tom was aware and involved. But hey if you want to just deny everything, be my guest.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
holy shit lmao

Funny right? I don't want to watch a shady cheater lead the team I root for? This is significantly worse than spygate IMO. I'm still a pats fan, I'm horribly disappointed with Tom Brady. He didn't need to do it, but he did. Barry Bonds would've been a hall of famer without becoming a gigantic monster of a man, but he did. It's that simple.

Miami also has the advantage of no income tax and because Collins can only get the minimum of 1.53 Million (I think) for being an UDFA he might consider the Dolphins over another team just for the money alone. Reducing Tannehills sacks by half would be amazing.

bionic77

uhh honestly for now unless some miracle yes i do, at least as a Tom Brady fan. This is devastating news not much else to say. I really feel stuck in limbo here, not sure how it'll feel watching Tom out there on Sundays, kind of hope they just move on from him, but honestly that won't happen. Again unless something changes, this looks the worst, and It's devastating, I feel until Tom's gone, I won't really have a team to watch.
One of us!

P.S. Its pretty awesome being on of the good guys. Now you don't have to be associated with Gata or the other thugs and lunatics that make up Pats fandom.

It's incredible how the Pats overcame using regular footballs to beat the Seahawks.
I am sure they totally stopped cheating for the Superbowl.

Crisco

Banned
La'el can play tackle for the Panthers.

I'm not so sold on either of the penciled in starters at LT or RT (Oher and Remmers respectively) that Collins couldn't come in and win the starting job in training camp.

But considering we are the franchise of Carruth and more recently Greg Hardy, I don't think that's a bridge Richardson's willing to cross just yet.

Yeah agreed, I want the paternity test to totally clear him, but so far sounds like he has a pretty solid alibi.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What other NFL team has been the subject of so many investigations and rule changes?

Where there's smoke there's fire.

Respect

Welp...

Chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Which is why Edelman kept playing despite most likely having a concussion.

this is bias on the otherside that flies out. let's not pretend this doesn't happen everywhere and visibly so... hell heath Miller and big ben played clearly concused a few games earlier.

Colasante

I'd honestly be fine with the NFL suspending Brady for week 1. I don't think the report gave any evidence of proof, but there is enough circumstantial evidence that he should be punished in some way, at least according to NFL precedent. And we'd all get to see Jimmy Garoppolo style on the Steelers in primetime, so it's really a win-win all around.

Patriots7

I never said I wasn't a pats fan lol reading comprehension. I said it'll be tough to watch Tom out there, it's shady, he's a known cheater nothing you can do. Others cheat, he got caught it sucks and it was very questionable.

I also have left the door open for some sort of explanation. As many have pointed out I'm reactionary, that being said unless you're a blind bias pats lover, it's incredibly damning.
"Based on the evidence, we also have concluded that it is more probable than not that
Tom Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and
Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls."

That is not incredibly damning. That's actually fairly weak.

I concede I wish Tommy gave up his phone and email so we wouldn't have had this debate, but if Wells had access to the emails, phones, etc of the two people he claims are responsible, and couldn't find a single lick of evidence linking Tommy to it, I don't know.

Colasante

"Based on the evidence, we also have concluded that it is more probable than not that
Tom Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and

I concede I wish Tommy gave up his phone and email so we wouldn't have had this debate, but if Wells had access to the emails, phones, etc of the two people he claims are responsible, and couldn't find a single lick of evidence linking Tommy to it, I don't know.

Wells is just angry he didn't get to see any naked pictures of Giselle on Tom's phone.

20150201__brady-trophy~p1.jpg

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

what you linked is not damning... the text messages are beyond damning.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Which text message, exactly? I'm reading the report now and I have yet to see any that actually are incriminating...

Shout out to JABEE though. The man called it.

wait until you read it. i dont know how anybody can deny how incriminating it is.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
La'el can play tackle for the Panthers.

I'm not so sold on either of the penciled in starters at LT or RT (Oher and Remmers respectively) that Collins couldn't come in and win the starting job in training camp.

But considering we are the franchise of Carruth and more recently Greg Hardy, I don't think that's a bridge Richardson's willing to cross just yet.

The Pats want him and they just had a guy convicted of murder. Anything beyond two weeks ago is forgotten.

LQX

Wow if the rumors of Chip Kelly heading to the Titans are true. This guy deserves to be tarred and feathered if it happens after trading and getting rid of key players.

LQX

Chip Kelly was unable to pull off the blockbuster trade in order to bring his former Ducks quarterback Marcus Mariota to the Eagles. But maybe he won’t have to.

So now that the Mariota to the Eagles rumors are dead, bring in the Kelly to the Titans rumors.

According to Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk, some people around the league believe that Kelly will be moving on from the Eagles.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-p...ly-destined-eventually-coach-tennessee-titans

http://philadelphia.suntimes.com/ph...mbles-eagles-coach-chip-kelly-heading-titans/

ampere

Wow if the rumors of Chip Kelly heading to the Titans are true. This guy deserves to be tarred and feathered if it happens after trading and getting rid of key players.

l m f a o

I don't believe it, but holy shit these Chip Kelly related rumors are amazing.

Top Bottom