• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Before we all die due to gaming side I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I love you all. May Papa Peypey bless you with an eternity of Papa Johns.

Fantomex

I'm excited for the conference but I'm waiting at least 2 years before getting my 720 with a RROD. I'm sure a lot will change by then.

squicken

Kevin Durant donated $1m to the OK Red Cross. That is pretty amazing. I know he has money but I can't recall an athlete ever donating that much to one cause. Usually it's all through their tax dodge foundations, or to their alma mater

edit: On the other end of the spectrum, lawyers

t's not a happy story. And it almost ended in tragedy. Opposing Views provides some more details:

The woman met with Lowe in August 2011 to discuss pursuing a divorce from her husband. Lowe asked about her sexual relationship with her husband, complimented her appearance and asked if she was interested in sex.

They began an affair that lasted until March 2012. After several arguments about their affair and his own marriage, Lowe said he was breaking things off and quitting as her lawyer.

That day the woman tried to kill herself. While hospitalized, she revealed her affair with Lowe.

Adding to the insult, Lowe apparently billed the woman for "legal services" for the time they spent on their trysts. The specific activities cited during these hours were "drafting memos" and "meetings."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/minn...-for-having-sex-with-her-2013-5#ixzz2TwiTX200

Marcus Cannon is finally getting snaps at right guard during the Patriots' OTAs today. If he supplanted Dan Connolly in that position, it could be a considerable boost to the offensive line. Also, someone said that Ras I-Dowling looked good today. Maybe the dream isn't dead.

If Ras-I stays healthy, he's a Pro-Bowl player. Too bad the IF is the size of a small moon.

Edit: Holy shit, who at Gametrailers thought that this guy was a good idea.

Draxal

If Ras-I stays healthy, he's a Pro-Bowl player. Too bad the IF is the size of a small moon.

Ya know, it's quite poetic that you are fan of a team with so many Rutgers players (you signed Mark Harrison the other day) with Rutgers Dutch origins (formed by the Dutch Reformed C and it's motto is based off Utrecht's).

He's as injury prone as RunDMC, except DMac wasn't injury prone in college.

8fzz0Qx.png

Ya know, it's quite poetic that you are fan of a team with so many Rutgers players (you signed Mark Harrison the other day) with Rutgers Dutch origins (formed by the Dutch Reformed C and it's motto is based off Utrecht's).

I didn't know this. That's pretty cool actually. I should attend Rutgers, can you hook me up ?

brentech

I don't get the espn thing. I wonder if it actually works, because that obviously wasn't a live game. So having the fantasy scores update wasn't live either. How much of this is just video he has running and has to talk on pace with it?

That was an amazing conference. MS is going to kill it this coming gen for sure. That console was so futuristic, people are going to eat that up for sure. I also saw the announced some kind of Fifa exclusivity. It will be interesting to see if that sways Europe at all from Sony.

Did EA learn nothing from their Giants/Iggles CG trailer debacle?

New Xbox looks like a shiny Colecovision. New controller looks like a serious downgrade.
They haven't showed any 1st party content that will get me interested. Maybe at E3.

#PS4andPC

Did EA learn nothing from their Giants/Iggles CG trailer debacle?

New Xbox looks like a shiny Colecovision. New controller looks like a serious downgrade.
They haven't showed any 1st party content that will get me interested. Maybe at E3.

#PS4andPC

The IRGIII concussion was the most realistic thing about the whole trailer.

squicken

lol garbage. Nothing I saw makes me want one, and the NFL segment was a giant cocktease

Buried in the NFL press release, coaches will no longer be using laminated paper playsheets and printouts. MS surface tablets are coming to NFL sidelines

brentech

When they first announced the deal with the NFL I started to get scared. Then they talked about what they currently have planned and I just started cracking up.

Whole thing just looks like a big joke. It's essentially everything no one asked for nor really desires. PC+PS4 for me it would seem, unless they make some big adjustments to their plans when they see this fallout.

Godslay

Banned
Plus with Steam you can easily download the client on multiple machines so you can play your games anywhere. Will it be that easy to access all your games on another Xbox One?

I don't see why not if their account system is up to snuff.

MS is actually very good at account activation/deactivation. Shouldn't be any different than say a copy of MS Office (x amount of installs, activate/deactivate).

squicken

Without the sales, flex-pricing, and easy to navigate UI.

