• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

MechDX

BKvUCwvCYAAvQe7.jpg

Only took 10 damn years to get a legit #2 WR!

PDS ‏@PatDStat 33m

Wasn't the only one that noticed but Andre Johnson looks like he hit the weight room hard this offseason. Made his "Dre" like catches today.

Awwwwww yeah!

bionic77

Sounds like the PS4 is right up your alley!

Or any PC made in the last year or two.
Yeah for multiplatform (mainly sports) I am leaning towards PS4 or PC. I am really digging Win7 and my 27" monitor at work. On a desktop it is as good as OSX.

I will probably wait a year though. MS is still a mystery so we still need to wait and see.

I wonder if people still want 400-500 consoles anymore? At that price you may as well spend a few hundred more and get a PC.

bionic77

Amen!

Only reason I ever bought a 360 is that that's what my friends play CoD/BF3 on. They don't have gaming PCs :(
Most of my friends don't play games anymore.

I am not a shooter guy and prefer Japanese games which is why I got a PS3 (along with Bluray and the assumption it would be the sequel to PS2). But Japanese games all went to DS so that was my favorite platform last gen.

I might just say fuck it and go PC next gen.

I wonder if people still want 400-500 consoles anymore? At that price you may as well spend a few hundred more and get a PC.
I want a PS4 because I like a lot of Sony games and I like what they've shown so far. I'll watch MS' thing tomorrow but I'd be shocked if I ended up with another Xbox.

Most of my friends don't play games anymore.

I am not a shooter guy and prefer Japanese games which is why I got a PS3 (along with Bluray and the assumption it would be the sequel to PS2). But Japanese games all went to DS so that was my favorite platform last gen.

I might just say fuck it and go PC next gen.

I bought a gaming capable laptop last year and have 40+ games on it already via Steam. I'm playing those more than the 360/PS3 backlog I've concocted.

However, I have two teenage boys who are constantly on the 360 (despite having gaming laptops as well), so I suspect I'll be going with at least one of the consoles next gen. I'm just not buying 2 (or 3, as I had the Wii collecting dust for a year before returning it for the PS3).

As long as Ps4 stays free to play online, they probably have me. Plus I think I'm dried out on the IPs xbox had last gen. I'm looking forward to more Sony franchises like KH3

ChanHuk

Banned
Never been a PC gamer, in fact I haven't had a desktop PC since 2006. I'll spend the $500 on the PS4 and save up for a MBA. A value gaming rig cost about what? $800?

cdyhybrid

Never been a PC gamer, in fact I haven't had a desktop PC since 2006. I'll spend the $500 on the PS4 and save up for a MBA. A value gaming rig cost about what? $800?

Depends on what you mean by value, I guess.

If you just want to play the games and aren't too concerned about Ultra-High graphics and shit you can probably do it for $500.

bionic77

I bought a gaming capable laptop last year and have 40+ games on it already via Steam. I'm playing those more than the 360/PS3 backlog I've concocted.

However, I have two teenage boys who are constantly on the 360 (despite having gaming laptops as well), so I suspect I'll be going with at least one of the consoles next gen. I'm just not buying 2 (or 3, as I had the Wii collecting dust for a year before returning it for the PS3).
I have been on Mac laptops for the last 8 years so that's been a no go but the Mini had become such a piece of shit that I am pretty sure I will upgrade to a medium gaming PC.

Gaming in general captures my attention less and less each year. When you get really busy it gets harder to justify spending that previous free time on videogames.

ChanHuk

Banned
Depends on what you mean by value, I guess.

If you just want to play the games and aren't too concerned about Ultra-High graphics and shit you can probably do it for $500.

I play videogames on consoles, do you think I care about ultra-high graphics? Its all about blast processing anyway. Hell I played Starcraft 2 on low quality for about half a year.

