• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

That is really odd. There was so much talk on ESPN/NFLN about him having that condition. Good for him that he doesnt.
The association will stick with him for his entire career. Just how it is I guess I

Mark Kaboly said:
Top TV markets for Draft were New Orleans (4.7), Birmingham(4.5), KC (4.4), Buffalo (4.3), Dayton(4.1), Jacksonville (3.6), Pittsburgh (3.5)
4:39pm - 29 Apr 13

2c204ede-820d-e211-b4bb-002655e6c126_original.jpg

bionic77

I was always more worried about his size then the condition of his back/neck. That shit is going to fail in 8-12 years anyways, even if you are perfectly healthy. The NFL is not good for your health.

We need to aggressively work this kid out with a productive and excellent diet so he can put on weight but keep his explosion. LeBeau needs a new toy in his defense as well and I hope he is the guy. Been too long since we had a game changer on defense.

Slo

It's been snowing here all night. Schools cancelled. About 10" on the ground so far. Alcohol supply is dwindling, and roads are impassable. I've poured Cheerios, water and yeast into the bath tub in hopes that they'll ferment and get me by until they're cleared.

I only hope I can hold out that long. Dark days ahead.

bionic77

It's been snowing here all night. Schools cancelled. About 10" on the ground so far. Alcohol supply is dwindling, and roads are impassable. I've poured Cheerios, water and yeast into the bath tub in hopes that they'll ferment and get me by until they're cleared.

I only hope I can hold out that long. Dark days ahead.
Where the fuck do you live where it is snowing that much in May?

Jeebus.

Even that shit smelling swamp Gator lives in is better than your hellhole.

MechDX

Todd Mcshay is an idiot:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth

Houston Texans

Best: Safety D.J. Swearinger, 57th overall

Most questionable: Receiver DeAndre Hopkins, 27th overall:

My thoughts: McShay says that Hopkins “delivered against subpar competition in the ACC and a lot of his big gains came on broken plays.”
I’m not going to downgrade him for other teams busting coverages. What I’ve seen and read suggests he’s got as good a chance as anyone available in this draft to help the Texans at the position right away.

All you have to do is click Youtube and watch that LSU game.

MechDX

Would you think he's an idiot if he praised someone your team picked up?

Hey bionic, it looks even more amazing now!

Every NFL insider said before the draft that Hopkins is the most complete and NFL ready WR in the draft and would not last until #27. But then to state he did not perform against top competition is just ridiculous. He was insane in that LSU game.

Outside of him playing extremely subpar during the 2012 season and the cap money he was taking up, here's another reason the Giants ended things with Boley:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ded-guilty-to-felony-child-abuse-in-february/

The New York Giants abruptly cut linebacker Michael Boley in February. Three days later, Boley was arrested for felony child abuse in Alabama.

TMZ has the details, and the report suggests that the arrest came as part of a plea deal between Boley and prosecutors. Apparently, Boley pleaded guilty to the felony charge as a grand jury was preparing to convene to take up the case.

The booking information mentions Section 26-15-3 of the Alabama Code, which makes it a felony for any adult to “torture, willfully abuse, cruelly beat or otherwise willfully maltreat any child under the age of 18 years” in the adult’s care.

As part of the plea, Boley entered a pre-trial diversion program. If he complies with all terms of the program, the charge eventually will be dropped.

Boley apparently was dropped by the Giants because they were aware of the situation. It’s possible that Boley has remained unsigned in part because other teams are aware of it, too.

His son was five years old at the time. Scumbag.

Draxal

Outside of him playing extremely subpar during the 2012 season and the cap money he was taking up, here's another reason the Giants ended things with Boley:

Still not as bad as Jeremiah Parker, but I think he trumps Tito Wooten as second most hated giant now.

Wasn't part of the reason that Atlanta go was because of a domestic violence charge against him by his wife?

Although, I think Keith Hamilton had a child abuse charge levied at him for beating up his son Darius.

BigAT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ded-guilty-to-felony-child-abuse-in-february/

Don't forget chronic injury problems too!

I don't really understand the handling of the case. If he really did it, you're going to let him completely erase the charge if he goes through this program? Seems lenient for a rather serious accusation.

bionic77

Don't forget chronic injury problems too!

I don't really understand the handling of the case. If he really did it, you're going to let him completely erase the charge if he goes through this program? Seems lenient for a rather serious accusation.
Family cases are all fucked up.

I wonder if someone else is going to sign him?

Wasn't part of the reason that Atlanta go was because of a domestic violence charge against him by his wife?
I seem to remember him being suspended his first year as a result of domestic battery charges, yeah.

EDIT: From the NY Daily News:

Boley was arrested that day, and according to Gwinnett County records, was charged with three counts of domestic battery for allegedly beating his wife, Chantelle.

Once a scumbag, always a scumbag apparently.

ChanHuk

Banned
Waiting is the hardest part, I was told I should be getting contacted soon for an interview by 2 people at the hospital, damn recruiters take forever.

Fantomex

That dude is pathetic man. What a jerk.

Waiting is the hardest part, I was told I should be getting contacted soon for an interview by 2 people at the hospital, damn recruiters take forever.

Hope you get that cal son. It's torture waiting to hear back.

bionic77

I was told that racism in the NFL is a thing of the past and that I was evil for even implying it.
It is not as bad as it seems to be in other countries (even Packer fans don't call black players monkeys), but it is not as good as it should be.

As always the midwest, south and Boston are holding us back.

Top Bottom