• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Man Erron is in Peyton/Favre territory now. He got his one superbowl and will be considered the bomb for the rest of his career regardless of the numerous playoff disappointments to come

i guess you're right :(

i wish kap had gotten his ring last year so he could suck dick the rest of his career and be immune to criticism like erron. oh well, he'll do it this year and then we'll get flacco'd with his contract extension!

280__charliebrown.gif
I just noticed the Dog on top of the Dog house the other day :lol

i guess you're right :(

i wish kap had gotten his ring last year so he could suck dick the rest of his career and be immune to criticism like erron. oh well, he'll do it this year and then we'll get flacco'd with his contract extension!

Thankfully. Maybe in two years the Rams can get a shot at the wild card

Speaking of. Was wondering, has a division sent three teams to the playoffs before?

cajunator

Banned
It's been snowing here all night. Schools cancelled. About 10" on the ground so far. Alcohol supply is dwindling, and roads are impassable. I've poured Cheerios, water and yeast into the bath tub in hopes that they'll ferment and get me by until they're cleared.

I only hope I can hold out that long. Dark days ahead.

What the fuck. Its MAY. Should be warming up.
No wonder Vikings fans get so depressed. Its not the team its the shitty fucking weather.

Hunter S.

Man Erron is in Peyton/Favre territory now. He got his one superbowl and will be considered the bomb for the rest of his career regardless of the numerous playoff disappointments to come
dumdeedeedum. Only 10 quarterbacks in Superbowl history have won more than one Superbowl, and they account for 26/47, or 55% total. In other words, only 31 quarterbacks ever won a super bowl making Peyton stand out as one of the few and proud. All these quarterbacks are elite except Brady because he wears tampons and defies what it measn to be a man in this country.

MechDX

Any Teblow updates?

Yeah Warren Moon says he would suck in the CFL too:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...e-tebow-fix-throwing-motion-article-1.1332667

You have to be able to throw the ball up there if anything and they throw the ball a lot,” Moon, a veteran of six Canadian Football League seasons, told Houston’s 610-AM Wednesday.

“There are only three downs so the passing game is much more important up there,” Moon said. “You have got to be able to throw it and I think that’s his biggest problem, just being (able) to complete passes, be an accurate passer. I think he’s a really good athlete playing the position but I don’t think that’s enough sometimes.”

Oh dear, is it time for the discrimination against black athletes discussion again?

Remember when AP or somebody said that playing in the NFL is like slavery?

That was a fun time.

nah just poking fun at warren moon! hard to blame him after he got black balled but not every criticism of a black QB has an agenda beyond football

in other news:

945965_494454760608771_1412224927_n.jpg

th_wwwemoticothumb.gif

Kap lives in the burbs?

Will all of those STD-ridden, tatted up trust fund babies still like him after this shocking discovery?

squicken

If Harbaugh decides that he doesn't want to sign Kap long term, I wonder how much he'll get. I get the sense that Harbaugh's ability to develop QBs is a huge organizational advantage. If they can get 90% of Aaron Rodgers at 5% of the cost, they can constantly keep the core of the team in tact.

jakncoke

Banned
Big Hit

Oh dear, is it time for the discrimination against black athletes discussion again?

Remember when AP or somebody said that playing in the NFL is like slavery?

That was a fun time.

I remember that time, I had to spam every single random news article to get this thread back in a less terrible state it was in

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If Harbaugh decides that he doesn't want to sign Kap long term, I wonder how much he'll get. I get the sense that Harbaugh's ability to develop QBs is a huge organizational advantage. If they can get 90% of Aaron Rodgers at 5% of the cost, they can constantly keep the core of the team in tact.

I'd need to see him play a full season before I think the Niners need to worry about his contract.

That said, has dropping a really good quarterback for financial reasons ever been a good idea?

jakncoke

Banned
I'd need to see him play a full season before I think the Niners need to worry about his contract.

That said, has dropping a really good quarterback for financial reasons ever been a good idea?