EDIT: I just checked out that PC building thread on the gaming side. Their best value config is $800 excluding a monitor. I was thinking I could save about $200 by just getting one of them Haswell CPUs. That should be enough for light gaming, Dolphin, and PCSX2. Eh, for $600 I'd still rather put that towards a new MBA.

bionic77

Chan MBA is the greatest laptop ever made. Great choice!

I travel all the time so for me it is my favorite piece of tech. Add in my Verizon mifi and I can work anywhere.

cdyhybrid

I play videogames on consoles, do you think I care about ultra-high graphics? Its all about blast processing anyway. Hell I played Starcraft 2 on low quality for about half a year.

Well, SC2 is a bit of a unique case :p

Depends on what games you want to play too. If you're playing stuff like TF2, Civ, etc. you don't need a beastly machine, but you aren't running Crysis or Ultra-gfx Skyrim with 50 mods on a $500 machine.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I give zero fucks about this new gen. I always jump into the next gens a few years after they iron out the kinks and the build up a library.

That said is it true they're actually doing a Kingdom Hearts 3? I may try that out because fuck it the first two were dumb but I'm pot committed now.

ChanHuk

Banned
Chan MBA is the greatest laptop ever made. Great choice!

I travel all the time so for me it is my favorite piece of tech. Add in my Verizon mifi and I can work anywhere.

Yeah it is, I regret getting my 2011 13" MBP over a MBA, that time I was still using the optical drive. I mean its still a nice laptop but the MBA is just insane. I had a 2006 black MB before that, actually what really sold me as an Apple customer was their customer service. I bought a returned Macbook from CompUSA for like $200 off MSRP, it had a problem with squeaky hinges about 8 months later. Apple Store gave me a new updated model. Actually Apple has always treated me well. The updated MBA with Haswell should be able to run emulators and light games better than this MBP I have.

PS bionic, Cordelia and MyUnit are a two man wrecking crew, I just got their kid in the mix and the trio could probably embarrass Seal Team Six.

I give zero fucks about this new gen. I always jump into the next gens a few years after they iron out the kinks and the build up a library.

That said is it true they're actually doing a Kingdom Hearts 3? I may try that out because fuck it the first two were dumb but I'm pot committed now.

i know they are doing KH1.5 (HD remaster) on ps3 (and maybe 360? idk)

i remember playing KH1 years ago and got about halfway through. the story was whatever but i remember being able to follow it. then i bought the new 3ds kingdom hearts game. played it for a couple hours and literally had no fucking clue what was going on so i sold it. the story sounds like a complete mess but i guess what can you expect

Savage, and we can hope and dream.

But the Hd collection is coming out soon, so my hopes are alive more then ever before

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
i know they are doing KH1.5 (HD remaster) on ps3 (and maybe 360? idk)

i remember playing KH1 years ago and got about halfway through. the story was whatever but i remember being able to follow it. then i bought the new 3ds kingdom hearts game. played it for a couple hours and literally had no fucking clue what was going on so i sold it. the story sounds like a complete mess but i guess what can you expect

Savage, and we can hope and dream.

But the Hd collection is coming out soon, so my hopes are alive more then ever before

Hey you know the games are dumb, but they were fun. Just no fucking clue what the hell happened to the story after KH1.

I haven't touched a KH since 2, none of these spin offs or whatever else.

And really BG if you dispute that the KH games were dumb need I remind you of how KH2 started and then Finny Fun or Frenzy whatever it was called?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Well, SC2 is a bit of a unique case :p

Depends on what games you want to play too. If you're playing stuff like TF2, Civ, etc. you don't need a beastly machine, but you aren't running Crysis or Ultra-gfx Skyrim with 50 mods on a $500 machine.

One of the things that convinced me to build my new pc was how long it took CiV to process the enemy turns. On that note, I'd like to give two thumbs up to ssd's. Apps launch super fast in a hurry.

cdyhybrid

One of the things that convinced me to build my new pc was how long it took CiV to process the enemy turns. On that note, I'd like to give two thumbs up to ssd's. Apps launch super fast in a hurry.

