• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

I think things will contract but not sure how much. You can already see it with the 3DS and Vita. The 3DS has been on fire and still had not been selling as well as the DS. And now the market can support 2 handhelds when last gen both sold a shitload.

I feel like this will be a repeat of the PS2 gen. One console gets all the sales and games and the other two are left fighting for scraps. But then again the PS2 started at 300. I feel like MS and Sony are starting at 400-500, which might not work this gen.

PS2 ain't happening again, for anybody. PS2 never had the competition these consoles will have out of the gate.

I think all three corporation's will be down over last generation when all is said and done. How much remains to be seen.

jakncoke

Banned
It' Friday Night. Don't any of you single people go out and like, do stuff?

Cant be going out if you have to work Saturday OT :|

Was suppose to be my first Saturday off in like 6 weeks, but the girl taking my spot didnt show today so supervisor assuming she not coming tomorrow so i get to come to work anyways..

These Cultural Anthropology and Post-Renaissance History notes aren't going to study themselves, buddy!

After my exams tomorrow I'm going out and getting thoroughly shitfaced. Happy birthday to me!

Greg

I went out twice in the middle of the week, so I'm just taking it easy and working on some tunes.

These Cultural Anthropology and Post-Renaissance History notes aren't going to study themselves, buddy!

After my exams tomorrow I'm going out and getting thoroughly shitfaced. Happy birthday to me!
It's past midnight here - good luck on the exams, and happy birthday!

Fantomex

I'm not single. My wife is sleeping next to me right now.

Mine is on the laptop

Cant be going out if you have to work Saturday OT :|

Was suppose to be my first Saturday off in like 6 weeks, but the girl taking my spot didnt show today so supervisor assuming she not coming tomorrow so i get to come to work anyways..

I used to not be as responsible

You so responsible. You disgust me.

New job is crazy busy, so I'm working from home tonight. Plus, the kids. Plus, I'm 30.

Plus you love Gaf.

You are a disgrace to this Community, should be out haulering at those hawt girls at your thrift store.

jakncoke

Banned
Mine is on the laptop

I used to not be as responsible

You so responsible. You disgust me.

Plus you love Gaf.

You are a disgrace to this Community, should be out haulering at those hawt girls at your thrift store.

I have to wake up at 6 to make it to work which starts at 645

Recap of the 2013 season if it goes exactly as players predicted.

NFC Championship Game

More than a month has passed since Adrian Peterson reduced Eric Dickerson’s single-season rushing record to ash. Peterson finished the season with 2,872 yards, but still, his disappointment was evident. “It was no biggie,” Peterson said following the Vikings’ Week 17 win. “I was actually hoping for 3,000, but I didn’t want to say anything. Nobody wants to come off like that guy, ya know?” In the divisional round win over Seattle, Peterson tallied another 426 yards on 62 carries. Minnesota has not thrown the ball since Week 9.

Peterson finished only two games with fewer than 100 yards — both against the Detroit Lions, who feature the most dominant defensive tackle duo professional football has ever seen. When asked whether he thought Ndamukong Suh was a dirty player, Peterson replied, “Not at all; there’s only a gap in your understanding. What you’re seeing is just someone who exists on a different physical plane.” On the first play from scrimmage, the collision between Peterson and Suh in the hole leaves a crater five feet deep and 10 feet across. Play is delayed an hour.

The game gradually gets away from Minnesota. Calvin Johnson had another historic season — one in which he broke his own receiving yards record, but still finished second in the league to Dwayne Bowe — and he’s having his way with the Minnesota secondary. The Vikings fall 31-0. They attempt no passes.

JNC

It's past midnight here - good luck on the exams, and happy birthday!

Technically my birthday isn't for another twelve days, but a co-worker who is two days older than me is leaving for Peru for post-grad stuff, and since summer school starts for me in ten days, we decided to celebrate early. Thanks for the good wishes. Pretty certain I'm gonna have to take College Algebra again, though. :/

JABEE

Bionic is going in on that Michael Jordan thread. Great stuff.