Considering there is maybe 15-20 serviceable qbs on the planet.. i'd say no

squicken

They have to make a decision after this year. But they are getting Kap+Staley+Bowman for the same price as Rodgers. That's a huge benefit. For GB to catch SF they have to be better in both the draft and free agency. It's even better for SEA, who have 3 more years of cheap Russell

Packers had 3 years of "cheap" Rodgers, too. Rodgers is the best player in football, unfortunately he had to be paid so it handicaps us a bit (lolz NFL "salary cap") but it's well worth the cash. McCarthy can create successful cubes, too. I'm sure if Rodgers didnt turn into AGod we wouldve been able to do something similar. He managed to make HoFlynn look good while he was on the team for chrissakes. Plus on top of that, Ted's philosophy on youth and homegrown talent means our salaries were/will never be inflated since he's always cutting fat. Pay the few stars who deserve it, the rest are just roleplayers. Noone does that better than Ted, with or without Rodgers' supercontract. We'll keep our core even with Rodgers Matthews and Raji taking the large majority of the cash.

Sucks to have the greatest player in the sport on our team, but it's a burden we'll have to carry.

squicken

Packers had 3 years of "cheap" Rodgers, too. Rodgers is the best player in football, unfortunately he had to be paid so it handicaps us a bit (lolz NFL "salary cap") but it's well worth the cash. McCarthy can create successful cubes, too. I'm sure if Rodgers didnt turn into AGod we wouldve been able to do something similar. He managed to make HoFlynn look good while he was on the team for chrissakes. Plus on top of that, Ted's philosophy on youth and homegrown talent means our salaries were/will never be inflated since he's always cutting fat. Pay the few stars who deserve it, the rest are just roleplayers. Noone does that better than Ted, with or without Rodgers' supercontract. We'll keep our core even with Rodgers Matthews and Raji taking the large majority of the cash.

Sucks to have the greatest player in the sport on our team, but it's a burden we'll have to carry.

But if you look at when "elite" QBs when their titles, it's early in their careers. Because after years of being good, the ability to get impact players via the draft gets much more difficult when picking late. You also can't play the FA market as the QB gets more expensive, and you have to start letting core pieces walk.

Ted is going to have to be better than the guys in SEA and SF for you guys to win another SB. Not that the Rams will be SB contenders probably ever, but they have at least a shot b/c of all the extra swings at the pinata, even with their horribly over-paid QB

What a man.
Brains behind the Packers organization. I'm just grateful that Erron was smart enough to take notes in Papa Philbin's film room.

Ted is going to have to be better than the guys in SEA and SF for you guys to win another SB.
All about match ups, really.

The Packers should easily win the north for the rest of Erin's career. They need to lock up home field and the bye and stay healthy and who knows.

Don't expect them to seriously contend until 2014 or 2015.

squicken

Brains behind the Packers organization. I'm just grateful that Erron was smart enough to take notes in Papa Philbin's film room.

All about match ups, really.

That, and health. GB has been getting killed with injuries, and going by all the pre-draft writing, they are determined for that to end. SF really only had the Justin Smith injury, and Seattle the Clemons injury

That, and health. GB has been getting killed with injuries, and going by all the pre-draft writing, they are determined for that to end. SF really only had the Justin Smith injury, and Seattle the Clemons injury

pffft justin smith AND aldon smith! don't forget kyle williams, mario manningham and kendall hunter all going on IR. you may not think the last 3 players mean anything but KW and MM going on IR meant we were extremely thin (AGAIN!) in the playoffs at WR. we basically played with 2 wr's: Moss & Crabtree. aj jenkins and teddy ginn were worthless.

hopefully it doesn't happen again this year because we have a full set of WR's and all of them look pretty good on paper (except aj jenkins)

But if you look at when "elite" QBs when their titles, it's early in their careers. Because after years of being good, the ability to get impact players via the draft gets much more difficult when picking late. You also can't play the FA market as the QB gets more expensive, and you have to start letting core pieces walk.

