• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Fantomex

Only 50,000 copies available (100k total PS3 + 360), with this offer. It is available on Amazon today.

Slay, as far as the research I've done, if you already have directv you don't get anything. It's for new subscribers only. The legal language for the product keeps referring to offers for current "non-subscribers"

ChanHuk

Banned
Deal sucks for me. I can get directv I just choose not to. But for some reason fios isn't available to me.

I think I'll make up some bullshit saying my landlord won't allow for DirecTV because it looks ugly outside......I'm tempted.

WHAT AM I GOING TO HAVE FOR LUNCH?!

Godslay

Banned
Slay, as far as the research I've done, if you already have directv you don't get anything. It's for new subscribers only. The legal language for the product keeps referring to offers for current "non-subscribers"

From EA themselves, http://www.easports.com/news/article/anniversary-edition
If I already have a DIRECTV subscription, can I still get access?

If you are already a DIRECTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscriber, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password. If you are a DIRECTV subscriber, but don't receive Sunday Ticket you will be able to access NFL Sunday Ticket via mobile, tablet and computer by entering a special code included on the back of the insert in the box that will give you access to a 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet and mobile devices. This offer does not include access to the games through TV or console.

Can I use this service to access NFL Sunday Ticket on my PS3?

This service is available on your computer, mobile and tablet applications only.

If you have a PC with HDMI, just plug that shit into the TV, or stream it somehow to the TV.

effzee

Wait so if I live in an area that offers Direct Tv but I go with another provider all I get is $10 off monthly for the first year plus free 1 year of Sunday ticket? But if I decide not to switch I get nothing but a coupon essentially plus a $100 copy of Madden?

Wait so if I live in an area that offers Direct Tv but I go with another provider all I get is $10 off monthly for the first year plus free 1 year of Sunday ticket? But if I decide not to switch I get nothing but a coupon essentially plus a $100 copy of Madden?
That's what it sounds like.

Godslay

Banned

If you don't subscribe you get Sunday Ticket (for pc, tablet, mobile), and Madden. Which all put together is a pretty damn good value at $99.99.

Here's the details again...

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV –

1. For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

2. For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.

3. For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

effzee

If you don't subscribe you get Sunday Ticket (for pc, tablet, mobile), and Madden. Which all put together is a pretty damn good value at $99.99.

Here's the details again...

No doesn't it say if you don't subscribe BECAUSE direct tv isn't available for your area?

If its available to you but you choose not to get it you essentially pay $99 for Madden.

Also is this just for ps360 versions? What about PS4720 releases this year

JABEE

No doesn't it say if you don't subscribe BECAUSE direct tv isn't available for your area?

If its available to you but you choose not to get it you essentially pay $99 for Madden.

That's what I'm thinking. DTV is in my area. I'm not sure if that's just formal marketing copy or if your location and its options are not relevant.

I could hook up my laptop to my receiver to watch games.

What are some of your experiences with NFL Online Sunday Ticket, guys?

brentech

No. It states that there are multiple codes it comes with. If you don't want to sub to DTV, you use the code that gives access via pc/tablet

Is a DIRECTV subscription necessary in order to view NFL Sunday Ticket via computer, mobile or tablet?

No, it is not necessary to have a DIRECTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition aspecial code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet and mobile devices.

bionic77

Fuck the haters Canada is cool and Toronto is awesome.
Agreed that Canada is cool. Not sure I would go so far to say that Toronto is "awesome". It's not bad though. It's no NYC though.

I would have gone with Vancouver. Never been but it looks fantastic.

Godslay

Banned
Worst case scenario, preorder the game at $100, wait for additional details. If the deal is bs and you can't get streaming without DTV or something of that nature cancel the order before it ships. You'll get your money back through Amazon.

ChanHuk

Banned
Well I preordered Madden for PS3. Probably will just trade it in on release day or something and keep the code for Sunday ticket. Will make working Sundays much easier. Besides, its Amazon, return whatever you want.

BigAT

No. It states that there are multiple codes it comes with. If you don't want to sub to DTV, you use the code that gives access via pc/tablet

Is a DIRECTV subscription necessary in order to view NFL Sunday Ticket via computer, mobile or tablet?

Isn't the online access only for people that CAN'T get DirecTV, not those that don't want it? There's a huge difference between the two.

"Keep in the mind that the third group – “fans unable to receive DirecTV service” – would be very limited in scope and not those who simply have cable instead of DirecTV. That is for the people who can’t get DirecTV where they live. So the Anniversary Edition of Madden NFL 25 will really only appeal to hardcore Ultimate Team players and those starting new service with DirecTV or that fall into that specific group that can’t get DTV even if they wanted to."

http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/05/17/madden-nfl-25-anniversary-edition-exclusive-to-amazon

Godslay

Banned
Only if your a Pats fan.

Would be nice if they included the PS3 version though. NFL in 1080p glory.

To play Madden as a Pats fan you have to have the PSEYE or the Kinect attached. Otherwise, it won't work. When it's attached though, you can see the other players play selection, so it evens out.

bionic77

Madden has garbage graphics. Sports games in general really disappointed me this gen. This was the smallest leap I have seen between gens as a gamer for sports games.

EA has no incentive to improve madden which sucks. But AI, physics and most of all animation need to improve. Which won't happen. Instead we will get slightly better graphics with the same PS2 animations and some new features and DLC.

