• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Wow. I remembered it looking better. How can CG animation look that bad? That was straight up garbage. I guess it does look better than the renders, but still garbage animation IMO!

Oh I don't disagree with you about madden being awful in how far they've come. The game is playable and I enjoy it but the exclusive contract has a) taken away competition and b) made ea cut development funding because the contract is so expensive. Everyone loses except the NFL (as usual!)

Godslay

Banned
Who is eligible?

I'm assuming those with codes, who preorder from Amazon. I think this confirms it...?

Anthony Stevenson
‏@EAnthonyS
@CavemanGamer @WhoIsDo I understand the confusion, but there is a unique code in EVERY box. You will def get access.

bionic77

Oh I don't disagree with you about madden being awful in how far they've come. The game is playable and I enjoy it but the exclusive contract has a) taken away competition and b) made ea cut development funding because the contract is so expensive. Everyone loses except the NFL (as usual!)
I know it won't happen but the one thing I want out of next gen is a generational leap in animation and physics. But the problem is most gamers are retarded and just want pretty shit on the screen and will deal with slightly warmed over PS2 gameplay. We didn't get it his gen and I am skeptical about next gen, but I really feel that even the retards would be onboard day one if it were to happen even at the expense of graphics. Just imagine how awesome Madden and Fifa could be if the animations and physics improved significantly?

If we can't get what I want I will settle for the ability to maim players I hate in and out of the game. WWE style on the Pats!

Fantomex

Preordered the 360 version, even though I don't have Xbox live. Thanks slay. Ill just go through the PC and connect it to my TV.

Milchjon

Pats fans are the worst.

iboxDz9p0BN607.png

bionic77

It was beyond belief how good it was. It takes Star trek to a totally different level. I used to like the old movies/shows but this was so bad ass, it was a great movie. I will cry if JJ doesnt make the next movie.
If he can do the same to Star Wars he should be elected to the nerd hall of fame.

For the record I loved the first Star Trek and can't wait to see the second.

I know it won't happen but the one thing I want out of next gen is a generational leap in animation and physics. But the problem is most gamers are retarded and just want pretty shit on the screen and will deal with slightly warmed over PS2 gameplay. We didn't get it his gen and I am skeptical about next gen, but I really feel that even the retards would be onboard day one if it were to happen even at the expense of graphics. Just imagine how awesome Madden and Fifa could be if the animations and physics improved significantly?

If we can't get what I want I will settle for the ability to maim players I hate in and out of the game. WWE style on the Pats!

slightly warmed over ps2 gameplay? i'd take madden 06 xbox/ps2 over madden 13. they took away vision cone, they took away man lock (i.e. i want carlos rogers to cover megatron no matter if megatron is lined up in the slot or on the outside or wherever), the defensive angle logic seems worse (maybe i'm looking back on the xbox/ps2 games with rose tinted glasses in that regard), they added dumb ass ball hawk (basically when the ball it in the air just hold Y or triangle and your defender will automatically go for the ball whenever it gets to its destination), they added dumb ass "let us make the tackle for you!" (by holding A/X as a defender the AI will take control of your guy while you hold the button down and go after the ball carrier).

like most genres, madden is trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator. welcome to the new world order :(

Fox318

If he can do the same to Star Wars he should be elected to the nerd hall of fame.

For the record I loved the first Star Trek and can't wait to see the second.
I have yet to see the new Star Trek but shouldn't the Acton movie be the star wars movies and not trek?

bionic77

I have yet to see the new Star Trek but shouldn't the Acton movie be the star wars movies and not trek?
Supposedly he was a huge Star Wars geek and tried to make Trek more like Star Wars. It is insane to think he could make something better than the OG trilogy but he should do better than the prequels and if he makes another Empire Strikes Back then I will vote for him for President.

bionic77

slightly warmed over ps2 gameplay? i'd take madden 06 xbox/ps2 over madden 13. they took away vision cone, they took away man lock (i.e. i want carlos rogers to cover megatron no matter if megatron is lined up in the slot or on the outside or wherever), the defensive angle logic seems worse (maybe i'm looking back on the xbox/ps2 games with rose tinted glasses in that regard), they added dumb ass ball hawk (basically when the ball it in the air just hold Y or triangle and your defender will automatically go for the ball whenever it gets to its destination), they added dumb ass "let us make the tackle for you!" (by holding A/X as a defender the AI will take control of your guy while you hold the button down and go after the ball carrier).

like most genres, madden is trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator. welcome to the new world order :(
Weirdly I felt the same way about Winning Eleven and Madden but my friends say I am crazy and I just assumed that it was nostalgia for me. Maybe things did get worse?