Ted is going to have to be better than the guys in SEA and SF for you guys to win another SB. Not that the Rams will be SB contenders probably ever, but they have at least a shot b/c of all the extra swings at the pinata, even with their horribly over-paid QB

I'm just saying nothing about Rodgers' contract changes Ted's approach and to me that means things aren't doomed (not that you're suggesting they are). I know it has to have some impact, but not to the extent that it might affect other teams (imo). Before we knew Rodgers was a superstar, Ted was being Ted making us scratch our heads when he let players leave at the "peak" of their careers and replaced them with young nobodies, or traded down and collected draft picks like stamps. When we saw that Rodgers was truly talented but fell short of a playoff win and people were screaming for some big name free agent signing to get us over the top, Ted was like, "Nah son, I got this." And of course, we found out that he did, in fact, got this. So nothing changes now in my estimation. Free agency was never an option in Ted's eyes, and outside of 2009 with Raji/Matthews, Ted never made his bones in the early 1st round anyway. I'm sure statistical factors, regression to the mean, yadda yadda yadda all spells doom, but until then...In Ted I Trust.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
in other news:

th_wwwemoticothumb.gif

Wow, what a pompous douche. Kissing his weak bicep in front of his Lambo...what a humble guy. He seems real happy after losing a Superbowl, should be watching film. Compare Matthew Stafford and Kaeps twitter pages.

Kaeps description:

Trying to be #1 in a world that accepts #2 For requests please contact Shawn Smith email: Shawn@xamsports.com Twitter: @1stladyxamsport http://www.kaepernick7.com
I be where I'm at

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7

Wow man...thats deep. ...."any requests don't Tweet me contact my agent bitch."

Matthew Stafford:

The Official Matthew Stafford Twitter Page. Quarterback for the Detroit Lions.

https://twitter.com/Staff_9

That's all that needs to be said. I'd add "Check the Stats" but Staff is his own man.

Look at their latest Twitter pics:

"@EmilyXAM: Thanks @MusclePharm for having me and @Kaepernick7 today...can't wait to see the new spot!"

Translation: I can't wait to see my body in an advertisement because deep down I have low self esteem and need constant reassurance because of my insecurities.

Big win for the pistons tonight w @kellybhall! Great tix and gear from @Jason_SPORTIQE #spotiqe #detroitbasketball

Meanwhile, Stafford is out with his beautiful, longtime girlfriend from college supporting the local Pistons and the city of Detroit, despite the Pistons being mediocre. Just out and about, in a hoodie, chachkes, and a hat. Just a regular guy who has God-given arm strength and Quarterbacking ability, and isn't going to try to convince everyone he's the shit because he has insecurities.

Who would you rather have as your Quarterback and leading your team?

Wow, what a pompous douche. Kissing his weak bicep in front of his Lambo...what a humble guy. He seems real happy after losing a Superbowl, should be watching film. Compare Matthew Stafford and Kaeps twitter pages.

Kaeps description:

Wow man...thats deep. ...."any requests don't Tweet me contact my agent bitch."

That's all that needs to be said. I'd add "Check the Stats" but Staff is his own man.

Look at their latest Twitter pics:

Translation: I can't wait to see my body in an advertisement because deep down I have low self esteem and need constant of my insecurities.

Meanwhile, Stafford is out with his beautiful, longtime girlfriend from college supporting the local Pistons and the city of Detroit, despite the Pistons being mediocre. Just out and about, in a hoodie, chachkes, and a hat. Just a regular guy who has God-given arm strength and Quarterbacking ability, and isn't going to try to convince everyone he's the shit because he has insecurities.

Who would you rather have as your Quarterback and leading your team?

1. kap has accomlished more in his 10 game career than stafford has accomplished in 5 years or however long he has been losing for

2. who would i rather have as my QB and leading my team? someone who has won a playoff game? do you think a true leader would let his team collapse and finish 4-12 last year? lulz

3. stafford will never have to worry about losing a superbowl because he will never make it to one

p.s.

and while stafford is going to pistons games and fucking around, kap took a bunch of his receivers down to atlanta to start off-season training. that's right: a guy who made the superbowl was already back on the wagon a few short weeks after getting ready for next season. don't you think this is something stafford should do after how pathetic the lions offense was last year? shameful

"elite" QB or not, it's hard to win SBs. You need a defense that's hot and an offense that (1) doesn't make mistakes and (2) comes up big when you need it.

The one thing an elite QB does do for you is get regular season wins, which means you get more shots at the playoffs, which means you get more chances to strike it rich...

Top Bottom