Also, started watching AD, really cool show. I'm up to like episode 8 of the first season.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ben had a rough end to the season because he threw Haley's offense in the trash. That's when the 3 and outs and sacks started increasing as well.

At the beginning of the season the Steelers were far and away the best team in the league on 3rd down.

I'm not going to defend Ben too much, but it's no coincidence that the offense went downhill after Adams got hurt (added to Gilbert, DeCastro and then Pouncey). The team could not run the ball and the pass protection was a 50-50 proposition. Roethlisberger isn't Peyton or Luck, he can't be the whole f'n show. So, is it his fault? Absolutely. But the qb's that can succeed with no running back, no offensive line and no big receivers, you can count on one hand. Ben isn't one of them.

It's actually why I have some optimism for the coming season. When the line came together last year and were mowing people over, it looked great. Now imagine that with an actual running back with the ball. Of course, DeCastro never looked all that good and Adams can't handle a good DE by himself, so it's probably misplaced.

The man speaks the truth.

Magic Penis > Michael Girlsname

Don't forget they needed to call in The Worm when Jordan got 2 lazy to go after his boards. Dude just threw up jumpers and ran back to play D. Great teammate tho!

Vyroxis

Banned
I just found out Moonshine Bandits and ICP are playing in the twin cities.

My common sense says HELL NO, but the white trash in me says 'Why the fuck not?'

I'm not going to defend Ben too much, but it's no coincidence that the offense went downhill after Adams got hurt (added to Gilbert, DeCastro and then Pouncey). The team could not run the ball and the pass protection was a 50-50 proposition. Roethlisberger isn't Peyton or Luck, he can't be the whole f'n show. So, is it his fault? Absolutely. But the qb's that can succeed with no running back, no offensive line and no big receivers, you can count on one hand. Ben isn't one of them.

It's actually why I have some optimism for the coming season. When the line came together last year and were mowing people over, it looked great. Now imagine that with an actual running back with the ball. Of course, DeCastro never looked all that good and Adams can't handle a good DE by himself, so it's probably misplaced.

That's it - Steelers had o-line issues all year. Not that I think much would have changed but if Ben had simply took what was given instead of holding forever like he likes the team would have won at least 2 more games.

I just found out Moonshine Bandits and ICP are playing in the twin cities.

My common sense says HELL NO, but the white trash in me says 'Why the fuck not?'

VQCRz_zps15fcc7d2.gif

holy smokes the new queens album is so good! plus i just saw a recent picture of josh's wife... wtf happened!

9b9582cc17cab6d8e485b54efa5ff322.jpeg

she's lookin' all sorts of good! for comparison:

brody-dalle-mobile-wallpaper.jpg

still not too shabby but you'd definitely double bag your dong before going in!

holy smokes the new queens album is so good! plus i just saw a recent picture of josh's wife... wtf happened!
still not too shabby but you'd definitely double bag your dong before going in!
Get away from Brody you sicko... I would fuck... Ohms god I love her rgrgrgr

Babies ruin womans

Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski will have a fourth arm surgery on Monday. But that’s three days away.

OK, two days and change.

Still, that’s time for plenty of living. And Gronk will be living it up one more time in Las Vegas.

Jumpseat.me, a jet-sharing service, circulated an email late Friday afternoon offering four seats on the private plane that will take Gronkowski a teammate to Nevada.

“This Saturday night, share a cabin and fly privately with Rob Gronkowski and Julian Edelman from Boston to Las Vegas for a last minute get away before Gronk goes for yet another surgery,” the email explains. “This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to spend time with a living Patriots legend. Gronk is offering 4 seats in the cabin.”

While there’s no reason to believe that Gronkowski’s penchant for partying caused or contributed to the infection that invaded his arm following his second surgery, he’s contributing to a perception that, if he would back off on the shirtless slam dancing and everything that goes along with it, he’d be healthy by now.

Then there’s the probability that Gronkowski needs back surgery. While he’s on his own time and he should be allowed to enjoy his life, he’s inviting criticism from folks who think he’s not taking his career seriously — especially when it appears that his career may be at a crossroads.

lulz

Top Bottom