It is the same anti-piracy and anti-used game system steam uses. As far as pricing, I have no idea. On 360 and PS3 the digital downloads were jokes. Anything with a mouse will always have better UI than a gamepad

edit: didn't see YH's post. I imagine used games and rentals will incur a fee to be paid to MS

It is the same anti-piracy and anti-used game system steam uses. As far as pricing, I have no idea. On 360 and PS3 the digital downloads were jokes. Anything with a mouse will always have better UI than a gamepad

edit: didn't see YH's post. I imagine used games and rentals will incur a fee to be paid to MS

I dont see how you can say this. The voice commands seemed amazingly responsive and way better then having to have a fucking keyboard and mouse in my living room.

I don't see why not if their account system is up to snuff.

MS is actually very good at account activation/deactivation. Shouldn't be any different than say a copy of MS Office (x amount of installs, activate/deactivate).
That's a good point, that part probably won't be an issue.

Godslay

Banned
That's a good point, that part probably won't be an issue.

Yeah, I'm just guessing. In an ideal scenario you can have x amount of authorized devices to an account, similar to Steam. Games are tied to account, which is tied to authorized devices. I'd be fine with that, if we could get the deals on Xbox that you can on Steam.

As far as used, I'll wait for details.

I just don't see how voice commands will work in a noisy living room

That is a legit point. My wife and I are already worried about how it will work with 2 XBOX ONE's in our living room next to each other. Sucks that MS confirmed no BC, that really takes a lot of the steam from next gen for me.

So what's the price you guys think they're gonna tag on this puppy? Seems like pricey bunch if the Kinect is a must-have addition.
I'm going to guess the same price as I think the PS4 is going to go for.

$499-$599.
I'm sure I'm in the minority in saying I like the design. Yeah, it's bulky but it's simple and I'm good with that. The controller looks nice as well. I really hope Microsoft knocks it out of the park at the E3. In the end, I'll likely own all of these consoles but which I buy first this holiday season will depend on greatly on the games that excite me at launch and right now Sony has done a better job enticing me.
I like it too. It looks huge but it looks pretty sleek.

The conference as you say was basically the setup for E3. Still doesn't excuse the total lack of actual gameplay footage. As much as some people around GAF don't care about Killzone, at the very least it was something to show off what the PS4 could do at the Sony unveil.

That entire presentation was great if what you care about is accessory services and are interested in your game console controlling your living room. I can see how that would appeal to a certain subset of folks.

As a gamer, the entire presentation was a disaster. I find those type of advances interesting but impractical in a lot of situations and frankly I've have absolutey no interest whatsoever in integrating gestures in my normal everyday routing of watching television/movies, etc. Voice activation is fine and dandy but again - what does it offer to me in terms of useable functionality that I can't already do on a remote? That stuff didn't click with me with the current Kinect unit and I doubt it will do much to win me over in this next generation.

The total and complete lack of focus on actual games was depressing. I understand the plan is for E3 to focus on upcoming games but you're revealing a game console - it would behoove you to show a little balance. To give the gamer something to chew on outside of fantasy NBA integration because in the end we are the people that are going to be the early adopter on this product.

I'm sure I'm in the minority in saying I like the design. Yeah, it's bulky but it's simple and I'm good with that. The controller looks nice as well. I really hope Microsoft knocks it out of the park at the E3. In the end, I'll likely own all of these consoles but which I buy first this holiday season will depend on greatly on the games that excite me at launch and right now Sony has done a better job enticing me.

squicken

I'm fine with the design as well, but it is a little odd. You can put a very high end PC into a much smaller package. They are building at 40nm, which is huge. They will be able to chop that thing down significantly very quickly. It's something to think about as far as adopting early. It's going to use a lot of power

http://majornelson.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-architecture-panel/

More hardware/tech live stream with major nelson

I am really curious to know what the 7 exclusive sequels are at launch. Forza is 1 but I cant think of many others that will be ready for launch.

squicken

God this thing must be shit as far as spec. This hardware thing they are talking about offloading computing into the cloud. Every tech thing is making it work with the the rest of the living room. They are under-powered relative to the PS4. Badly from how much they are spinning

Talon

The conference didn't interest me as someone that doesn't regularly use Microsoft services.

I hate using Skype as-is.

What a garbage reveal. Supporters in Gaming keep asking "What did you expect from the CONSOLE reveal?" Did they not watch Sony's when they showed debut trailers for four-five PS4 games?

What a garbage reveal. Supporters in Gaming keep asking "What did you expect from the CONSOLE reveal?" Did they not watch Sony's when they showed debut trailers for four-five PS4 games?

Not even debut trailers - honest to goodness in-game footage running on the hardware. I don't think its out of the question to want/expect that out of a reveal. People were bitching that Sony didn't show the hardware itself and I have to keep wondering - who cares? They showed what mattered. Actual content.

On the design - it has a very HTPC look to it.

Top Bottom