• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

cdyhybrid

Though tbh, I'm not sure what the difference between the PS4/NextXbox/PC is now. Branding?

MHY1LN1.jpg

axaBguK.jpg

LcYZIin.jpg

I'm defo gonna build a PC rig next year** once the gen starts to get interesting

And by build one i mean have this girl I know build it for me

ari

Banned
The Wii u damage feels awfully like ps3s first few months. Except that sunhilegend is fucking awesome with gifs. Extraordanary.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

WedgeX

Banned
Annnnd...I'm drunk. Imperial Stouts are the best.

Also, buckethead, I have the perfect friend of the girlfriend for you. Who still lives in Michigan! No guarantees on being a cheesehead, however.

snes melting down royally over people trolling Nintendo is hilarious and terribly sad at the same time. Sad, because this is a grown ass man cheerleading for a company that hasn't done shit for him except take his money. But still hilarious to watch.

cajunator

Banned
The new Star Trek was amazing.
KHAAAAAN!

Yes. It was a perfect action movie.

snes melting down royally over people trolling Nintendo is hilarious and terribly sad at the same time. Sad, because this is a grown ass man cheerleading for a company that hasn't done shit for him except take his money. But still hilarious to watch.

When Nintendo is facing peril it often produces fucking amazing games. Hopefully this is the case. Complacent Nintendo is bad Nintendo.

bionic77

I think Nintendo getting stomped DC style is sad too but I agree that a grown man crying about it on the internet is even more sad. We still have still not replaced Sega. Now Nintendos home console is DOA. Square is even more fucked. And yet most people don't seem to give a fuck.

Something is fucked about the games industry when so many companies are dying or struggling. Not a good sign.

I think Nintendo getting stomped DC style is sad too but I agree that a grown man crying about it on the internet is even more sad. We still have still not replaced Sega. Now Nintendos home console is DOA. Square is even more fucked. And yet most people don't seem to give a fuck.

Something is fucked about the games industry when so many companies are dying or struggling. Not a good sign.

make gooder games

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I still believe in Phillip Rivers and the Rapist. I expect both to perform better next season.

Edit: I bought a Wii u for Metroid, Zelda, and 3d Mario. I think anyone who buys a Wii U to spend a decent chunk of their overall game time is going to be sorely disappointed.

Fantomex

Man, only time I've seen people this dedicated to a brand or cause is when they threaten a higher beer tax. You're righ,t these companies could care less about the consumer except for
Dat Cash.

effzee

I would argue that while Nintendo, or any corporation for that matter, doesn't care about you beyond your money, they do provide a service (entertainment) which is decent return.

Crying over them is stupid. Crying should be left for sports!

I'm a firm believer that this generation is going to be bad for the home console. Simply put, it's nearing irrelevancy. Portable hardware is getting close in power, more people are gaming on these platform than ever did with consoles, console games are flat out too expensive to develop unless the cost is spread amongst platforms. All three console makers have acknowledged that a machine that just plays games isn't enough anymore. I think this gen is gonna be a bloodbath. It started with Nintendo, but I doubt it will end there.

squicken

Jumpseat.me, a jet-sharing service, circulated an email late Friday afternoon offering four seats on the private plane that will take Gronkowski a teammate to Nevada.

“This Saturday night, share a cabin and fly privately with Rob Gronkowski and Julian Edelman from Boston to Las Vegas for a last minute get away before Gronk goes for yet another surgery,” the email explains. “This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to spend time with a living Patriots legend. Gronk is offering 4 seats in the cabin.”

One last party for Gronk

I still believe in Phillip Rivers and the Rapist. I expect both to perform better next season.

Edit: I bought a Wii u for Metroid, Zelda, and 3d Mario. I think anyone who buys a Wii U to spend a decent chunk of their overall game time is going to be sorely disappointed.

Rivers I think is done. Just can't move anymore and he's lost velocity. I think if Ben stays within Haley's system he can excel still, though he did have a rough end to the year last season

One last party for Gronk

Rivers I think is done. Just can't move anymore and he's lost velocity. I think if Ben stays within Haley's system he can excel still, though he did have a rough end to the year last season

Ben had a rough end to the season because he threw Haley's offense in the trash. That's when the 3 and outs and sacks started increasing as well.

At the beginning of the season the Steelers were far and away the best team in the league on 3rd down.

Greg

One last party for Gronk

I think we should all pitch in and buy Dutch a seat. With the condition that he boards shirtless.

bionic77

I'm a firm believer that this generation is going to be bad for the home console. Simply put, it's nearing irrelevancy. Portable hardware is getting close in power, more people are gaming on these platform than ever did with consoles, console games are flat out too expensive to develop unless the cost is spread amongst platforms. All three console makers have acknowledged that a machine that just plays games isn't enough anymore. I think this gen is gonna be a bloodbath. It started with Nintendo, but I doubt it will end there.
I think things will contract but not sure how much. You can already see it with the 3DS and Vita. The 3DS has been on fire and still had not been selling as well as the DS. And now the market can support 2 handhelds when last gen both sold a shitload.

I feel like this will be a repeat of the PS2 gen. One console gets all the sales and games and the other two are left fighting for scraps. But then again the PS2 started at 300. I feel like MS and Sony are starting at 400-500, which might not work this gen.

squicken

Ben had a rough end to the season because he threw Haley's offense in the trash. That's when the 3 and outs and sacks started increasing as well.

At the beginning of the season the Steelers were far and away the best team in the league on 3rd down.

You're right. first half of the year they were great at avoiding 3 and out

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=

edit: quite the tale of two halves for PITT

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=

Second half of the year they were awful on offense

Top Bottom