• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

cajunator

Banned
I feel like enjoyment at work is inversely related to how much control others have over your work.

All my bosses care about is how much money I bring home to them at the end of the year. I could not show up for work for 5 days and they would not care as long as shit got done. That makes for a great job environment.

I have worked for some real cunts in the past and it definitely makes you miserable. I would turn down a little more money for a happier work environment. Of course it can change in a flash if your boss or circumstances change so if you enjoy your job appreciate it!

It used to be the guy in charge was a former dispatcher and terminal manager, so he knew what we dealt with and could even sub in for a few hours if necessary. He didnt look down on us because he understood what we did and how it had to be done. When he moved on they replaced him with some assholes who have no idea hwat itsl ike in here, said our jobs are "so easy anyone off the street could do it" but funny how we are having such a hard time finding osmeone "off the streeT" to last as a dispatcher for more than a month. Had three people quit or get fired in the past couple months. Its not a job you just learn overnight and these fuckers dont realize or care about that. They try to expediate the training process cutting corners and then get mad at us when new people arent trained sufficiently. It takes over two months to get acclimated and then at least a year of on the job experience to really grasp it. and even then you dont know everything that comes up. The new bosses are completely ignorant to how it works and trying to implement a bunch of shit that either doesnt work or makes the job more difficult than it ever has to be (Ive been here 13 years and I know what works)

Godslay

Banned
When are we kicking off the mock draft? Tbh I'm not sticking around to compare hairstyles, although Jak keeping it real is great.

Milchjon

Tbh I'm not sticking around to compare hairstyles, .

image.php

Please don't encourage jak's drinking!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Ah. I'm Game Crazy alum.

I think we may have been related once because I was worked there for a year!

It was probably way more fun than working at Gamestop would have been but it definitely got to the point where if you came in to just buy a new game that you didn't preorder and didn't care to preorder anything, I kinda just wanted you to go buy it at Walmart.

bionic77

It used to be the guy in charge was a former dispatcher and terminal manager, so he knew what we dealt with and could even sub in for a few hours if necessary. He didnt look down on us because he understood what we did and how it had to be done. When he moved on they replaced him with some assholes who have no idea hwat itsl ike in here, said our jobs are "so easy anyone off the street could do it" but funny how we are having such a hard time finding osmeone "off the streeT" to last as a dispatcher for more than a month. Had three people quit or get fired in the past couple months. Its not a job you just learn overnight and these fuckers dont realize or care about that. They try to expediate the training process cutting corners and then get mad at us when new people arent trained sufficiently. It takes over two months to get acclimated and then at least a year of on the job experience to really grasp it. and even then you dont know everything that comes up. The new bosses are completely ignorant to how it works and trying to implement a bunch of shit that either doesnt work or makes the job more difficult than it ever has to be (Ive been here 13 years and I know what works)
Those guys are definitely Pats fans.

I got your back.

You tell those bastards that their time is up. Tell them that the law is coming.

You tell 'em I'M coming... and hell's coming with me!

So, Pack-GAF, if there were any thoughts on us bringing back Raji and Guion, I missed them.

My interpretation is that we're desperate for size in the front 7, and in our desperation have resorted to bringing back a past his prime (his prime was 6 games long) pushover and a possibly crazy drug runner.

The good news is that our character issue guys are cheap.

Those guys are definitely Pats fans.

I got your back.

You tell those bastards that their time is up. Tell them that the law is coming.

You tell 'em I'M coming... and hell's coming with me!
:jnc

Someone came into the ER that had a "Do Not Resuscitate" order in their medical file (these are people that are usually on death's door and their quality of life has diminished to the point where they have made the choice that they essentially don't want medical intervention). However, this guy had an automatic defibrillator built into his chest that would shock the heart whenever it stops...and maybe brought him back? MRSA wasn't clear on this. Another key element was that apparently the ER was missing the equipment to stop this from happening.

Tebow blesses and thanks you. Yea I wasn't clear on the someone getting sue part. Explain yourself MRSA!!!

Someone came into the ER that had a "Do Not Resuscitate" order in their medical file (these are people that are usually on death's door and their quality of life has diminished to the point where they have made the choice that they essentially don't want medical intervention). However, this guy had an automatic defibrillator built into his chest that would shock the heart whenever it stops...and maybe brought him back? MRSA wasn't clear on this. Another key element was that apparently the ER was missing the equipment to stop this from happening.
Also medical professionals who have seen enough people permanently mutilated by life-saving measures to say "fuck it, when it's time, it's time".

St.Louis no longer planning to help build a new stadium. Rams to LA
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...e-9fb7-a3552672ff4a.html#.VRsFU-azDSc.twitter
Here some of the column.
This is an incorrect interpretation. Not your fault, St Louis's fault for having a confusing naming scheme.

Basically, St Louis City is its own county, and St Louis County is a totally separate county right next to it. This is about St Louis County not having to chip in on a (hypothetical) stadium in St Louis City. Which is actually pretty reasonable, since it's supposed to be downtown.

However! The Rams are still gonna leave.

Slo

DNRs terrify me. The idea of me having to inspect a legal document over a person who's actively dying and trying to figure out if I'm legally obligated/prevented from doing CPR scares the shit out of me.

DNRs terrify me. The idea of me having to inspect a legal document over a person who's actively dying and trying to figure out if I'm legally obligated/prevented from doing CPR scares the shit out of me.
Some people get it tattooed for this reason!

MechDX

Texans are trying to resign Antonio Smith. The Texans play the Bills this year.

Antonio can finish his issue with Incognito.

#FinishHim!

MRSA

Banned

They're not difficult to read

40.jpg

Of course the biggest bullshit is that it can be revoked at anytime by whoever has power of attorney, there's a family that regularly puts their mother on hospice then revokes hospice and gets her admitted to the hospital. I don't think they understand what "hospice" means.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I've seen hospice first hand.

I'd rather die in a hospital than force that on my family.

My dad not only chose hospice but waited far too long to utiilize it before he passed putting much of the burden on my sister.

We all saw this as a lesson to go to a damned assisted living when the time comes instead of burdening your kids.

MRSA

Banned
zoll-autopulse_11224348.jpg

We don't have one at the current hospital I'm at but I've seen it used before and its literally like watching a fish flop around outside of water its that violent.

Top Bottom