Online definitely get better on consoles though. It was so bad on PS2.

Fox318

Supposedly he was a huge Star Wars geek and tried to make Trek more like Star Wars. It is insane to think he could make something better than the OG trilogy but he should do better than the prequels and if he makes another Empire Strikes Back then I will vote for him for President.
Prep for a lens flare tax

Milchjon

Pats met up with Newtown kids yesterday:

More than 500 youngsters had pre-registered for Saturday's event, and even more registered Saturday at the event, according to the report.

Even Kraft participated, trying his hand at cornerback. Bill Belichick would love his owner's versatility. On one play, the 71-year-old Kraft lined up defending a youngster as Rob Gronkowski -- who will undergo a fourth forearm surgery Monday -- provided his best Tom Brady-impression. But the young receiver tripped over the owner's feet, leading onlookers and Gronk to emphatically call for a pass-interference flag on Kraft.

Please tell me there are videos of this!

Colasante

It's time for Pats fans to wake the up and realize how shit your teams is. You're going to be bottoms, at least Brady will be comfortable.

I'll admit I've been reading with slight trepidation about the Bills' new front office and apparently they have a ton of impressive young talent behind Whaley, so they'll probably be on the rise the next few years. I've also been impressed with Idzik's moves this offseason. I'll never fear Jeff Ireland though. He is an idiot.

Milchjon

Kraft taking cheap shots at Newtown kids. Wow.

A wise man (I think) once said "The only way to do nothing wrong is to do nothing at all". So where were you yesterday, when Mr. Kraft was out, busting his wrinkly ass to bring back hope to a devastated community?!?

3921101_o.gif

cdyhybrid

A wise man (I think) once said "The only way to do nothing wrong is to do nothing at all". So where were you yesterday, when Mr. Kraft was out, busting his wrinkly ass to bring back hope to a devastated community?!?

3921101_o.gif

I was busy not trying to injure children.

squicken

Pats suck

iMNFAaXPo0fq6.if

wuss-sidkvcda.gif

br-givp9d7j.gif

The funny part about this is the Rams ran the exact same play a couple of weeks later and their safeties still screwed it up. Granted, the Pats scored like 800 straight TDs right after that and the Rams gained 5 yards. But there are pretty bad flaws on that defense that will be exposed if Brady isn't keeping them in the lead constantly

Colasante

br-givp9d7j.gif

The funny part about this is the Rams ran the exact same play a couple of weeks later and their safeties still screwed it up. Granted, the Pats scored like 800 straight TDs right after that and the Rams gained 5 yards. But there are pretty bad flaws on that defense that will be exposed if Brady isn't keeping them in the lead constantly

Well, there were two rookie safeties playing that game after Chung and Gregory were injured, one of whom only played special teams in college. The defense gave up fewer big plays once Talib came in, Dennard was put into the starting lineup, and McCourty moved to safety. But the defense was pretty horrible throughout most of last year.

Milchjon

I don't think Pats fans in here claim that this team will be all that great. When they finally fail, it will have been years in the making. I thought last year would be the year, but hey, they still pulled off a AFCCG.

The only thing I hated was people acting like the Pats couldn't win anymore after the loss against the Ravens, when they made it to the AFC Championship game two years in a row and were a couple of plays away from another ring in 2011.

LJ11

I'll admit I've been reading with slight trepidation about the Bills' new front office and apparently they have a ton of impressive young talent behind Whaley, so they'll probably be on the rise the next few years. I've also been impressed with Idzik's moves this offseason. I'll never fear Jeff Ireland though. He is an idiot.

Yeah, Ireland's an idiot, but you can do the Dolphins a huge favor by winning the division, he won't survive a mediocre season after spending a lot of money in FA. Still, Ireland acquired some quality talent, and now they have two edge rushers instead of one. They're good up the middle, Jones is a good S, CB biggest question mark. Weapons on O, T may be an issue however.

QB's the difference right now.

Edit: I think the Pats are planning a spread to shred system, ground game is what they're looking to focus on. Look at Donald Jones, one of the best run blockers in football. WRs they drafted are good run blockers, they emphasized their blocking when talking about them. They want to run out of 4 WR sets instead of just going pass pass pass.

I don't have a headset, but I did pick up my brothers Fifa! I can play in about 20 minutes I think. Your GAF name including the underscores is your PSN right?

Also, I haven't played Fifa on the PS3 ever. So that's my excuse just in case I lose.
Yeah, the same as on here. I don't have a headset either after my dog chewed up the last one so don't worry about it. And the different console excuse is actually kind of valid, I played on 360 a time or two and it felt weird. If I lose my excuse is I'm American.

Top Bottom