• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

but "on top" where? the seahawks aren't the best team in the NFL, they aren't the best team in the NFC and they aren't the best team in the NFC west.

Number 1 in cheating, fake crowd noice and free Adderal for all team members! There goes that title for the Pats as well, Deacon was right all along.

What some details of it, maybe I can help.

I dont know how good you are at figuring out movies but I have been trying for like ten years to figure out what movie this is from. This is a post I made on GAF years ago but no one could help me:

My favorite movie quote is for a movie that I have no idea what it is. It is on the For the Love of song Immerse. I have tried for years to figure out what movie it is from with no luck.

Have you any idea what it takes to kill a human being Mr. Weathers. I dont mean one brute bashing another brutes skull out of primitive passion. I mean the kind of measured dispassionate action that comes from absolute clarity of mind. It transcends rational thought. The kind of action that springs from absolute necessity unclouded by the restraints of concise, mercy, pity. The kind of action that allows one to take a common ordianry hammer, and with clinical precision Split a skull so cleanly that the cranium cracks right through the medulla. Allowing the claw of the hammer to be used to pry back the skull, while the subject remains alive, even aware. Such a man is to be envied, revered, and much feared, never paralyzed by impotence of will.

I dont know how good you are at figuring out movies but I have been trying for like ten years to figure out what movie this is from. This is a post I made on GAF years ago but no one could help me:

My favorite movie quote is for a movie that I have no idea what it is. It is on the For the Love of song Immerse. I have tried for years to figure out what movie it is from with no luck.

This quote, by John Hurt as Douglas Benoit, comes from a 1987 drama. Which movie features this quote? "Have you any idea what it takes to kill a human being, Mr. Weathers? I don't mean one brute bashing in another brute's skull out of primitive passion. I mean the measured dispassionate action that comes from absolute clarity of mind, transcends rational thought. The kind of action that springs from absolute necessity, unclouded by the restraints of conscience, mercy, pity. The kind of action that allows one to take a common, ordinary hammer and with clinical precision split a skull so cleanly that the cranium cracks right through the medulla, allowing the claw of the hammer to be used to pry back the skull cleanly, exposing the brain while the subject remains alive, even aware. Such a man is to be envied, revered, and much feared, never paralyzed by impotence of will."

From the Hip. The scene for this quote is where Douglas Benoit (John Hurt) expresses his superiority to his attorney Robin Weathers (Judd Nelson) in detailing how he murdered one of his students.

This quote, by John Hurt as Douglas Benoit, comes from a 1987 drama. Which movie features this quote? "Have you any idea what it takes to kill a human being, Mr. Weathers? I don't mean one brute bashing in another brute's skull out of primitive passion. I mean the measured dispassionate action that comes from absolute clarity of mind, transcends rational thought. The kind of action that springs from absolute necessity, unclouded by the restraints of conscience, mercy, pity. The kind of action that allows one to take a common, ordinary hammer and with clinical precision split a skull so cleanly that the cranium cracks right through the medulla, allowing the claw of the hammer to be used to pry back the skull cleanly, exposing the brain while the subject remains alive, even aware. Such a man is to be envied, revered, and much feared, never paralyzed by impotence of will."

From the Hip. The scene for this quote is where Douglas Benoit (John Hurt) expresses his superiority to his attorney Robin Weathers (Judd Nelson) in detailing how he murdered one of his students.

How did you find that? I have tried typing it in the internet hundreds of times in all different combos. I even tried emailing the band multiple times. My god that was fast. Thank you so much. I will get that movie and watch it right away. I love the song/quote so much it will be nice to have some context for it.

How did you find that? I have tried typing it in the internet hundreds of times in all different combos. I even tried emailing the band multiple times. My god that was fast. Thank you so much. I will get that movie and watch it right away. I love the song/quote so much it will be nice to have some context for it.

just typed the first sentence of your quote into google. it never fails!

FMT if you ever find yourself in Vegas I will buy you multiple beers for this. Thank you so much!

Edit: I swear I have tried each sentence individually with no luck. Damn I feel like an internet noob right now.

Milchjon

Brackets and personally I look for the parts with the most unusual words, like the sentence containing "medulla". Not sure if it was even necessary in this case.

Edit: I guess it wasn't.

anything for a fellow cowboy hater!

romodown-600x337.jpg

Well, at least he has a sense of humor about it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...honoring-fake-girlfriend?campaign=Twitter_atl

San Diego Chargers second-round draft pick Manti Te'o might never live down the "Catfish" scheme involving fake girlfriend Lennay Kekua, but he's at least rolling with the punches.

