• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Godslay

Banned
No idea when this was actually taken, but it was posted by the Broncos on their Facebook b/c they are bitter that their old QB is better than the new one. It will be a thing I'm sure so here it is

Hmmm. Looked around on their FB, and it's nowhere to be found. Either you're full of shit, have a bad source, or they took it down? Which is it?

cashman

Banned
-lulz at McCarron's tattoos. Almost as bad as Tyler Bray's. I would actually slide him down any prospect ranking b/c of it

-Barry Sanders' high school highlights. Really bad quality but you can see the magic. He sent these to Oklahoma State with instructions to send them along to Oklahoma. The coach at Okie State saw them and said no way are we letting anyone else have him, and didn't send on the tape. Great players stuck at a second rate college team, on to go to a second rate NFL team

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2013...-football-oklahoma-state-detroit-running-back

From the comments section are Jadeveon Clowney's high school highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTkmiBdoBDc

squicken

Hmmm. Looked around on their FB, and it's nowhere to be found. Either you're full of shit, have a bad source, or they took it down? Which is it?

Denver Post. Deadspin's initial Tweet credited the Broncos Facebook. Whatever. Salty team, paper, and fans.

From the comments section are Jadeveon Clowney's high school highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTkmiBdoBDc

I'm not sure what the solution could have been, but it was unsafe to have him on the field with kids half his size

bionic77

Why would bionic have a TV that small? Are you calling him a poor?

Although, I guess it's a possible bathroom TV for him...
We actually do have a 60 inch plasma in the basement. I did not know this was the mark of poverty though. I am going to donate it to Best Buy first thing in the morning.

I think the LCD in the living room is only like 55 inches. But that was the biggest size we could fit in the corner. I did not want to put it on the fireplace. I hate that look.

Might upgrade to a bigger set in the next house!

Godslay

Banned
Denver Post. Deadspin's initial Tweet credited the Broncos Facebook. Whatever. Salty team, paper, and fans.

Asking for accuracy when a post attempts to talk shit doesn't equate to saltiness. Whatever though, mistakes are mistakes. It's not your fault, and I gave you an out by saying it was either a bad source or they took it down.

You still love John Elway though, so I'll be as salty as I want, knowing that you still kiss the ring!

ibnGH3ogvCbJHG.gif

squicken

Asking for accuracy when a post attempts to talk shit doesn't equate to saltiness. Whatever though, mistakes are mistakes. It's not your fault, and I gave you an out by saying it was either a bad source or they took it down.

You still love John Elway though, so I'll be as salty as I want, knowing that you still kiss the ring!

https://i.minus.com/ibnGH3ogvCbJHG.gif[/ig][/QUOTE]

I do still like Elway. He made a mistake in personnel but what can you do? Pretty impressive to get to the second round of the playoffs two years in a row

Talon

God damnit, Asante. Why can't you keep your damn trap shut?

Chris Culliver and Asante should hang out together.

what did he say

Summarizing here, he said he doesn't know why gay's need to announce their sexuality, that straight people don't. Says that we need to think about the children. He also said that he will tolerate a homosexual in the locker room as long as they keep writing him checks.

bionic77

Summarizing here, he said he doesn't know why gay's need to announce their sexuality, that straight people don't. Says that we need to think about the children. He also said that he will tolerate a homosexual in the locker room as long as they keep writing him checks.
Sounds more repressed than JGar.

BigAT

I knew shit would be insane when he over ran the rb in the backfield then caught up to him 30 yards down the field and looked like a giant compared to the rb

There's one play where he makes a tackle on a QB without the ball on an option run, then he gets up and tackles the RB that had the ball pitched to him.

jakncoke

Banned

Wait am i misunderstanding this or he want the gays to pay him or is he referring to owners?

it would be nice to live in a world where gays didn't have to "come out" and make a big announcement about it because everyone would accept them and let them live in peace regardless but that's not the real world

Peyton will definitely win at least one playoff game in Denver. Inevitably they will get a favorable matchup against the Bungles or Texans and clown all over them

BigAT

I'd be more shocked and outraged if Asante Samuel DIDN'T say something stupid. I'm pretty sure Asante saying anything well-reasoned and intelligent is a sign that the end times are upon us.

kap is #81 on the NFL's top 100? lulz. i better not see that bum erron ahead of him after how badly kap tapped that ass in the playoffs!

Man Erron is in Peyton/Favre territory now. He got his one superbowl and will be considered the bomb for the rest of his career regardless of the numerous playoff disappointments to come

brentech

Been gone most the day so I don't know if this was posted earlier, but god damn. So lame.
A Wisconsin church apparently canceled a speaking engagement by LeRoy Butler after the former Green Bay Packers safety refused to take back a message of support for NBA player Jason Collins, who announced earlier this week that he is gay.

The decision, which Butler announced on his Twitter account, set off a storm of national attention on social media and national sports websites.

Shortly after sending a four-word message on Twitter - "Congrats to Jason Collins" - Butler got a call from a member of a church where he was scheduled to give an anti-bullying presentation this summer, he told the Journal Sentinel on Wednesday. Butler confirmed the church is in Wisconsin, but declined to share its name or approximate location.

He assumed the call was to discuss details of the upcoming event. He said he speaks to several churches every year and that sponsors usually help the church raise money to cover his fee - in this case $8,500 - and in turn, donations are collected during the event to benefit the church. He assumed the call was to discuss event details.

Instead, Butler was told the church would cancel his presentation unless he removed the tweet, apologized and asked for God's forgiveness.

"This is what bothers me the most. They said, 'If you ask for forgiveness and remove the tweet and you say something to the effect that you don't congratulate (Collins), then we'll let you do the engagement and get the speaker's fee, and I said I'm not doing that," Butler said Wednesday. "Every gay and lesbian person will say 'You know, LeRoy doesn't speak up for the weak or the silenced. He doesn't stand for anything as a man and he did it for money.' Why would you ask me to reduce my integrity like that?"

He was so bothered by the exchange that he took to Twitter on Tuesday night.

In one message, Butler said he told a church official they had a contract, but "he said check the moral clause."

Butler said he did not consider his support for Collins either religious or political.

"This is a man's personal story. I've always been on the record saying if there was a gay person in the Packer locker room, I would have played with them. All I care about is if you can run and jump, and can you win Super Bowls," Butler said.

Sad it's got to be like that. And for an anti bullying speech of all thing.

Top Bottom