• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

I hope the animu never come back.

large.gif

Slo

They're not difficult to read

40.jpg

Of course the biggest bullshit is that it can be revoked at anytime by whoever has power of attorney, there's a family that regularly puts their mother on hospice then revokes hospice and gets her admitted to the hospital. I don't think they understand what "hospice" means.

OMG CALL 911 GRANDMA IS DYING OMG OMG OMG
SAVE HER!
DON'T SAVE HER! SHE'S GOT A DNR!
OMG SHE'S DYING GRANDMA's DYING!
"Well let's see here. *adjusts monocle*. Yes. Yes. Uh hmm. Everything here seems to be in order. Wait,, is this a valid signature from a licences medical professional? Is the person screaming for us to save her acting as power of attorney? Does she have legal documentation to prove that? No? Well then I don't intend to administer CPR unless documentation can be provided. "

MRSA

Banned
SAVE HER!
"Well let's see here. *adjusts monocle*. Yes. Yes. Uh hmm. Everything here seems to be in order. Wait,, is this a valid signature from a licences medical professional? Is the person screaming for us to save her acting as power of attorney? Does she have legal documentation to prove that? No? Well then I don't intend to administer CPR unless documentation can be provided. "

If that POLST was signed by grandma or collectively decided why would you argue with it other than selfishness?

My DNR would say no CPR, administer fentanyl, then dilaudid, then versed. I'd go out high as fuck.

Talon

There was a pretty interesting Radiolab a few years ago about DNRs and how physicians overwhelming choose to have DNR orders.

They also went into how media portrayals of life and death situations in hospitals severely skewing the public's perception of the efficacy of defribs + cpr.

Also, today I learned about hypothermic surgery from the ladyfriend. They basically put the body at a certain temperature (it's only like 30~ celsius, I think), so the body stops metabolizing and they can interrupt blood flow to vital organs. And it's super common.

We live in a crazy world.

Slo

If that POLST was signed by grandma or collectively decided why would you argue with it other than selfishness?

My DNR would say no CPR, administer fentanyl, then dilaudid, then versed. I'd go out high as fuck.

Look son, I didn't join this department to read legal documents. I joined this department to put out dumpster fires and get cats out of trees.

Malalaw

So whats everyone doing Good Friday?

Work doesn't count.

I will be getting drunk and eating crawfish etouffe. Maybe boiled too.

MRSA

Banned
Raiders released Antonio Smith. Their best interior pass rusher. Would have been rotational this year, but still don't like it. Cool dude too.

Dude was terrible against the run, $4 mill is a lot to be paying for a situational guy. Let your young guys play and develop, not like the Raiders are going to be contending for a Super Bowl. Especially since it looks like the JDR is going double NT defense, I'd bring in Red Bryant to relieve Jelly Bean or Dan Williams. Stacy McGee might have a bounce back season.

If somehow Leonard Williams falls to #4 I don't see how the Raiders don't grab him. I can see him developing into Kevin Williams or even a Richard Seymour type of player.

There was a pretty interesting Radiolab a few years ago about DNRs and how physicians overwhelming choose to have DNR orders.

They also went into how media portrayals of life and death situations in hospitals severely skewing the public's perception of the efficacy of defribs + cpr.

Also, today I learned about hypothermic surgery from the ladyfriend. They basically put the body at a certain temperature (it's only like 30~ celsius, I think), so the body stops metabolizing and they can interrupt blood flow to vital organs. And it's super common.

Along the same lines, this article kinda blew my mind:
http://nautil.us/issue/22/slow/how-to-turn-your-dog-off

Scifi is real.

MechDX

Raiders released Antonio Smith. Their best interior pass rusher. Would have been rotational this year, but still don't like it. Cool dude too.

Probably bought it himself.

I'm excited we are trying to bring him back. Talk is they are offering what they did last year before he signed with Oakland: situational rusher

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Fridge of Sadness.

SAVE HER!

I'd have to imagine that you'd have the right to assume that there's no DNR until proven otherwise in 99.9% of most cases though.

MRSA

Banned

I have never saved anyone who came in as a full arrest. CPR typically doesn't save anyone's life; its access to defibrillation to restart the heart is what's vital. I would say full arrest to ROSC only occurs maybe 5-10%.

We do the non-invasive hypothermia which involves cooling blankets, interventional radiology can snake a cath up your femoral vein and supply cold saline to your body. My understanding is that with any other inflammation that you want to ice it, in theory what you're doing is icing the brain.

Malalaw

not getting drunk but probably also eating lots of crawfish etouffee.

I have a weekend off for once. So nice making my own schedule. Gonna go visit the family and eat. Drinking because most of my cousins annoy the shit out of me and at least when I am drunk they'll be a lil more tolerable.

MRSA

Banned
My top five predictions:

1. Winston to Bucs
2. Mariotta to Titans/Swindle Iggles
3. Cooper to Jags
4. Williams to Raiders
5. Fowler to Redskins

zychi

Banned
Philly is one of the few places where he could develop as a QB.

Code:
2014	Nick Foles (8) / Mark Sanchez (8)
2013	Nick Foles (10) / Michael Vick (6)
2012	Michael Vick (10) / Nick Foles (6)
2011	Michael Vick (13) / Vince Young (3)
2010	Michael Vick (11) / Kevin Kolb (5)
2009	Donovan McNabb (14) / Kevin Kolb (2)

McNabb did fine, but I wouldn't want any of those other guys on my team.

Code:
2014	Nick Foles (8) / Mark Sanchez (8)
2013	Nick Foles (10) / Michael Vick (6)
2012	Michael Vick (10) / Nick Foles (6)
2011	Michael Vick (13) / Vince Young (3)
2010	Michael Vick (11) / Kevin Kolb (5)
2009	Donovan McNabb (14) / Kevin Kolb (2)

McNabb did fine, but I wouldn't want any of those other guys on my team.
The 2010 Mike Vick experience was legit, though. Dude was terrifying.

Top Bottom