• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

It is absolutely a tax on the poor, that's for sure. But, the money generally does go to a service that directly supports them(education) and it provides a measure of hope.

Here in NC they are proposing taking the "education" out of the NC Education Lottery title because not too much of the money actually goes to education.

I bought three tickets for tonight. I usually buy 1 or 2 when the pot gets over $100M. When it's at $600M it's nice to dream big.

And bionic, you're a Steeler fan. If you support Ben then you gotta understand dreaming big. Those chicks he cornered were sconi sized!

Bout to get a root canal, come at me .

Man, there ain't no fucking dentists open on Saturdays where I live. I remember having to leave Miller Park a couple seasons ago puking and in extreme pain because I let a broken tooth get really infected. It was a Saturday and I had to wait till Monday for pain killers and antibiotics. Eventually had to get the tooth yanked along with all four wisdoms. That was a fun week.

drinking sam adams cherry wheat

Going tailgating next weekend with the bros for Crew-Pirates. Breaking out the Summer Shandy!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Here in NC they are proposing taking the "education" out of the NC Education Lottery title because not too much of the money actually goes to education.

I bought three tickets for tonight. I usually buy 1 or 2 when the pot gets over $100M. When it's at $600M it's nice to dream big.

And bionic, you're a Steeler fan. If you support Ben then you gotta understand dreaming big. Those chicks he cornered were sconi sized!

Here in NM, the lottery money goes towards giving every high school graduate a scholarship for college. It's fucking awesome, imo.

Here in NM, the lottery money goes towards giving every high school graduate a scholarship for college. It's fucking awesome, imo.

Wow that's fantastic. As a parent with teens staring at huge college bills coming down the pike, I would really support a system where the lottery assures them a scholarship.

ChanHuk

Banned
yeah along with that

I think he'll be a solid LT, not perennial all-pro like every Cowboys fan is hoping for. He's a freakish tackle but his technique definitely isn't there yet. Granted he's only what? 22?

I'd like to know this as well. One of my friends who is pretty much your standard AAA gamer is inexplicably buying an XL solely for this game. Great for me, because now I can get him Fire Emblem for his birthday and we can gush about common interests finally.

Eh its basically Farmville before Farmville. Its really a game you only play for 20 minutes a day.

Godslay

Banned
Wow that's fantastic. As a parent with teens staring at huge college bills coming down the pike, I would really support a system where the lottery assures them a scholarship.

Oil and gas money was used the same way in Wyoming when I went to school there. Good stuff, had to go to school in Wyoming though.

Fantomex

Man, there ain't no fucking dentists open on Saturdays where I live. I remember having to leave Miller Park a couple seasons ago puking and in extreme pain because I let a broken tooth get really infected. It was a Saturday and I had to wait till Monday for pain killers and antibiotics. Eventually had to get the tooth yanked along with all four wisdoms. That was a fun week.

Going tailgating next weekend with the bros for Crew-Pirates. Breaking out the Summer Shandy!

I feel your pain. I had a root canal that got infected and not even 6 ibuprofen were helping in the least bit. Vicoding helped for maybe an hour.

ChanHuk

Banned
I feel your pain. I had a root canal that got infected and not even 6 ibuprofen were helping in the least bit. Vicoding helped for maybe an hour.

Pft, vicodin does nothing for me. Norcos barely put a dent in my pain so its oxy or I'm miserable. Actually Tramadol works quite well for pain.....

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Pft, vicodin does nothing for me. Norcos barely put a dent in my pain so its oxy or I'm miserable. Actually Tramadol works quite well for pain.....

136162-650-366.jpg

Roto:
ESPN New York reports the Jets haven't "slammed the door shut" on adding another quarterback to replace David Garrard.
The free-agent market is barren, but one name that sticks out is Trent Edwards. Edwards was with new Jets OC Marty Mornhinweg in Philadelphia last season. Including the preseason, the 29-year-old completed over 68 percent of his passes and threw for four touchdowns. Edwards wouldn't be an option to start, but he knows the offense and could hold the clipboard for Geno Smith if the Jets are intent on dumping Mark Sanchez.
The Return.

I saw the first Star Trek in theater three weeks after it came out. Only about ten people in my theater on a Friday night. Great experience. I only dig large crowds when I see horror movies. Crowds there are generally more entertaining than the movie itself, and on the way out of seeing Paranormal Activity 4 my girlfriend and I struck up conversation with total strangers about how much it sucked.

jakncoke

Banned
I think only kids and old people go to morning movies.

Will probably be packed from 5pm-2am.

I can't wait to see it myself.

Yeah a lot of olds go early. Some people my age as well. And its almost always light theater so get a choice of seats. So behaved crowd + good seat = why i kinda try and go to 1 pm or so showings

Greg

Yeah a lot of olds go early. Some people my age as well. And its almost always light theater so get a choice of seats. So behaved crowd + good seat = why i kinda try and go to 1 pm or so showings
u old

Being at an awesome movie packed with people is the best.
I've never had a good experience with a packed theater.

kids, crunching, talking, cell phones, ogres sitting in front of me...

jakncoke

Banned
u old

In 3 months i'll be 25 :(

fake edit; I once sat in front of a guy that had to tilt his head 3 qtrs to the right and jerk pop corn into his mouth. Was for Skyfall, basically the last time i went to the flatter seated Atlas. Stadium seating ftw

JABEE

Going to see a movie in the Saturday or Sunday morning is great. The tickets are cheaper, there are less annoyances, and you have the rest of the day to do what you want when the film is over. You guys should try it.

Godslay

Banned

Going to see a movie in the Saturday or Sunday morning is great. The tickets are cheaper, there are less annoyances, and you have the rest of the day to do what you want when the film is over. You guys should try it.

Agree with both of you. I love going to movies on a rainy day as well.

Top Bottom