• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

MechDX

I don't think Pats fans in here claim that this team will be all that great. When they finally fail, it will have been years in the making. I thought last year would be the year, but hey, they still pulled off a AFCCG.

The only thing I hated was people acting like the Pats couldn't win anymore after the loss against the Ravens, when they made it to the AFC Championship game two years in a row and were a couple of plays away from another ring in 2011.

So you are as good as Sanchez and the Jets!

I wish Schaub was as good as Sanchez :(

squicken

I don't think Pats fans in here claim that this team will be all that great. When they finally fail, it will have been years in the making. I thought last year would be the year, but hey, they still pulled off a AFCCG.

The only thing I hated was people acting like the Pats couldn't win anymore after the loss against the Ravens, when they made it to the AFC Championship game two years in a row and were a couple of plays away from another ring in 2011.

The AFC was poop last year. There was a huge falloff from the top to middle tier, and the AFCE in particular was bad. Eventually one of the bottom feeder teams is going to hit on the right leadership and make things harder. It will never be the Jets, but MIA and BUF will both certainly be better this year

MechDX

When was the last time the Texans pulled that off?

Read my spoiler. ;)

Revenge is coming...You have done pissed JJ off. He is bringing his Brady kryptonite:
628x471.jpg

Milchjon

The AFC was poop last year. There was a huge falloff from the top to middle tier, and the AFCE in particular was bad. Eventually one of the bottom feeder teams is going to hit on the right leadership and make things harder. It will never be the Jets, but MIA and BUF will both certainly be better this year

No one denies this.

Read my spoiler. ;)

Revenge is coming...You have done pissed JJ off. He is bringing his Brady kryptonite:
628x471.jpg

Your spoiler was too slow :p

squicken

Edit: I think the Pats are planning a spread to shred system, ground game is what they're looking to focus on. Look at Donald Jones, one of the best run blockers in football. WRs they drafted are good run blockers, they emphasized their blocking when talking about them. They want to run out of 4 WR sets instead of just going pass pass pass.

I'm curious how this will work. If the outside WRs aren't threats, then teams can still pack the middle of the field. Granted, the Pats have a great OL, but their offense is already very compressed with a Gronk. Danny can get deep better than Welker, but he's not exactly a deep threat, and can't be trusted to be healthy

Yeah, the same as on here. I don't have a headset either after my dog chewed up the last one so don't worry about it. And the different console excuse is actually kind of valid, I played on 360 a time or two and it felt weird. If I lose my excuse is I'm American.

Okay, I'm ready. I'll add you now.

What team you playing with so I can adjust accordingly.

EDIT: MOTHERFUCKER...EA has an online registration code system nowadays...Can I still play you this way?

Edit 2.0: There is a 2 day trial, so for now, I can play you.

LJ11

Fun to troll the Jets but we all forget that a couple of years ago they went to two straight conference champ games, defeated quality QBs on the way there. Unlike the Pats who bested shitty comp the last couple of years.

Woody just has to stay out of the way, Rex needs to dump his players coach mentality and make tough decisions, personnel decisions can only get better. Need some more talent however.

Division should be a lot better in a couple of year, never know though. All 3 QBs can bust and the Pats reign continues.

squicken

Fun to troll the Jets but we all forget that a couple of years ago they went to two straight conference champ games, defeated quality QBs on the way there. Unlike the Pats who bested shitty comp the last couple of years.

Woody just has to stay out of the way,
Rex needs to dump his players coach mentality and make tough decisions, personnel decisions can only get better. Need some more talent however.

Division should be a lot better in a couple of year, never know though. All 3 QBs can bust and the Pats reign continues.

That's the thing, I don't think he can. They had lots of people turn down that GM job. Keeping Rex for one more year makes no sense. Even if he was the best guy on the board, taking a flier on a QB like Geno was dumb given the offensive talent. Rex is so good at defense he can keep them in games, but they have a multi-year project on the offense, and I'm not sure they aren't still going backwards

LJ11

I'm curious how this will work. If the outside WRs aren't threats, then teams can still pack the middle of the field. Granted, the Pats have a great OL, but their offense is already very compressed with a Gronk. Danny can get deep better than Welker, but he's not exactly a deep threat, and can't be trusted to be healthy

Gronk and Danny allow them to stretch teams horizontally, Gronk can get vertical as well. Speed outs, stick, whip routes, all game long. You're right that they'll have to constrain a D by hitting them over the top, but I really think they're going to try and run out of the spread sets instead of just passing when spread out.

If a team brings a safety down to get a numbers advantage in the run game then they're going to leave Danny or Gronk isolated. Still no idea what the new receivers can do, but I think they're going to try and run out of spread sets. You don't need to go deep too many times, just enough, question is can old man Brady hit it?

Last year they would just match personnel, if you went base they would flex the TEs and pass, if you went Nickel they would try to run. Amazing how simple it was at times, but teams couldn't match up. Some teams were actually able to stop the run out of Nickel, those that couldn't had long days.