Maxim magazine took a tongue-in-cheek shot at the former Notre Dame linebacker last week, ranking Manti Te'o's Fake Girlfriend No. 69 in their annual "Hot 100" list. Maxim took the joke a step further earlier this week, inviting Te'o to the Hollywood party celebrating the list. To Te'o's credit, he didn't pass up the opportunity.
Draft signings
The New Orleans Saints' Kenny Vaccaro and Detroit Lions' Ziggy Ansah were the first of the 2013 NFL Draft first-round selections to sign. Follow all the moves right here. More ...

Maxim's editor-in-chief, Dan Bova, said he was "pleasantly surprised" that Te'o made an appearance.

"It seems like he has a good sense of humor about the whole thing," Bova said, via Yahoo! Sports, "which I think is the best way to handle a situation like that."

When Bova thanked Te'o for attending the party, the linebacker flashed a smile and replied, "Are you kidding me? This is great."

So I walked into my room, and I turned on the light, but when I did, an electric spark light up my room and now the power in my room is down. May or may not have jumped up like a little girl when it sparked.

I can just flip up the switch of the breaker and I'm all good again right? (This is a serious question, I'm that stupid).

So I walked into my room, and I turned on the light, but when I did, an electric spark light up my room and now the power in my room is down. May or may not have jumped up like a little girl when it sparked.

I can just flip up the switch of the breaker and I'm all good again right? (This is a serious question, I'm that stupid).

It should help.

MechDX

Yeah but my guess would be the switch has a short in it. Can potentially catch fire. Keep a bucket of water handy to put out the fire and you are good to go!

Yeah but my guess would be the switch has a short in it. Can potentially catch fire

In the light switch?

But if I turn the breaker back 'on' and leave the light switch in the off position, I should be fine right? Or do you think I need to leave the breaker as it is, and just call an electrician tomorrow morning?

I don't wanna die a fiery death. I still need to eat at Taco Bell for the first time!

Edit: A bucket of water? I have no clue if you're messing with me or you're being serious.

MechDX

In the light switch?

But if I turn the breaker back 'on' and leave the light switch in the off position, I should be fine right? Or do you think I need to leave the breaker as it is, and just call an electrician tomorrow morning?

I don't wanna die a fiery death. I still need to eat at Taco Bell for the first time!

Edit: A bucket of water? I have no clue if you're messing with me or you're being serious.

It was a joke. Damn! I wouldn't turn the breaker back on personally until the switch is replaced. The electrical wire is arcing and causing the breaker to trip. Every time it does that it sparks and can cause fire.

It was a joke. Damn! I wouldn't turn the breaker back on personally until the switch is replaced. The electrical wire is arcing and causing the breaker to trip. Every time it does that it sparks and can cause fire.

These kind of situations always make me wonder how in God's name I managed to not get myself killed after I moved out of my parents place.

squicken

squicken was right vol. 513

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...eveals-suicidal-thoughts?campaign=Twitter_atl

The complaint filed by Mario Williams in a Houston lawsuit over a $785,000 engagement ring accuses his ex-fiancee, Erin Marzouki, of gold-digging, alleging that she never intended to marry him.

Now Marzouki's attorney, Tony Buzbee, is firing back, citing the Buffalo Bills defensive end's emotional instability as the reason the engagement was called off.

"It was only after Ms. Marzouki refused to take him back that he became angry and filed this frivolous case," Buzbee said Friday, via the Houston Chronicle, after the sides couldn't reach a settlement in a three-hour mediation hearing.

Buzbee said Williams broke off the engagement at least five times. Buzbee also released a three-page series of text messages that Williams allegedly sent to Marzouki, showing the two-time Pro Bowl pick in a disturbed state.

"I took 3 hydrocodones this morning and no one knows," Williams allegedly texted Marzouki. "I'm going to take 2 more on the plane and fade away." He allegedly went on to text, "No money in the world should leave me with suicidal thoughts."

Marzouki, like Williams a former Houston Texans employee, responded, "You told me you're having suicidal thoughts. Clearly me & you don't need to talk after every mean thing you said to be, but I'm going to tell DD to call you or something BC you went above and beyond saying suicidal thoughts, taking pills. Someone that you trust needs to intervene."

Williams appears to be on the receiving end of bad legal advice. Texas law awards the engagement ring to a woman if a man breaks off the relationship. Williams stands to lose the ring while also taking a roundhouse blow to his reputation.

MechDX

Gaming side is going to be a complete disaster (even moreso than usual!) for the foreseeable future. Trolls. Trolls everywhere.

Ill just hide here while we discuss the faults of each teams quarterbacks while a scattering of JRPG talk makes me wonder what drugs everyone here is using

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Ah just saw MS' "It's all about the games thing". Guess that's a tacit admission they lost on specs

I figured integrated Kinect was going to kill what they could put in it.

Works for me since Sony first party studios have the best looking games most of the time anyway.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Oh, I'm pretty certain that the pc I'm building right now will stomp a PS4. I'm also pretty certain that a PS4 will stomp a XBoxU.

Top Bottom