• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

They are speculating via comparisons with off the shelf parts though.
I'll say again, the hardware for both of these of these consoles is about as PC as it gets. Perfectly fine to speculate based on "off the shelf" parts just as Digital Foundry did with their article.

What I don't get is why it's paid much of any mind anyways? History has shown us that power doesn't win a console cycle. Even if the PS4 does prove itself out to be the more powerful platform or vice versa - yay?

Colasante

Is it just me or was last season pretty low on really memorable plays?

Apart from maybe the replacement ref TD, that one cool move by the Saints player where he avoided two defenders (don't even remember who) and maybe 4th and 29, what was there?

Oh, Lloyd's smiling catch was awesome, of course.

Um...

61024-Mark-Sanchez-butt-fumble-gif-xDAf.gif

Also, 4th and 29 and Flacco's pass at the end of regulation against the Broncos. Those were the big ones.

Not necessarily a play, but Peyton Manning throwing three touchdowns in the opening quarter versus the Falcons was super memorable, as was the Chargers losing after holding a 24-0 lead.

ChanHuk

Banned
DMac couldn't even get started so he had no highlight runs except for his long TD against the Steelers (LOL THEY LOST TO THE RAIDERS!!111)

I don't know, maybe it's because I didn't get to see it live, but I always seem to forget about this.

But I still don't think it was on the same level as Tebow vs the Steelers, for instance.
Yeah, I agree, but it was up there. Unlike the Denver/Pitt game the Broncos basically had this game won, and Flacco's bomb was just a pure desperation prayer. Seeing it connect was so crazy, I won't be forgetting it anytime soon.

Godslay

Banned
Apologies in advance to Godslay but that late bomb from Flacco was just insane.

Thanks a lot. Just had a Nam like flashback in my backyard of that play. I think I tripped over and broke one of my wife's flower pots pretending I was Rahim Moore making a play on the ball.

I'll say again, the hardware for both of these of these consoles is about as PC as it gets. Perfectly fine to speculate based on "off the shelf" parts just as Digital Foundry did with their article.

What I don't get is why it's paid much of any mind anyways? History has shown us that power doesn't win a console cycle. Even if the PS4 does prove itself out to be the more powerful platform or vice versa - yay?

I'll take your word for it. I thought that the GPU's would be specialized, but it appears that the SOC are very similar?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Apart from maybe the replacement ref TD, that one cool move by the Saints player where he avoided two defenders (don't even remember who) and maybe 4th and 29, what was there?

Only the most controversial call of recent memory!

pQJT2Iu.jpg

Even casual football fans got in on the rage!

Thanks a lot. Just had a Nam like flashback in my backyard of that play. I think I tripped over and broke one of my wife's flower pots pretending I was Rahim Moore making a play on the ball.
My old college roommate (Broncos fan) hasn't kept up with any football news this offseason. He said he swore off football after that game, but he's hoping the wound will heal up enough before the season starts.

A lot of times the most gut-wrenching plays are the most memorable, sadly.

Godslay

Banned
My old college roommate (Broncos fan) hasn't kept up with any football news this offseason. He said he swore off football after that game, but he's hoping the wound will heal up enough before the season starts.

A lot of times the most gut-wrenching plays are the most memorable, sadly.

I rationalize it by telling myself it wasn't the SB, and the fact that it was luck (preemptive fuck you xnipx you know it's true!).

His heart should be hardened by the SB losses anyway. It's so much more heartbreaking to lose a SB in blowouts. Losing to a Flacco bomb in desperation time pales in comparison.

They're essentially the same thing except Sony customized the GPU and its significantly more powerful.

Looks like it. Sounds good to me. Wonder what the difference will be?

MechDX

aj80_medium.gif

schaub-hit-9-23-12.gif

schaubnut.gif

Forsett_original.gif

SWzyL.gif

Just like this gen, you won't see the difference until you see first party games or exclusives.

PS FUCK YOU SEGA, BRING VALKYRIA CHRONICLES 4 TO PS4!!!
Sega has no money, they won't let Wow Overworks do anything but make obscure, low-budget shooters and RPGs.

MechDX

IN 2012 we were all introduced to that cornfed, Sconi bastard who just rewrote history books for defensive linemen. Mr. Justin James Watt!

swatt_medium.gif

watt-sack.gif

Don't give a damn that we lost. The boy got swag!
Watt_Dave-Einsel-Associated-Press.jpg

159414233.0_standard_352.0.jpg

<3<3<3

bionic77

Usually the console that is underpowered released first. It is different when they come out at the same time.

As always it will come to price.

Godslay

Banned
God I am so tempted to start a thread with the title:

Xbox One: A console only Obummer could love.

First post: Thoughts?

It would likely get me banned, but man the reactions. For the record I have nothing against Obama.

Too bad Watt is going to waste in Houston.They already wasted Johnson they should let Watt go free.

That's what they've said about Brady for the last 10 years. Don't act like you've won anything recently.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

First post: Thoughts.

It would likely get me banned, but man the reactions.
It'd be locked on sight if a mod is around, so no reactions. High risk, low reward.

First post: Thoughts?

It would likely get me banned, but man the reactions. For the record I have nothing against Obama.

That's what they've said about Brady for the last 10 years. Don't act like you've won anything recently.

At least Brady won though!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Damn. Gaming side is just crazy right now, I'd love to see some of the crazy reactions.

I'll take your advice, considering your past.
Getting reactions while still remaining in good standing for an extended period of time is an art only a few have mastered.

Godslay

Banned
I believe Tom has 3.

He only had two, but they cut them off. Never mind, you're counting the dangly piece. Makes sense.

Can someone explain to me the joke?

Also, as someone who has never gotten banned, I say roll the dice.

It requires an extra gene to understand :)

Getting reactions while still remaining in good standing for an extended period of time is an art only a few have mastered.

I'm terrible at trolling. It's too obvious I think.

Top Bottom