I might be dead wrong, just a feeling I get looking at their personnel, players chose, and some of their comments. Dobson's a big boy, should be able to adjust and outjump guys, but that's easy to say now, he has to actually do it.

Dont most stores have a small grace window?

i've never heard of any store taking an opened (non defective) game back, even if you tried to return it the same day. i remember when i was a kid eb games/funcoland would let you return new, opened games within 7 days. those were the good times!

squicken

I might be dead wrong, just a feeling I get looking at their personnel, players chose, and some of their comments. Dobson's a big boy, should be able to adjust and outjump guys, but that's easy to say now, he has to actually do it.

Games I watched them closely were when they were destroying STL and HOU, and when they went nuts in that half vs SF. I wondered how anyone ever stopped them. Have to play man I guess and hope to hit Brady before the receivers get open

Makes sense what you are saying. So much of what Baylor did with RG3 was runs with Gannoway right up the gut. But they had that vertical element. I know Nike U likes the inside runs but I'm not sure how much they throw deep

Fuck Sony! Fuck EA! Fuck Fifa! Fuck Internet connections!

I just wanted to play some friendly games of FIFA with a Shirtless Bro, but nooooooo! God had to invent NAT types, not that anybody really knows what they are, and they had to fucking ruin it all.

I'm now eating icecream just to comfort myself, THANK YOU OBAMA!

Maybe it'll work on the Nextbox/Ps4, Darkest :(

I just wanted to play some friendly games of FIFA with a Shirtless Bro, but nooooooo! God had to invent NAT types, not that anybody really knows what they are, and they had to fucking ruin it all.

I second all of this. It just wasn't meant to be, I guess. :(

Unless next gen consoles are supporting upnp out of the box, you'll still have to port forward or use the DMZ settings in your router to circumvent NAT issues.

Do you have your PS3 statically assigned? Port forwarding setup for the PSN?

bionic77

Local Multi is best multiplayer.

Nothing beats telling the guy next to you how far you are going to stick it up his ass and then doing it (or not doing, even more hilarious)!

I second all of this. It just wasn't meant to be, I guess. :(

What do two shirtless bro's have to do to play some damn intercontinental games of FIFA?!

I had Internet connection problems before, but this is some next level fuck-uppery. Time for you to buy a Xbox! Or me finding a way to get a magic 'nat 1' connection.

Nothing beats telling the guy next to you how far you are going to stick it up his ass and then doing it (or not doing, even more hilarious)!

This is true, headset help though.

Unless next gen consoles are supporting upnp out of the box, you'll still have to port forward or use the DMZ settings in your router to circumvent NAT issues.

Do you have your PS3 statically assigned? Port forwarding setup for the PSN?

Honestly, this is like Chinese to me and I don't know Chinese :(.

What do two shirtless bro's have to do to play some damn intercontinental games of FIFA?!

I had Internet connection problems before, but this is some next level fuck-uppery. Time for you to buy a Xbox! Or me finding a way to get a magic 'nat 1' connection.
My router sucks and it gives me all kinds of trouble but I've found ways to make stuff work for the most part. NAT 2 just means it's a connection from a router to your PS3 which is generally the best, but even with that we just couldn't connect. I even went into my router and set up a DMZ for the PS3 like Future was talking about... still no luck.

I have a 360 but no FIFA and my Gold sub ran out, haha.

My router sucks and it gives me all kinds of trouble but I've found ways to make stuff work for the most part. NAT 2 just means it's a connection from a router to your PS3 which is generally the best, but even with that we just couldn't connect. I even went into my router and set up a DMZ for the PS3 like Future was talking about... still no luck.

I have a 360 but no FIFA and my Gold sub ran out, haha.

I'm the biggest dummy when it comes to routers. Routers are like girls to me, I can do stuff to them, but I have no idea what I'm doing and 9/10 times what I'm doing is wrong.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nori you need to come clean and tell us all why you hate Canada so much.

This secret has gone on long enough!

This is an intervention.

bionic77

Nori you need to come clean and tell us all why you hate Canada so much.

This secret has gone on long enough!

This is an intervention.
There is only two possible reasons. His dad was a deadbeat Canadian and left him and his mom or he wanted to stick his penis in some hot Canadian dude/dudette and they said no.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Per pft, only one member of the 2011 Detroit Lions draft class has yet to be arrested. :jnc
Good thing they're part of the best damn team that's ever won 4 games! :kas
Actually, only two of them are still on the team. :pathetic

Godslay

Banned
Per pft, only one member of the 2011 Detroit Lions draft class has yet to be arrested. :jnc
Good thing they're part of the best damn team that's ever won 4 games! :kas
Actually, only two of them are still on the team. :pathetic

I remember when a string of guys on the broncos got in trouble. It sucks, but the good thing is that teams learn not to take risks on talented dumbasses.

Shame I no longer have FIFA (or a console to play it on). I'd beat down on you scrubs with Borussia Dortmund.

I don't think Tebow approves.

Top Bottom