• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Milchjon

There's only one response to this and it has to be said.

you people

Also, double post. Where the fuck is everybody? It's a holiday weekend ffs.

Out buying beer.

Just paid 10€ for a bottle for the first time in my life. But this sounded too crazy not to try:

This imperial stout is brewed with copious amounts of speciality malts, jasmine and cranberries. After fermentation we then dry-hop this killer stout with a bucketload of our favourite hops before carefully ageing the beer on French toasted oak chips.

18.2% ABV, too.

If any of you guys root for Bayern tonight, you deserve to be punched by Robert Kraft.

Nope fuck Bayern.

200px-Borussia_Dortmund_logo.svg.png

Dortmund's going to get smacked down, though :(

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Also, since I'm ethnically Pommeranian and Bavarian, I'd have to pull for Bayern since its apparently impossible to have a decent football team in East Germany judging by who is in Germany's top league.

I tend to pull for Germany after the US loses in the World Cup as well.

ChanHuk

Banned
Some kinda salad, spaghetti, and maybe a roast chicken is your typical catering for graduation.

Oh and German, what you need a new chefs knife for? Been to Britain lately?

Milchjon

Also, since I'm ethnically Pommeranian and Bavarian, I'd have to pull for Bayern since its apparently impossible to have a decent football team in East Germany judging by who is in Germany's top league.

I tend to pull for Germany after the US loses in the World Cup as well.

You need to root for Dortmund for three reasons:

1. Just like the Packers, they are owned by their fans.
2. If you want to root for your home country, you don't root for the traitor who evaded millions and millions taxes while telling other Germans to pay and in general flaunted his moral superiority.
3. Your German blood should've already told you this, but you ALWAYS root against the Dutch guy in soccer.

Oh and German, what you need a new chefs knife for? Been to Britain lately?

Because I look like this everytime I chop some onions.

bradycry1.jpg

Out buying beer.

Just paid 10€ for a bottle for the first time in my life. But this sounded too crazy not to try:

18.2% ABV, too.

I went with a dram of Glenfiddich 19 last night and tonight I'll probably go with Aberlour A'bunadh (ABV is 59.6% on that one).

Not sure about the cranberries in that stout. I'm not a big cranberry fan. But the marketing spiel makes the whole thing sound interesting.

ChanHuk

Banned
I've had that Victorinox chefs knife for over two years now and it's done me good. Only issue is that it doesn't hold it's edge very long, but I use a cheap accusharp sharpener and all is well again. Of course make sure you hone the edge every time you use it. For $25, it was my best culinary investment.

Milchjon

I went with a dram of Glenfiddich 19 last night and tonight I'll probably go with Aberlour A'bunadh (ABV is 59.6% on that one).

Not sure about the cranberries in that stout. I'm not a big cranberry fan. But the marketing spiel makes the whole thing sound interesting.

As someone who grew up with the German Reinheitsgebot, I'm slightly sceptical too, but all their other beers have been great so far.

I've had that Victorinox chefs knife for over two years now and it's done me good. Only issue is that it doesn't hold it's edge very long, but I use a cheap accusharp sharpener and all is well again. Of course make sure you hone the edge every time you use it. For $25, it was my best culinary investment.

Good to know. I need to look around for it.

ChanHuk

Banned
Today I will do my mundane psychology final, eat an Italian sub and go to bed because those cunts at work scheduled me at 5am. What the fuck is "5am"?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You need to root for Dortmund for three reasons:

1. Just like the Packers, they are owned by their fans.
2. If you want to root for your home country, you don't root for the traitor who evaded millions and millions taxes while telling other Germans to pay and in general flaunted his moral superiority.
3. Your German blood should've already told you this, but you ALWAYS root against the Dutch guy in soccer.

Pffft...the Dutch. Bunch of Germans who couldn't get in line with the rest more like. Who do those people think they are?

Milchjon

Hey, nothing against the Dutch. Love them and their country. As long as it's not about soccer!

Good thing it's almost never about soccer

I'm concerned that those two teams are going to absolutely beat each other up and be in no way ready for the Heat.

Except the Pacers are going to beat the Heat*.

It'll be Spurs-Pacers in the Finals and David Stern is left contemplating offing himself.

*Barring blatant league interference.

You mean the Pacers.

There is a 0% chance that Stern lets that happen. The NBA markets its stars unlike the NFL and MLB, and as such they need those stars to do well and Bron is by far the most marketed player in the NBA. It would kill all the is LeBron better then MJ talk if he gets bounced by the Pacers. If the series were to look in doubt you would see the refs just go crazy with call against the Pacers.

There is a 0% chance that Stern lets that happen. The NBA markets its stars unlike the NFL and MLB, and as such they need those stars to do well and Bron is by far the most marketed player in the NBA. It would kill all the is LeBron better then MJ talk if he gets bounced by the Pacers. If the series were to look in doubt you would see the refs just go crazy with call against the Pacers.

agreed. nba will never allow the pacers to win the series. it would literally take the heat just throwing the series away for it to happen

Talon

Kobe won game one by himself.

Lakers lost because Malone was hurt and we had no backup.
Y'all lost game 1. Didn't Kobe shoot below 40 from the field all series?

Malone didn't get hurt 'til Game 4.

Was that the same year Reggie choked in the ECF by going for a layup instead of a dunk or was that the next season?

Talon

The marketing has changed so much the last few years. Plus the league never hyped Kobe as better then MJ, almost all that anyone that covers the NBA now talks about is Lebron vs MJ.
Dude. Early 2000s was "X is the next MJ" nonstop. That first Wizards/Lakers matchup was hyped to (annoying) hell.

brentech

Dude. Early 2000s was "X is the next MJ" nonstop. That first Wizards/Lakers matchup was hyped to (annoying) hell.

Grant Hill was the next MJ =(
Except not at all. Two totally different play styles. Even still, sucks his injury exploded his career.

Top Bottom