• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Even though I live in Seattle with ton of bars and unique beers I don't know shit about beer either. I just drink what the homies tell me.

Finally built up enough courage to watch the Russell Wilson piece on HBO. Sigh... they kept showing that play =(, but looks like Russell is getting jacked this summer. He seems to be hitting the gym hard.

MechDX

CEX8ca-WMAAleQP.jpg:large

Smh, almost on Page 2.

Morning chaps, chappettes and gatas. Contract exam starts in an hour, forgot what a ballache all of this was. Old man brain is not cut out for this shit.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Remember when hammer said he'd renounce his fandom and sell all his Bucs crap if Winston was drafted?

So, who you gonna squicken over to, bro?

Hammer24

Banned
Remember when hammer said he'd renounce his fandom and sell all his Bucs crap if Winston was drafted?

So, who you gonna squicken over to, bro?

I´m still very optimistic that dude will be in jail come start of the season.

Edit: But hey, you could give me some tips - how did you cope with OJ on your team?

Broank

Is deflating balls even a big deal where they would suspend? I thought the rule was a small fine (and the other teams that were caught 100% on video tampering with balls weren't even fined lol)

I mean if they cared about it that much that less than one psi off is a big scandle they should just have a non team person keep all the balls is a safe and check them periodically or something rather than just having refs clumsily checking them before games and forgetting about it. Heck according to the report the colts balls were under the rules in the first half too and the Patriots balls were over inflated according to the rules in the second half.

Is deflating balls even a big deal where they would suspend? I thought the rule was a small fine (and the other teams that were caught 100% on video tampering with balls weren't even fined lol)

I mean if they cared about it that much that less than one psi off is a big scandle they should just have a non team person keep all the balls is a safe and check them periodically or something rather than just having refs clumsily checking them before games and forgetting about it. Heck according to the report the colts balls were under the rules in the first half too and the Patriots balls were over inflated according to the rules in the second half.

It's not about the pressure of footballs, it's about the Patriots deliberately going behind the refs backs.

It's not about the pressure of footballs, it's about the Patriots deliberately going behind the refs backs.

And probably more so that Brady tried to obstruct the investigation and then lied to investigators about who he did/didn't know, would lead me to believe the punishment would be much worse than just a fine.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think they probably need to suspend Brady for a game or two at minimum. Otherwise you're going to have a lot of salty players who already resent QBs being treated like royalty.

Hammer24

Banned
I think they probably need to suspend Brady for a game or two at minimum. Otherwise you're going to have a lot of salty players who already resent QBs being treated like royalty.

When you read the wording, they use so much lawyer-speak that I´d be very surprised if the get more than a slight slap at the wrist.
We have to be satisfied to add another...

asterix2.gif

...to their titles.

Broank

Forgive me if Im wrong but I read a few other teams last year that doctored balls on the sideline for cold or wet games weren't even fined. Just sent a don't do that anymore letter.

Going from that to getting suspended because maybe they were deflated less than one psi off just seems kinda crazy. Especially with how vague and inconclusive the tests and everything in the report was.

Crisco

Banned
When you read the wording, they use so much lawyer-speak that I´d be very surprised if the get more than a slight slap at the wrist.
We have to be satisfied to add another...

asterix2.gif

...to their titles.

Not necessarily. Official NFL policy uses some of the exact same phrases found in the Wells report, like "more probable than not", to define the necessary amount of proof for administrating a penalty. It's written that way so they can still punish people for things they were found not guilty of in a criminal court. In other words, it's a lower threshold than "Beyond all reasonable doubt".

Top Bottom