ChanHuk

Banned
To play Madden as a Pats fan you have to have the PSEYE or the Kinect attached. Otherwise, it won't work. When it's attached though, you can see the other players play selection, so it evens out.

Is that how Spygate originated? Belicheat would watch other coaches playing Madden?

I think Madden is worse than CoD compared to other yearly updates.

BigAT

Madden has garbage graphics. Sports games in general really disappointed me this gen. This was the smallest leap I have seen between gens as a gamer for sports games.

EA has no incentive to improve madden which sucks. But AI, physics and most of all animation need to improve. Which won't happen. Instead we will get slightly better graphics with the same PS2 animations and some new features and DLC.

What?! Look at how amazing these graphics are:

obxhJMx.jpg

bionic77

Is that how Spygate originated? Belicheat would watch other coaches playing Madden?

I think Madden is worse than CoD compared to other yearly updates.
I think the monopoly is what hurt Madden the most. They don't give a fuck now because there is no alternative.

i agree madden has dogged it for the most part this generation. i love the game and purchase it because of the gaf online franchise we run but really the graphics and features we got in madden 13 SHOULD have been available no later than madden 08.

what is interesting to me is that people are still harping about the madden next gen "teaser" video from 2005 (the giants vs. eagles one). "when are we going to get these graphics EA!" the funny thing is the current madden looks mostly better in up close replay views than the teaser video. the lighting is really the main thing lacking (and perhaps the weather effects). but you would NEVER play from those views and you never will play from those views.

i feel like there is only so much you can do from the gameplay perspective most people will play from. animations, AI and gameplay options are where EA should improve things

bionic77

i agree madden has dogged it for the most part this generation. i love the game and purchase it because of the gaf online franchise we run but really the graphics and features we got in madden 13 SHOULD have been available no later than madden 08.

what is interesting to me is that people are still harping about the madden next gen "teaser" video from 2005 (the giants vs. eagles one). "when are we going to get these graphics EA!" the funny thing is the current madden looks mostly better in up close replay views than the teaser video. the lighting is really the main thing lacking (and perhaps the weather effects). but you would NEVER play from those views and you never will play from those views.

i feel like there is only so much you can do from the gameplay perspective most people will play from. animations, AI and gameplay options are where EA should improve things
You are crazy dude. In screens madden looks good in select shots. And they have some canned animations that look good. But most animations look like shit and that is where the graphics pale next to the teaser. All this shit looks great in a screenshot of GIF but the animations are so disappointing hat it falls apart as soon as it moves. It has nothing to so with the angles. I agree the lighting is shit but it mostly the animations.

Godslay

Banned
Isn't the online access only for people that CAN'T get DirecTV, not those that don't want it? There's a huge difference between the two.

"Keep in the mind that the third group – “fans unable to receive DirecTV service” – would be very limited in scope and not those who simply have cable instead of DirecTV. That is for the people who can’t get DirecTV where they live. So the Anniversary Edition of Madden NFL 25 will really only appeal to hardcore Ultimate Team players and those starting new service with DirecTV or that fall into that specific group that can’t get DTV even if they wanted to."

http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/05/17/madden-nfl-25-anniversary-edition-exclusive-to-amazon

That guy is wrong. Directly from EA themselves...

No, it is not necessary to have a DIRECTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition aspecial code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet and mobile devices.

In addition to that I found this little juicy bit in the comments...

Nik Daily pastapadre • 2 days ago
Not true, because PS3 and computer access use the same log in. I buy the computer package every year, and each year use it on my PS3.
1 •Reply•Share ›

Shopmaster Nik Daily • 2 days ago
Yea, I was going to say the same as Nik. They are not going to update their terms cause they want ppl to get the DTV subscription. I know a couple of people that use their PC code last year for their PS3.

JABEE

In addition to that I found this little juicy bit in the comments...

Nik Daily pastapadre • 2 days ago
Not true, because PS3 and computer access use the same log in. I buy the computer package every year, and each year use it on my PS3.
1 •Reply•Share ›

Shopmaster Nik Daily • 2 days ago
Yea, I was going to say the same as Nik. They are not going to update their terms cause they want ppl to get the DTV subscription. I know a couple of people that use their PC code last year for their PS3.
That would be great. Does this package allow you to look at game tape from all the games after the weekend is over? It think eznark was talking about doing that with whatever package he has.

You are crazy dude. In screens madden looks good in select shots. And they have some canned animations that look good. But most animations look like shit and that is where the graphics pale next to the teaser. All this shit looks great in a screenshot of GIF but the animations are so disappointing hat it falls apart as soon as it moves. It has nothing to so with the angles. I agree the lighting is shit but it mostly the animations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxyT...t=-30,n=2..0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.pnodw8YFZeQ

lol what? you think those animations look awesome? when was the last time you actually played madden?

Milchjon

I love Canada. At least the part of it that I've seen.

Also, can somebody explain how Tumblr is worth 1.1 billion when it has a 13 million dollar revenue?

It is strictly all the users data that's worth the money?

Well, they're gonna push more ads in the future, that's for sure.

It has quite a few rather dedicated users. That's where the supposed worth comes from. But I think compared to other services (Facebook, especially) the lockin isn't all that bad, so I'm not sure that's too well thought out.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Who is eligible?

Top Bottom