Yeah, that never really bothered me though, since it was a turn-based game. I could just watch some TV or surf the net or something if it took particularly long and it wouldn't affect the actual gameplay. Last one I played was IV though.

Similarly, I never really got all the outrage over the slowdown in FFT. Yeah it's annoying, but it's not like you're losing battles because of it or something.

I have been on Mac laptops for the last 8 years so that's been a no go but the Mini had become such a piece of shit that I am pretty sure I will upgrade to a medium gaming PC.

Gaming in general captures my attention less and less each year. When you get really busy it gets harder to justify spending that previous free time on videogames.
I hear you. When I was working from home I had more time to play, because I didn't have to get up quite so early and I didn't have an hour's worth of total commute time every day. I also ran or hit the gym as part of my lunch break occasionally.

Now I go into the office every day. I gotta make time for the gym in the morning, which means getting to sleep earlier, which means less time for games.

Hey you know the games are dumb, but they were fun. Just no fucking clue what the hell happened to the story after KH1.

I haven't touched a KH since 2, none of these spin offs or whatever else.

And really BG if you dispute that the KH games were dumb need I remind you of how KH2 started and then Finny Fun or Frenzy whatever it was called?
I'm gonna be honest here I never got a chance to finish KH2, I've only beat 1 lol. I'm just hoping I get a chance to play the hd collections. But from what I remember I loved them. I remember me and friend going to blockbuster to rent Kh2 when it came out, and playing all night. Awww the memories <3

10 am est for Microsoft press conference, or extra sleep on my day off.

It's not like the whole thing won't be replayed on the internet all damn day.

bionic77

Yeah it is, I regret getting my 2011 13" MBP over a MBA, that time I was still using the optical drive. I mean its still a nice laptop but the MBA is just insane. I had a 2006 black MB before that, actually what really sold me as an Apple customer was their customer service. I bought a returned Macbook from CompUSA for like $200 off MSRP, it had a problem with squeaky hinges about 8 months later. Apple Store gave me a new updated model. Actually Apple has always treated me well. The updated MBA with Haswell should be able to run emulators and light games better than this MBP I have.

PS bionic, Cordelia and MyUnit are a two man wrecking crew, I just got their kid in the mix and the trio could probably embarrass Seal Team Six.
If you value portability at all then the MBA is the best laptop ever. If you are going to use it on a desk 90% of the time get one with a bigger screen. For me because I travel the 13" is soooooooooo good.

Yeah you can make some badass units late in the game. My unit petered out in the last 2-3 chapters but he was a badass before that. Some of the kids are like Gods.

And all I remember about KH1 is the cool intro song and a good ending. Does the main character ever nail Kairi or does he go for that purple haired kid?

I'm at the point in my life in which I give zero fucks about graphics or online or the checklist stuff that these guys fight about now.

If there's a game I feel I must play I will buy the console. Nintendo has me because I love the shit out of their franchises, and Sony got me with Valkryia, the Show and Demon's Souls. Over 2 gens MS hasn't had one exclusive that's made me want to take the plunge and I doubt they'll start tomorrow.

bionic77

I'm at the point in my life in which I give zero fucks about graphics or online or the checklist stuff that these guys fight about now.

If there's a game I feel I must play I will buy the console. Nintendo has me because I love the shit out of their franchises, and Sony got me with Valkryia, the Show and Demon's Souls. Over 2 gens MS hasn't had one exclusive that's made me want to take the plunge and I doubt they'll start tomorrow.
I feel the same way but Gears and Halo are must haves for some people.

I feel the same way but Gears and Halo are must haves for some people.

To be fair Gears almost got me. My cousin brought his 360 over one week and I played the shit out of 2, and after that I was done with it.

Also, I'll be damned if i'm gonna pay even one red cent for online play.

edit: Thinking about it, Mass Effect was closer. but then thank God MS shipped Bioware off to EA and they released it on PC.

Top Bottom